• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AL9000
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2022
    • San Diego, CA
    • Send PM

Allen is way too important to Herbert to cut. Maybe next year but I'd bet he's here the next 2 seasons.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post
      Allen is way too important to Herbert to cut. Maybe next year but I'd bet he's here the next 2 seasons.
      I think that is overrated because the other options at times last year just were not that good - meaning Palmer is fine, Carter has his moments but Bandy and Moore are just not that good. The TE on the roster were average. So of course Allen got a lot of looks and opportunities

and its not like Allen coming back got the team more points in the second half

I get he is staying - so thats what it is. But I am sure Herbert could adapt to new WRs.

Telesco and Staley overrating what Williams, Allen and Palmer truly bring to the field would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

Comment

• AL9000
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2022
        • San Diego, CA
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think that is overrated because the other options at times last year just were not that good - meaning Palmer is fine, Carter has his moments but Bandy and Moore are just not that good. The TE on the roster were average. So of course Allen got a lot of looks and opportunities

and its not like Allen coming back got the team more points in the second half

I get he is staying - so thats what it is. But I am sure Herbert could adapt to new WRs.

Telesco and Staley overrating what Williams, Allen and Palmer truly bring to the field would be a huge mistake in my opinion.
        I suppose we'll have to wait and see what Kellen Moore can do this year, but to this point Keenan has been so important to us on 3rd downs which we needed badly under Lombardi. I may alter my stance on this once I see what we do with Moore this season. I definitely agree with you that the team has overrated Palmer and what he could be and to a lesser extent Williams.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Overrated, or misused?

I want to see what Moore does with them, cuz Lombardi used them poorly IMO.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            Overrated, or misused?

Moore will do more with the same players. KA & MW are very good at what they do. KM will use them in a larger scheme

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              Overrated, or misused?

Thats fair as Lombardi was not a very good OC -

Chargers lead the league in third down plays. That is not a good stat to lead the league in. At worst top 3.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

So it looks like the Chargers pushed almost 9m of cap on Allen and about 5.5m of cap on Williams

So next year Allen was going to have a salary of like 22m with 2.7 dead
                Now if released - he will have 11m of dead cap space

And his cap number will be $34m next - almost surely to be released - makes no sense to push cap for Allen
                zero sense

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

So it looks like the Chargers pushed almost 9m of cap on Allen and about 5.5m of cap on Williams

So next year Allen was going to have a salary of like 22m with 2.7 dead
                  Now if released - he will have 11m of dead cap space

This tells me that Telesco and Staley do not care about the long term of the team and jsut worried about 2024
                  Dave Gettleman Telesco
                  It's just the beginning. Clearly they aren't done and they have a plan. I just don't think it means they are getting rid of Keenan like you think they should. They may extend him a couple years next off-season depending on how things go.

Still have Bosa to do something with. We'll see which direction they go.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    It's just the beginning. Clearly they aren't done and they have a plan. I just don't think it means they are getting rid of Keenan like you think they should. They may extend him a couple years next off-season depending on how things go.

Still have Bosa to do something with. We'll see which direction they go.
                    Thats fair -- good point
                    have to see what they do with Bosa --
                    I saw some rumor - I am sure it was just pure speculation but "Bosa Brothers in SF"

But I think it would be unwise to do the same with Bosa or Mack's contract next week - trading Bosa now makes a lot more sense.

Comment

• johnnywyoming
                      Eeyore is Joey's #1 fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Oregon
                      • Retirement
                      • Send PM

Allen restructured....

https://www.nfl.com/news/chargers-restructure-wr-keenan-allen-s-deal-to-clear-8-9m-in-cap-space-keep-vete
                      Thank God for morons. Without them who would the rest of us have to blame things on?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/johnnywyoming/

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

They also restructued MW, to save another 5 mil...
                        Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Thats fair -- good point
                          have to see what they do with Bosa --
                          I saw some rumor - I am sure it was just pure speculation but "Bosa Brothers in SF"

But I think it would be unwise to do the same with Bosa or Mack's contract next week - trading Bosa now makes a lot more sense.
                          I've seen that too. I think some reporter asked him about them playing together but I'm guessing.
                          I mentioned trading him months ago but I'm kinda torn since he had his groin fixed.. but if we can get 2 good picks for him, especially one being a first rounder, I think id do it and use one of them to draft an edge.

He misses games every year.

Comment

Working...
                          X