“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

I still feel the highs of winning.
    the pain from losses are still worth it for me..
    Darius "4.36" Davis
    top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Why is this a question? Anybody who posts on this board enjoys Charger football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        JH3 and Me
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

I am heartened to see early returns are positive. Rock on, Bolt-Buddies!

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

I'm still trying to get the taste of poop out of my mouth after last season's ending shit sandwich!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

My wife who doesn’t care for sports at all often questions the logic behind sports and fandom. Sometimes I wonder myself but in the end it’s entertainment with a rooting interest. I know the Avengers are going to win in the end so there is no rooting interest but with sports I don’t know what’s going to happen next and I get to support a team every year. I get to enjoy the highs and the lows and that makes it fun. Idk if they won all the time it would make it less fun imho, but they could win a bit more for my liking.

For example I’m a padres fan and I enjoyed their season last year even though they fell short I was thoroughly entertained and some of the older teams that were full of prospects it was fun watching them and rooting for the kids to do well regardless of the outcome of the game.

It’s similar for me now with the Chargers, I look for them to provide me with entertainment that I can root for. Hopefully they win but if not as long as I felt the highs and lows I will enjoy it. I took my son to our first Charger game last year and I’ll remember that forever, I won’t remember their record or how well they did that year in 20 years but I’ll remember the experience me and my son had forever.

TLDR: Yes, I enjoy Chargers football lol
            Last edited by Budsman; 05-23-2023, 10:18 PM. Reason: Horrendous spelling

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              JH3 and Me
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
              My wife who doesn’t care for sports at all often questions the logic behind sports and fandom. Sometimes I wonder myself but in the end it’s entertainment with a rooting interest. I know the Avengers are going to win in the end so there is no rooting interest but with sports I don’t know what’s going to happen next and I get to support a team every year. I get to enjoy the highs and the lows and that makes it fun. Idk if they won all the time it would make it less fun imho, but they could win a bit more for my liking.

For example I’m a padres fan and I enjoyed their season last year even though they fell short I was thoroughly entertained and some of the older teams that were full of prospects it was fun watching them and rooting for the kids to do well regardless of the outcome of the game.

It’s similar for me now with the Chargers, I look for them to provide me with entertainment that I can root for. Hopefully they win but if not as long as I felt the highs and lows I will enjoy it. I took my son to our first Charger game last year and I’ll remember that forever, I won’t remember their record or how well they did that year in 20 years but I’ll remember the experience me and my son had forever.

TLDR: Yes, I enjoy Chargers football lol
              Didn’t one of the Avengers movies end with all of them losing and half of them getting killed?

you describe my perspective on sports consumption pretty closely. You seem pretty well balanced, good sir.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                JH3 and Me
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                I'm still trying to get the taste of poop out of my mouth after last season's ending shit sandwich!

Lol, that was sooooo last season. Onward!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

I think the Chargers are the all time most exciting team of all sports.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

I do but doesn’t enjoy the fact that no lead is safe with this team. Clock needs to be 00 before you can celebrate. Hopefully it changes this season with Moore stepping on other team’s throat even with the lead.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Ancient man depended on the stars and seasons to navigate their lives around their calendar year.
                      Now, we can simply use sports to know our position relative to the seasons and their unique responsibilities.
                      Pick your teams
                      NFL, MLB, NBA
                      every year becomes meaningful.
                      I don't trust many men who don't follow at least 1 of the big three.
                      They seem to be caught in a stagnant, groundhogs day-like life.
                      my best buddy from high school is that guy, but he's unique in that he lives out his passion of teaching and performing music.
                      Eccentric or hyper focused individuals get the pass, but regular joes like myself, need constant revolving competition, imho.
                      Darius "4.36" Davis
                      top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        Ancient man depended on the stars and seasons to navigate their lives around their calendar year.
                        Now, we can simply use sports to know our position relative to the seasons and their unique responsibilities.
                        Pick your teams
                        NFL, MLB, NBA
                        every year becomes meaningful.
                        I don't trust many men who don't follow at least 1 of the big three.
                        Ancient man jumped to reach bird eggs in trees which was like dunking a basketball. Then ran from sabertooth tigers at 21 mph to not be eaten. to signify the 40 yard dash. Cornered, said ancient man picks up a club and nails the saber tooth out of the tiger for a home run. Proudly pumps his chest, takes sabertooth tiger meat with him, uses stars to navigate home.

Comment

Working...
                        X