Elijah Dotson Makes the Initial 53 (Was Poll)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I figured that...but you gotta count Horvath...thats 5
    why is horvath so automatic for so many people? It's not like he's been Steve tasker on the special teams unit, and he barely plays on offense. Dotson gives the team a legit gunner and backup returner on STs and a very nice insurance policy at RB in case injuries pile up, that and he's also a valuable commodity to have on the roster that has it's two top RBs hitting FA next season...

Not only have I heard rumblings that Moore doesn't even feature FBs but even when we had an offense that did, Horvath was a non factor on offense last year...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Whydachargers?
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

why is horvath so automatic for so many people? It's not like he's been Steve tasker on the special teams unit, and he barely plays on offense. Dotson gives the team a legit gunner and backup returner on STs and a very nice insurance policy at RB in case injuries pile up, that and he's also a valuable commodity to have on the roster that has it's two top RBs hitting FA next season...

Not only have I heard rumblings that Moore doesn't even feature FBs but even when we had an offense that did, Horvath was a non factor on offense last year...
      No-brainer for me (Dotson!). I'm not getting it either.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I could see Kelley being a surprise cut if both Spiller and Dotson continue to shine. We’ve seen Kelley’s ceiling already, it’s okay but not anything to write home about. Both Spiller and Dotson seem to have attributes Kelley doesn’t, and both are just scratching the surface of what they can do. Kelley has had a looong time to show he’s more than the other guy…

Pass pro will likely decide it.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Hand timing by scouts at school pro days are always slightly “faster” than fully automated times like at the combine because they have a fractional delay in starting their stopwatch when the kid starts running. Even the best of them can’t start it as a fast as an optical recognition sensor in an automated timer. Your theory is not fact, noe of them let their stopwatch run until they ran 45 yards instead of 40.

I bet it was something else. Maybe he just didn’t have a good day. I found one site had his 40 between 4.48 and 4.58, meaning he ran multiple times and they just gave him his average. Maybe he didn’t get a good start on one of the runs. Another site with a 4.53 time said it had not been updated since 2022. Its more likely he just didn’t get an elite starting burst on one of his 40 runs - we’re not talking full seconds here, we are wondering about 0.1 sec of what we think we see vs 4.53. He doesn’t look like he’s running 4.3 or anything , he looks mid 4.4’s which is fast for a RB (4.5 is very normal for a good RB).

I searched for a theory out there that hand times are slower because scouts can’t stop the watch until they ran 45 yards, but I can’t find it anywhere. Watching maybe thousands of prospects and noticing their pro day times vs combine automated times, the hand times by scouts are always faster.

https://www.zybeksports.com/hand-tim...-40-yard-dash/
          Maybe the Ram players are just slow???

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

I didnt say he was automatic, but he is still in the mix until he is cut...so I count 5 serious RB candidates, but figure we will only keep 4...
            Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Popper has him as a core teamer . . . . . . . . . . but he sure doesn't give us much on offense.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

This is also why a good blocking TE is important
                they can double as full backs for the 10 times a season you use one.
                Darius "4.36" Davis
                top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I figured that...but you gotta count Horvath...thats 5
                  I just don't get the draw to Horvash. He was a mediocre RB in college, isn't a FB and we tried him there.
                  Moore doesn't use a FB. Isn't much of a TE type as he isn't much of a blocker.

I think he gets cut. Or is on the PS. We won't miss him either way.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Agree...if the Bolts are smart, they send Horvath to the PS...he'll be safe there...

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Daniel Popper reporting the LA Chargers RB Larry Rountree has been waived.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Popper has him as a core teamer . . . . . . . . . . but he sure doesn't give us much on offense.
                        Okay, so coach up someone ELSE to be a good core teamer...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I just don't get the draw to Horvash. He was a mediocre RB in college, isn't a FB and we tried him there.
                          Moore doesn't use a FB. Isn't much of a TE type as he isn't much of a blocker.

I think he gets cut. Or is on the PS. We won't miss him either way.
                          I tend to agree...but again...he is still in the mix, until he isnt...thats all I was pointing out...
                          Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X