• SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Best era ever for QB's?

I believe so.
    I think the bar has been raised for future NFL QB's.

In no particular order.
    Herbert
    Burrow
    Allen
    Mahomes
    Hurts
    Jackson
    Rogers and a couple fringe QB's.
    Yes
    75.00%
    No
    25.00%
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Looking back I don't recall this many high caliber QB's in the league all at once. I guess I could be biased?

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

I think I agree, though all the best young QBs are in the AFC.

Comment

• Rugger05
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Yes this is the best QB play in a long time, but this is also a passing league now. I agree the AFC is stacked with great young QB's Herbert, Burrow, Allen, Mahomes, Lawrence etc. Who do the NFC have besides Hurts?

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

The Fouts, Marino, Elway and Montana era ?

Comment

• SuperCharged
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Utah
            • Midnight Toker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
            The Fouts, Marino, Elway and Montana era ?
            A close 2nd

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

It's way too early to say that. I also really don't see Lamar Jackson or Jalen Hurts in the elite class. I think DeShaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence are better than them.

The late 1980s had Joe Montana, Dan Marino, John Elway, Jim Kelly, and Warren Moon in their primes. Five Hall of Famers right there. Behind them were Bernie Kosar (people forget how good he was), Phil Simms, Randall Cunningham, and Boomer Esiason.

The 1990s had Brett Favre (three MVPs), Steve Young (two MVPs), and Troy Aikman in their primes, and Joe Montana, John Elway, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, and Warren Moon on the back end of their careers. Eight Hall of Famers right there. Another Hall of Famer, Kurt Warner, came in at the end of the decade (NFL MVP in 1999), as well as Drew Bledsoe, Steve McNair, and Mark Brunell.

At one point this century we had Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, and Drew Brees all in their primes. Behind them were Tony Romo, Donovan McNabb, Carson Palmer, Michael Vick, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, and Eli Manning, along with Brett Favre at the end of his career (his 2009 season with the Vikings was phenomenal).

Comment

• SuperCharged
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Utah
                • Midnight Toker
                • Send PM

Lamar and Hurts maybe a stretch. These players you listed are a really really big stretches.

Drew Bledsoe
                Steve McNair
                Mark Brunell
                Tony Romo
                Donovan McNabb
                Carson Palmer
                Michael Vick
                Joe Flacco
                Matt Ryan
                Eli Manning

I just think from a pure QB and athletic stand point Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Mahomes are at a whole new level for QBing. IMO of course.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                  FUdean
                  • Dec 2022
                  • Send PM

What era are you speaking of? That group you named probably has 10 years between them. And only one has been part of a SB team. And no Brady? Crown their asses!!!

Comment

• SuperCharged
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Utah
                    • Midnight Toker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post
                    What era are you speaking of? That group you named probably has 10 years between them. And only one has been part of a SB team. And no Brady? Crown their asses!!!
                    Those listed were in response to a previous post. I am talking the era right now. I think the top 5 or 10 QB's in the league right now have raised the bar for future QBing. 2000-2010 probably is very close when you put in Brees, Brady, Rothlisburger, Manning, Rivers, and so on.

I just think Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, and Herbert are probably the best QB's to be playing all at the same time. All young. All going to be around another decade or 2.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                      FUdean
                      • Dec 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Those listed were in response to a previous post. I am talking the era right now. I think the top 5 or 10 QB's in the league right now have raised the bar for future QBing. 2000-2010 probably is very close when you put in Brees, Brady, Rothlisburger, Manning, Rivers, and so on.

I just think Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, and Herbert are probably the best QB's to be playing all at the same time. All young. All going to be around another decade or 2.
                      Can’t argue with that list. I’d put Lawrence in there.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
                        Yes this is the best QB play in a long time, but this is also a passing league now. I agree the AFC is stacked with great young QB's Herbert, Burrow, Allen, Mahomes, Lawrence etc. Who do the NFC have besides Hurts?
                        That is young? I guess Kyler Murray, Justin Fields, Brock Purdy. Most of the good QBs in the NFC after Hurts are older guys like Dak Presscot, Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, Jarod Goff, Matthew Stafford. Maybe Geno Smith, but he'll have to prove that he isn't a one hit wonder.

Comment

Working...
                        X