• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Its pretty obvious Telesco and Staley have warm fannies so this is their decision - push some chips in. IF it works, they can figure out the cap next year. If it doesn't -- new GM will come in and clean house.

I truly hope its the former. Just because I disagree with it , I actually want it to work and hope Telesco and Staley are lifting the Lombardi - at worst the AFC trophy
    Agreed. I want this to work also. I'd rather the team win. Not too interested in cutting off my nose to spite my face . . . . . I'll be overjoyed to be wrong. There's so many issues with all 4 of these guys though - it's definitely a significant risk. They've moved from 'dipping their toes' into cap hell to wading in waist deep. Hopefully as mentioned above there's a plan as to how to get out before they're up to their necks (and drowning).

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Its pretty obvious Telesco and Staley have warm fannies so this is their decision - push some chips in. IF it works, they can figure out the cap next year. If it doesn't -- new GM will come in and clean house.

I truly hope its the former. Just because I disagree with it , I actually want it to work and hope Telesco and Staley are lifting the Lombardi - at worst the AFC trophy
      Yep...both TT and Staley are in the hot seat for sure...if the Bolts don't go deep into the playoffs this year...if the Bolts are one and done again this year...I think Deano and Baby Spanos clean house...again...as for our future HC, there's ahem, potentially Moore to THAT story...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Agreed. I want this to work also. I'd rather the team win. Not too interested in cutting off my nose to spite my face . . . . . I'll be overjoyed to be wrong. There's so many issues with all 4 of these guys though - it's definitely a significant risk. They've moved from 'dipping their toes' into cap hell to wading in waist deep. Hopefully as mentioned above there's a plan as to how to get out before they're up to their necks (and drowning).
        I agree. I want it to work. But Telesco's track record speaks for itself
        . But can only hope for decent health - and just a nice solid draft of players - maybe with lower ceilings but ready to compete and play

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I agree. I want it to work. But Telesco's track record speaks for itself
          . But can only hope for decent health - and just a nice solid draft of players - maybe with lower ceilings but ready to compete and play
          What track record are you referring to? The one where he keeps top stars on a restructured contract to clear cap space? I don't recall much of that.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
            FUdean
            • Dec 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

What track record are you referring to? The one where he keeps top stars on a restructured contract to clear cap space? I don't recall much of that.
            Which “top stars” are you referring to? Bozo is a head case. Mack is over-the-hill and the other two guys they restructured can’t stay heathy.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post

Which “top stars” are you referring to? Bozo is a head case. Mack is over-the-hill and the other two guys they restructured can’t stay heathy.
              Agree that Bonehead Bosa is a headcase, but I think at least Mack has some gas left in the tank...Khalil is an asset...Bozo is a part-time asset and an occasional liability with his silly penalties that contribute to us losing games...

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...both TT and Staley are in the hot seat for sure...if the Bolts don't go deep into the playoffs this year...if the Bolts are one and done again this year...I think Deano and Baby Spanos clean house...again...as for our future HC, there's ahem, potentially Moore to THAT story...
                One things for sure...they love to chat about clothes...

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 6.32.17 PM.png

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Reminds me of "Twins Day" at junior high school...best buddies dress up alike...well, now TT and Staley have dual hot seats to match their outfits...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

P.S.: Both TT and Staley have, ahem, a VESTED interest in the Bolts having a successful season...

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Reminds me of "Twins Day" at junior high school...best buddies dress up alike...well, now TT and Staley have dual hot seats to match their outfits...
                      I think John Spanos was wearing this style first though. lol

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Look like Flunkies from the Storm Trooper academy! put on the white shirt underneath and fly the Millennium Falcon

hansolo2.jpg?auto=webp&fit=crop&height=675&width=1200.jpg
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post

The ones with 16 combined Pro Bowls.
                          OLineCentric

Comment

Working...
                          X