• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If Ekeler may hold out they have no choice but to trade him. HE asked permission for a trade, not the team or the forum (likely his agent).
    I'd like to keep him but obviously we aren't resigning him and he thinks he deserves more, and he does but we don't know his terms here and they do.

So if we can get a pick on a trade, why not?

And sorry but I don't think restructuring Bosa was that smart. 38 mil cap next year so he may not be here next season. I'd rather get something for losing a player than getting nothing. For me it was either leave it alone or trade him.

I'm sure they will cut Fieler eventually but looks like they are waiting after June 1st and what happens in FAcy and the draft. Not unusual for teams to do and likely they are letting Dicker and Hopkins battle it out in TC.
    Well some believe Eck was the problem on our offense last year. They should have their head examined. If he insists we would have no choice but to trade him. But
    to say he was a problem is outright stupid.

The Chargers decided to go all in for 2023. Trading away Bosa, releasing Mack and Allen would mean a down year because you're not going to replace all
    three of those guys and be competitive. It is what it is. We just hope we are the Rams and win a ring before a complete revamp in 2024.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Well some believe Eck was the problem on our offense last year. They should have their head examined. If he insists we would have no choice but to trade him. But
      to say he was a problem is outright stupid.

The Chargers decided to go all in for 2023. Trading away Bosa, releasing Mack and Allen would mean a down year because you're not going to replace all
      three of those guys and be competitive. It is what it is. We just hope we are the Rams and win a ring before a complete revamp in 2024.
      I have never said Eck was the problem with the offense. I have said, and others too, that the way the offense was, would not be good to continue in 2023 with Ekeler getting that many touches.

Justin Herbert needs an offense, and players on that offense, that maximize his skillset. This is not Brock Purdy dumping the ball to CMC or Deebo and have them make a player. The Chargers need to get vertical.

If the reports are true about JJ3 - the Chargers can essentially trade Ekeler for JJ3 and a draft pick That seems like a fair trade

EDIT: Shefter just tweeted the Chargers have given Ekeler permission to seek a trade. I actually do appreciate Ekeleer - but I am good with this as well

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Wow...permission granted by Chargers...that was fast...
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Eurobolt
          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

I just hope trade will be completed soon so we can plan accordingly.

Is 3rd an possible here?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
            I just hope trade will be completed soon so we can plan accordingly.

Is 3rd an possible here?
            Now A-A-Ron wants the Jets to sign Odell Beckham too

If i am Telesco - I am asking about Ekeler for Moore. Rodgers would want the veteran I would think

(and no, do not want COrey Davis for Ekeler)

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I have never said Eck was the problem with the offense. I have said, and others too, that the way the offense was, would not be good to continue in 2023 with Ekeler getting that many touches.

Justin Herbert needs an offense, and players on that offense, that maximize his skillset. This is not Brock Purdy dumping the ball to CMC or Deebo and have them make a player. The Chargers need to get vertical.

If the reports are true about JJ3 - the Chargers can essentially trade Ekeler for JJ3 and a draft pick That seems like a fair trade

EDIT: Shefter just tweeted the Chargers have given Ekeler permission to seek a trade. I actually do appreciate Ekeleer - but I am good with this as well
              Who is JJ? The safety? Who is going to run the football once Eck gets traded? We just created another hole that will need to be filled in the draft or FA.
              You think we're going to get an Eck replacement in FA? I mean we could if we paid someone like $10M/year. Could we have perhaps re-signed or restructured
              Eck?

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Who is JJ? The safety? Who is going to run the football once Eck gets traded? We just created another hole that will need to be filled in the draft or FA.
                You think we're going to get an Eck replacement in FA? I mean we could if we paid someone like $10M/year. Could we have perhaps re-signed or restructured
                Eck?
                We haven't traded him yet, we don't know what we'd get for him, FA hasn't started yet and we still have the draft. The team isn't going to make a deal without taking everything into consideration, especially in a push year. We also don't know what he is asking for.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Why trade for JJ3 when he is going to be released?
                  Then get something for trading Ekeler.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

2nd round pick would work for me. Some decent RB is very likely to be there.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We haven't traded him yet, we don't know what we'd get for him, FA hasn't started yet and we still have the draft. The team isn't going to make a deal without taking everything into consideration, especially in a push year. We also don't know what he is asking for.
                      He requested a trade and the Chargers granted it. He's as good as gone. So now the question begs answering who replaces him? FA or draft are the choices.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

He requested a trade and the Chargers granted it. He's as good as gone. So now the question begs answering who replaces him? FA or draft are the choices.
                        The Chargers didn't grant it, they granted him permission to try and work out a trade with someone. They won't give him away nor allow him to go somewhere where it will hurt their playoff chances so look for him to go to the NFC - my guess anyway.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Maybe the team is really high on Spiller???

Comment

Working...
                          X