First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

What if the Chargers stayed at 3 and drafted Kelly? Would the board go into total meltdown? He is our biggest need.

Comment

• Maverick
      (Coryellian)
      • Jun 2013
      • Point Loma
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      What if the Chargers stayed at 3 and drafted Kelly? Would the board go into total meltdown? He is our biggest need.
      At 3, or anything higher than 20, I'd be disappointed. That being said, I would love to be able to trade down for someone like Buckner & still be able to get Kelly later (either in 2nd, or by trading back up for a low-1st).

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I'd be more pissed that the Chargers would be the laughingstock of the league, than the 'improvement' at the position.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

There was one center (Bob Johnson, Bengals, one AFL all-star selection) drafted at #2 overall, back in 1968, but other than him, no center drafted earlier than #10 overall.

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            There was one center (Bob Johnson, Bengals, one AFL all-star selection) drafted at #2 overall, back in 1968, but other than him, no center drafted earlier than #10 overall.
            neither of the Pouncey Brothers went before #10?
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• KNSD
              Registered Charger Hater
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Amazing since we always hear how important the center position is.
              Prediction:
              Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
              Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
              Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                neither of the Pouncey Brothers went before #10?
                Maurkice - 2010 #18
                Mike - 2011 #15

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Well I was throwing a "what if" scenario, we all know Kelly won't be the pick at #3. We really need to find a way to get him though.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                    • Send PM

Well I was throwing a "what if" scenario, we all know Kelly won't be the pick at #3. We really need to find a way to get him though.
                    I guess I'm the minority of one but I think Westerman can play Center. I don't see the world collapsing if we don't get Kelly. I want Kelly too but there is a drop off after him. There are at least two other teams looking for Center who pick closer to where Kelly is projected. Call it gut instinct maybe but Westerman is the only interior o lineman projected in the first two days we've had in for a visit and We talked to him at Senior Bowl as well, where he had a pretty good week. The experiment with Watt at Center hasn't worked.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

I don't think it matters if we don't get Kelly. Nick Martin is pretty good. I think Kelly is a bit better, but not by that much.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

#1 this is a no brainer, as people said before.
                        #2 Fluker had a solid rookie year. Even had to fill in at LT a couple times. His 2nd year he was injured, and he kept going out there because of all the other injuries on the line. Last year he was also injured, and moved to a new position.

So yes, he needs to stay healthy...but I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water.
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                          #1 this is a no brainer, as people said before.
                          #2 Fluker had a solid rookie year. Even had to fill in at LT a couple times. His 2nd year he was injured, and he kept going out there because of all the other injuries on the line. Last year he was also injured, and moved to a new position.

So yes, he needs to stay healthy...but I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water.
                          Agreed. I've always been a Fluker Fan. The problem is though: if we take any OT in the 1st round, he has to play this year and he won't be beating out a healthy Dunlap, Barksdale or Franklin. That basically only leaves RG for playing time. I guess it's a Cadillac problem to have too much OL talent and we have had more than our share of injuries there last couple years so it might sort itself out through OTAs and camps....
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X