Bolts vs Rams Game Day Thread (Preseason #1)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

this video made me feel better about both Henley and Tuli
    Andrew Farmer too.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
      Woods micd up. They skip over his penalty.

But he talks A LOT

https://youtu.be/TgUGC9bDZCQ
      I didnt think he talked a lot. Seems normal to me.
      He COULD have been called for holding on the punt return for a TD but he wasnt.

I hope Woods is vastly improved this season and i do expect better but my only real issue with him.....and it isnt his fault,..... is we could of drafted Nakobe Dean instead who went a handful of pics later. Just think Dean is going to be a damn good player.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

this video made me feel better about both Henley and Tuli
        Thanks 21&500!

I didn't get to watch the PS game.

I heard so much negative stuff about Henley. But I suspect people aren't watching him every play with an analytical eye. This tape shows what he can do. The best part is his ability to read/react. That's so important in Staley's D. I'm sure that's why they drafted him. It looks like he'll be a nice fit. Remember, this guy only played 2 years @ILB before being drafted. If he learns quickly, he'll be great depth this year... and start next year.

Tuli and Farmer both looked quick and made smart decisions. Their techniques looked pretty good for their age. Play fast is the mantra... and they both held up that department.

I'm going to try and watch all 3 very closely throughout the rest of the PS. Thanks again!
        This is the kind of stuff I'm interested in.
        OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I didnt think he talked a lot. Seems normal to me.
          He COULD have been called for holding on the punt return for a TD but he wasnt.

I hope Woods is vastly improved this season and i do expect better but my only real issue with him.....and it isnt his fault,..... is we could of drafted Nakobe Dean instead who went a handful of pics later. Just think Dean is going to be a damn good player.
          Right?! JT just sounds excited to me. I heard him mention that he feels like he knows what he's doing better this year. Staley asks his safeties to do a lot. Read/react... come up and meet the ball carrier in the gap. IMO, all the safeties are running to the ball better this pre-season. It's nice to see JT being more physical and not shying away from tackling.
          OLineCentric

Comment

• cmplxgal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • New Jersey
            • Send PM

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
              Wow what a bullshit fine.
              When are they going to start fining refs for blatant shit calls?

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Who got fined for the facemask on Stick?
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I agree, Formula. It’s preseason. And what woods did was stupid but not harmful. The face mask was BLATANT and HARMFUL.

NFL: Please read.

PS Woods used to pop a lot of WRs in college. Almost like Rodney. I hope he gets his confidence back and brings that. He was very psychical and has elite athletic ability as well. So rare in a safety to have both. He has the gifts to be another Derwin but has not been able to do it yet.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    JH3 and Me
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Thanks 21&500!

I didn't get to watch the PS game.

I heard so much negative stuff about Henley. But I suspect people aren't watching him every play with an analytical eye. This tape shows what he can do. The best part is his ability to read/react. That's so important in Staley's D. I'm sure that's why they drafted him. It looks like he'll be a nice fit. Remember, this guy only played 2 years @ILB before being drafted. If he learns quickly, he'll be great depth this year... and start next year.

Tuli and Farmer both looked quick and made smart decisions. Their techniques looked pretty good for their age. Play fast is the mantra... and they both held up that department.

I'm going to try and watch all 3 very closely throughout the rest of the PS. Thanks again!
                    This is the kind of stuff I'm interested in.
                    Henley looks like he’ll need some time to develop - he’s playing against much better players now. Tuli seems a more natural/earlier transition to me. He’s physically more mature but also Edge requires less real-time data processing as ILB. Farmer would be a great surprise if he turns into a player, excellent.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      I agree, Formula. It’s preseason. And what woods did was stupid but not harmful. The face mask was BLATANT and HARMFUL.

NFL: Please read.

PS Woods used to pop a lot of WRs in college. Almost like Rodney. I hope he gets his confidence back and brings that. He was very psychical and has elite athletic ability as well. So rare in a safety to have both. He has the gifts to be another Derwin but has not been able to do it yet.

TG
                      Like Rumph, I think year 3 will be Wood’s coming out year. He was just too far behind physically to catch up in 1 year.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                        Lunch money and unfair. But he'll remember. Don't touch the helmet.

Comment

Working...
                        X