• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Those who want to trade Bosa for even paying attention to an idiot... I hope you never hear the stories of what Fouts was like off the field when he was playing. Or Winslow. Or probably a bunch of other really great, legendary Charger players.

Bosa needs to grow up and realize he is a target and act like a superstar off the field. But what he did there is not a big deal.

One of my favorite hazings by opposing fans is when OSU was playing Northwestern years ago and NW fans were telling us their per capita income was higher than ours.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      Those who want to trade Bosa for even paying attention to an idiot... I hope you never hear the stories of what Fouts was like off the field when he was playing. Or Winslow. Or probably a bunch of other really great, legendary Charger players.

Bosa needs to grow up and realize he is a target and act like a superstar off the field. But what he did there is not a big deal.

One of my favorite hazings by opposing fans is when OSU was playing Northwestern years ago and NW fans were telling us their per capita income was higher than ours.

TG
      Yeah but what Fouts or Winslow did are stories, not live forever cell phone video........ A lot has changed since the early 80's.......

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

You are right.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Yeah but what Fouts or Winslow did are stories, not live forever cell phone video........ A lot has changed since the early 80's.......
          I wish I had a cell phone back then! I saw Fouts, his first wife and some friends in a restaurant the night before the Chargers Bills playoff game in 1981 and he was drunk off his ass. I mean hammered! Would have been a great picture! We beat the Bills so I guess he could play with a hangover pretty well.

Agree that today is vastly different - you can say anything to anyone without it being captured.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
            I don't care about what he does off the field. My concern is that he's not giving the team what's it's paying for on it, either in production or leadership . . . . If he was making 4 or 5 mil a year I'd have no complaints.

His contract (and a few others) are limiting our ability to improve the squad, which would be OK if he was a game wrecker, but . . . . . . he's not.

Comment

• Berserker76
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I don't care about what he does off the field. My concern is that he's not giving the team what's it's paying for on it, either in production or leadership . . . . If he was making 4 or 5 mil a year I'd have no complaints.

His contract (and a few others) are limiting our ability to improve the squad, which would be OK if he was a game wrecker, but . . . . . . he's not.
              It's hard to argue with this.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

He is due 24m of salary this season

Again, I think they probably rework his contract to move money around - but they might listen for him as well. Somebody mentioned the Colts traded a FRP for Buckner. The Chargers should listen for sure

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He is due 24m of salary this season

Again, I think they probably rework his contract to move money around - but they might listen for him as well. Somebody mentioned the Colts traded a FRP for Buckner. The Chargers should listen for sure
                  Does 'rework' mean extension? Converting salary to bonus for cap savings purposes? If I were ownership I'd need to look long and hard before I invested more time and money into Joey - might be better to just bite the bullet and let his contract play out or cut him when it's not to much dead money, before JH's cap hit comes on line.

I know there's a significant age difference but I'd be more inclined to reward Mack and/or Allen (within reason) than Bosa.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Does 'rework' mean extension? Converting salary to bonus for cap savings purposes? If I were ownership I'd need to look long and hard before I invested more time and money into Joey - might be better to just bite the bullet and let his contract play out or cut him when it's not to much dead money, before JH's cap hit comes on line.

I know there's a significant age difference but I'd be more inclined to reward Mack and/or Allen (within reason) than Bosa.
                    Well if you convert money to a signing bonus for Bosa - that helps this year but pushes money next year. Next year, there is an out of only $7m dead
                    My guess - they will be listening on both Bosa and Allen - as they should. Bosa is guaranteed the money so that would be a trade. I doubt they trade Bosa but they should listen

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Well if you convert money to a signing bonus for Bosa - that helps this year but pushes money next year. Next year, there is an out of only $7m dead
                      My guess - they will be listening on both Bosa and Allen - as they should. Bosa is guaranteed the money so that would be a trade. I doubt they trade Bosa but they should listen
                      Hmmmm . . . . gonna be a very interesting offseason!

Comment

• northerner
                        Charger fan since '79
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

i like that he was representing 49er gear in support of his brother. he should have known not engage with Philly fans, but fuck it, he was there to enjoy himself.

i had a bigger issue with his "I was playing on one leg" comment in his locker room exit interview.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

I'd keep Van Noy and trade Bosa, and it has nothing to do with this incident. Van Noy is more versatile in every way and rushed the passer just as effectively the 2nd half of the season. It's buyer beware on both Bosa brothers from an injury perspective, and that's only gonna get worse with age. I'd be surprised if Bosa ever plays a full season from here on out, he doesn't really care about the team & he's admitted as much, & he's not a team leader guys rally around.

Comment

Working...
                          X