• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

21, we will see if Kellen Moore can manage the clock, with a balanced attack.
    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
      Not sure if this is true or not but it might make his comment about worst case scenario seem a little more understandable.
      Agreed - but being a long haired Matt Ryan isn't bad

Matty Ice was a good QB for a long time

But if true, just adds to the offseason of Ekl doing a lot of talking. Reading his stats.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Agreed - but being a long haired Matt Ryan isn't bad

Matty Ice was a good QB for a long time

But if true, just adds to the offseason of Ekl doing a lot of talking. Reading his stats.
        As I posted a bit earlier - that site is a satire site and he did not really say that.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

I always hated that nicname Matty ice.
          I always thought he was overrated.
          He was a pretty good quarterback. But imo a step below Rivers

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

As I posted a bit earlier - that site is a satire site and he did not really say that.
            Oh I missed that - my bad

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Gotten a little tangented away from the topic, haven’t we? That’s to be expected as we’ve expressed our opinions after 111 pages. Contracts and obligations aside, I still consider a player’s point of view on this one. RB’s take a lot of pounding to the body and, no doubt, to the brain as well. Contract obligation or not, if I were to take another year of taking that bodidly punishment, I too would want to test the waters to the degree to be paid for what my body is going to be in for. Then again, RB’s are more a young man’s profession without accumulated hits. Ekeler made the right decision to ask for more despite his contractual obligations. I personally would advise him to retire if I had his ear.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                Gotten a little tangented away from the topic, haven’t we? That’s to be expected as we’ve expressed our opinions after 111 pages. Contracts and obligations aside, I still consider a player’s point of view on this one. RB’s take a lot of pounding to the body and, no doubt, to the brain as well. Contract obligation or not, if I were to take another year of taking that bodidly punishment, I too would want to test the waters to the degree to be paid for what my body is going to be in for. Then again, RB’s are more a young man’s profession without accumulated hits. Ekeler made the right decision to ask for more despite his contractual obligations. I personally would advise him to retire if I had his ear.
                I agree, asking for more money behind closed doors is reasonable. I could even see his agent asking to look for a trade but 3 different opportunities to air his grievances in public is getting old.

Also, you’re making 6 million to play football for one year, it’s not like they’re asking him to do a tour in Falluja like many other people his age did for less than 6 million. I think he’s going to be ooooookay.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You sure complain a lot when nothing as of yet has happened. I call that over reacting.

If Ekeler holds out, you may have a valid point. Said he won't, so til he does,....WTF man, chill out!

Can't bet on yourself if you hold out.

Whether he is here or not they should draft a RB.
                  Lol, I think plenty has happened. Did you miss the three whine feasts he dropped to the public? I mean there are other players who are asking for trades, I haven’t heard them going out to the public complaining about it. Hopkins for example, sure he’s getting paid more but he wants out, he hasn’t gone to the public to tell everyone about his problems, he’s handling it like a professional.

If Ekeler handled this like a professional I would agree nothing to worry about, but he’s clearly unhappy with his situation and he’s letting everyone know about it over and over and over again. Not a good sign and even you have to admit that’s not “nothing”.

Betting on yourself to not take more beating as a running back and to bank on your best back to back years is betting on yourself. If he can force the Chargers to cut him he can probably find a team to sign him to a 2-3 year deal worth more than what he’s making now.

I do agree let’s draft a back so we do agree on somethings here!

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I dunno, if he wasn’t a Charger I’d offer him, hmm, like $4-5mil on a one year contract, maybe? Something like that. Of course I’d be a team with a RB1 in place, looking for a complimentary player and hoping to make a playoff run. If I had cap space..

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      I dunno, if he wasn’t a Charger I’d offer him, hmm, like $4-5mil on a one year contract, maybe? Something like that. Of course I’d be a team with a RB1 in place, looking for a complimentary player and hoping to make a playoff run. If I had cap space..
                      You’re right, in a way. Ekeler may have to settle for the salary he’s seeking, for a year. Either that, or less than top dollar, but a 2 or 3 year deal. It’s gonna happen one way or another. I feel no letdown by him.

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Not to worry. Herbert gets a record setting contract. Spanos’: “There ya go! (earn it with our provided RB stable. K?”).

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          21, we will see if Kellen Moore can manage the clock, with a balanced attack.
                          In Moore I trust.
                          can't wait to see it.
                          Darius "4.36" Davis
                          top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

Working...
                          X