• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

OT: Browns

Time for what seems like my annual post about the poor Cleveland Browns fans. This offseason they fired their coach and GM again. They replaced everyone in the front office with Harvard grads who have little or no background in pro football. The team president is a young lawyer who has authority over all football decisions. The other two executives who are sort of splitting up GM duties are an analytics guy with no NFL background and a baseball guy with no NFL background. THey did hire Hue Jackson who I think is a good coach. But the results so far:

Browns have a lot of cap space and a lot of holes to fill.

Other team free agents signed: ZERO
    Own free agents retained: ZERO. So far they lost Alex Mack (probowl), Mitchell Schwartz - young, 4 year RT starter and good player, Travis Benjamin, Tashaun Gipson - young, talented former probowl safety with a serious injury in his past.
    They were supposed to release Johnny Manziel but now they are holding on to him in case someone wants to trade for him.
    They are counting on Josh Gordon coming back (he has been suspended for 27 of the last 32 games) and Gordon was recently seen with Manziel in Las Vegas. A great place for two young guys with drinking/drug problems to clear their heads.
    The owner is getting closer to getting indicted for scamming customers of his Pilot stations, although he keeps pleading ignorance and blaming his executive team.

The reason I read that the Browns are not signing anyone is that the front office is hesitant to make decisions and it is ticking players and agents off. Mack, Schwartz and Benjamin all wanted to stay in Cleveland. Not sure about Gipson.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    Time for what seems like my annual post about the poor Cleveland Browns fans. This offseason they fired their coach and GM again. They replaced everyone in the front office with Harvard grads who have little or no background in pro football. The team president is a young lawyer who has authority over all football decisions. The other two executives who are sort of splitting up GM duties are an analytics guy with no NFL background and a baseball guy with no NFL background. THey did hire Hue Jackson who I think is a good coach. But the results so far:

Browns have a lot of cap space and a lot of holes to fill.

Other team free agents signed: ZERO
    Own free agents retained: ZERO. So far they lost Alex Mack (probowl), Mitchell Schwartz - young, 4 year RT starter and good player, Travis Benjamin, Tashaun Gipson - young, talented former probowl safety with a serious injury in his past.
    They were supposed to release Johnny Manziel but now they are holding on to him in case someone wants to trade for him.
    They are counting on Josh Gordon coming back (he has been suspended for 27 of the last 32 games) and Gordon was recently seen with Manziel in Las Vegas. A great place for two young guys with drinking/drug problems to clear their heads.
    The owner is getting closer to getting indicted for scamming customers of his Pilot stations, although he keeps pleading ignorance and blaming his executive team.

The reason I read that the Browns are not signing anyone is that the front office is hesitant to make decisions and it is ticking players and agents off. Mack, Schwartz and Benjamin all wanted to stay in Cleveland. Not sure about Gipson.

TG
    Our theory that you can draft by using using google and other talent evaluator's reports is about to be tested.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Man, it's tough to be a Charger fan at times. Can't imagine how tough it is to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
        Fluent in Sarcasm
        • Jun 2013
        • Iowa
        • Man of the People
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Man, it's tough to be a Charger fan at times. Can't imagine how tough it is to be a Brown's fan.
        No matter how bad it gets at least we always have that.

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

I used to put the Raiders in this lowly level.....

I have a good friend that is a Brown fan.....tough seeing all his players just completely bomb out .....Gordon, Manzier....or others that just leave.....their team is in a shambles year after year. They had a good couple years where they were scrappy competitors but i dont see how they can continue by a lack of a real franchise QB and a turnstile coaching approach when they dont get to 8-8 every year.

Comment

Working...
          X