• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Addae Tendered

Chargers extended a second-round tender to restricted free agent S Jahleel Addae.
    The tender is worth $2.553 million and all but ensures Addae will be back in San Diego. Addae started 12 games last season, recording 64 tackles and a sack. He should open training camp as a starter.
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Good. We need him in the mix. Now, if he would just stop hitting people some damn hard all the time, he might be able to stay on the field!
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Solid signing, and I really doubt that anyone will match that contract. My concern is friendly fire and dumb-dumb hits... he gets other players hurt, as well as himself. The question is if Stuckey is the right answer at starting FS. I think Ramsey may still be worth the pick there or on the other side of Verrett.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Solid signing, and I really doubt that anyone will match that contract. My concern is friendly fire and dumb-dumb hits... he gets other players hurt, as well as himself. The question is if Stuckey is the right answer at starting FS. I think Ramsey may still be worth the pick there or on the other side of Verrett.
        Who's asking that question? I would be surprised if Telesco didn't go after a younger safety in FA (someone like Gipson) with the DL class so deep in this year.

Comment

• KNSD
          Registered Charger Hater
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Call me skeptical. Addae is injury prone and will likely be out multiple games next year.

Whether or not Stuckey is a an "answer", he's going to see playing time next year.
          Prediction:
          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

I don't get what anyone sees in Addae. He is not a good cover guy, he is always late to make a play and then just tries to launch himself to nail somebody (and his body is too frail to play like that) - including our own players in practice. But the coaches always seemed to like him.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              I don't get what anyone sees in Addae. He is not a good cover guy, he is always late to make a play and then just tries to launch himself to nail somebody (and his body is too frail to play like that) - including our own players in practice. But the coaches always seemed to like him.
              I agree.

And paying this guy $2.5M? Yikes.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Lol actually hope someone signs him to a tender and we can get a 2nd.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                  Lol actually hope someone signs him to a tender and we can get a 2nd.
                  We can only dream...

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    I like Addae. He plays hard. But he can't stay healthy, and he plays a position that I wouldn't rate one of the most important. Safety isn't quarterback, O'line, or defensive front seven. It's not even up there with cornerback.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                      Call me skeptical. Addae is injury prone and will likely be out multiple games next year.

Whether or not Stuckey is a an "answer", he's going to see playing time next year.
                      We probably signed Lowery because Addae is injury prone. I suspect we will still be trying add another S, although it may be through the draft.

I don't think Stuckey is an answer at S in the base D, but he might be for another passing down guy in the nickle/dime packages.

S is important because it is a position that controls the middle of the field. If we put all our best players on the edges, teams will just go away from them and can neutralize them. That is how every college team who played Ohio State handled Bosa, and it worked pretty well. But put the best players in the middle (RB, QB, C, DT, ILB, S) those players are potentially a factor on every play. You can't avoid them.
                      Last edited by Steve; 03-09-2016, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

We also have Adrian Philips at S on the roster.

Comment

Working...
                        X