How does Denver build a Super Bowl caliber defense in two years..

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

They aren't cheating. They don't need to. They are getting by mostly by having the salary cap go up each year.

They get players at a lower cap overall number because they pay more money up front. That is usually a losing strategy for teams, but until Denver misses on one of their FA (like we do), it doesn't hurt them. But we did the same thing with Rivers. He got a record amount of guaranteed money up front, but he is no where close to being a top QB in terms of dollars paid. That is how the game is played. He has a high value now, but in the next couple years, he will drop to the middle of the pack in terms of QB salaries, especially as more guys sign new deals.

But it is a clever argument, they did it once before, therefore they must still be doing it? But it doesn't exactly qualify as proof.

IF they are cheating, how come they don't have a better OL? They have a bunch of guys who can't even keep our DL and LB at bay? It's also not like they have enough cap space to keep most of the players they want to keep, let alone got out and get players to improve their weakness (OL). Even though they will lose Manning and free up several million , they have to sign Osweiler and Miller, and that is most of their cap space right there, let alone resign anyone new. Plus they have to leave about $4 million in reserve for their own rookies.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      They aren't cheating. They don't need to. They are getting by mostly by having the salary cap go up each year.

They get players at a lower cap overall number because they pay more money up front. That is usually a losing strategy for teams, but until Denver misses on one of their FA (like we do), it doesn't hurt them. But we did the same thing with Rivers. He got a record amount of guaranteed money up front, but he is no where close to being a top QB in terms of dollars paid. That is how the game is played. He has a high value now, but in the next couple years, he will drop to the middle of the pack in terms of QB salaries, especially as more guys sign new deals.

But it is a clever argument, they did it once before, therefore they must still be doing it? But it doesn't exactly qualify as proof.

IF they are cheating, how come they don't have a better OL? They have a bunch of guys who can't even keep our DL and LB at bay? It's also not like they have enough cap space to keep most of the players they want to keep, let alone got out and get players to improve their weakness (OL). Even though they will lose Manning and free up several million , they have to sign Osweiler and Miller, and that is most of their cap space right there, let alone resign anyone new. Plus they have to leave about $4 million in reserve for their own rookies.
      Twice before - that we know about. Go on believing they are legit, though. Not my barnyard, not my donkeys.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

I would like to see something a little more concrete before I accuse them of cheating.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          I would like to see something a little more concrete before I accuse them of cheating.
          I need to see something more concrete before I believe they aren't cheating. Cheaters are cheaters. They don't change until somebody knocks a mother fucker out. The penalties the Bowlens got the last two times they cheated weren't enough. Win 2 Super Bowls, lose a couple draft picks, and get fined? Sounds like a sweet deal - no reason for the Donkeys to quit their cheating ways.

Comment

Working...
          X