• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Also a lot of clowns who can’t play in this league, like with every front office type.
    Bowers round one.
    JaTavion round two.
    Herbert bootleg.
    Super Bowl.
    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Ontario , Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Ravens GM Eric De Costa (assistant Hortiz) does a great job of trading down (sometimes up) and all around to find value in every round.
      very jealous of their drafts.
      They draft a bunch of bullies, we need more of that.
      Yes hope it is Hortiz and they really know what they are doing in drafting, esp on D. Their team is loaded w #1 picks, their own or FA. Most of their WR Flowers Beckham and Aghlolor, QB , 3 OL . Both starting LBs Patrick Queen and Roquan Smith, Odafe Oweh, Clowney, Marlon Humphrey, Kyle Smith

In the 2020 draft in the 1st Telesco traded up to get Kenneth Murray who is avg at best and 2 picks later BAL snagged Patrick Queen.

Comment

• northerner
        Charger fan since '79
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

pretty sure any team that trades for any of the aforementioned is able to rework their contract, if said player is amenable.

somebody is gonna commit some monies to Bosa, question is what's his value/going rate ?? I'd say around $17m/year is about right ??

and Mack needs to be restructured, but am sure any incoming coach would want to retain him.... maybe @about the same $17m/year or so ??

and re: MW.... just like Connor Williams, he is even more attractive to me given our cap woes, and would be even more inclined to sign him post ACL, as in theory that would save us some monies, and still give us a starting NFL center, even if we have to wait a couple few games into the regular season. nothing preventing us from drafting an OC and bringing Jamaree up to speed @the OC, in order that we can compete some before (Connor) Williams is ready to step in for us.

really don't think we're as far off/much of a mess as some here make us out to be.... Herbert, Slater, Keenan, Mack and a draft pick or coupla few.... we're gonna win some games (w/Harbaugh

not sure Guyton is gonna be brought back, albeit otherwise, couldn't agree w/you more.... plenty to work with the group of Keenan, Palmer, QJ 'n Derrius, along w/Everett & Parham.... have seen (much) worse.

and like the idea of a possession receiver that can get open (key word there), as we have some speed w/the TCU guys, and KA & JP can work the middle/intermediate parts of the field/pattern.... we need a gnat/thorn in the side of the opposing defense.... someone that just gets open and catches the ball.

and agree re: the draft.... would be nice to get Harrison, and there will be a receiver on board when we pick round one, albeit don't think we're gonna be top five, and end up more top ten, which prolly takes Harrison and Odunze off the board, and prolly Bowers as well ??

think both (left) tackles are gonna be goners as well, and just don't see the value @RT for the top ten ??

and some peoples like McKinstry, but agree again that the better value and talent is on the Dline this go 'round.

it's the age old Chargers' conundrum.... go for the receiver that is Chargers' football, or buckle down and get the Dlineman that has been the one and only glimpse @the SB.

Marvin or Brock would be nice, Alt or Fashanu is a nice thought as well, and.... still really think it comes down to Laiatu or Jer'Zhan Newton.... not sure either of 'em are all world, and.... both would be really, really helpful, and most helpful in getting us toward the promised land.... the proverbial shot @a Lombardi.... defense (and 'specially/specifically pass rush) still wins.
        thanks for the info. i think we can make this work, but we definitely need the right GM / HC combination (working together) to make it happen.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Coaches have been reaching out to him?
          The only ones doing the reaching with Ekkie is the defensive players reaching for, and stripping the rock from him...

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Go vote for Dicker the kicker!

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

True. So the idea of one position in R1 is too limiting. I see people that want Bowers or Nabers. And I like Bowers. But if I can trade back, get another 3rd and get a solid player at 10 plus a pick, I think that makes sense
              Hell, why not trade down twice?
              Especially with some of these interior OL available in the middle of the first that can step in and start day 1.
              Darius "4.36" Davis
              top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

possession guys are a dime a dozen..... Guyton has no blazing speed anymore after his injury..... and he is getting older..... Chargers need to add a couple of speed burners middle of draft and in FA.....
                if we are at pick 5 or so, we need to stay their and take an elite player at OT, DT/DE, CB, WR(Harrison), or Bowers the generational TE......Herbert needs dependable fast targets to take advantage of his arm......
                Hoping at least 3 QB's are taken above us...

its up to the experts to rank those players at the top correctly, but at least one elite player will be available at our pick.....

Chargers will er getting rid of Bosa, MW, and maybe Mack and others due to age and $$$$ reasons.....and our C will likely be retired for health reasons....

This will be a very new team next year....... most of the new players will need to be young, healthy and fast.....
                Guyton is 26.
                5 years younger than Keenan and many here said Keenan was getting too old and a reason we needed to release him this year. Needless to say he is having a career year.

Some guys heal faster than others. Perhaps Guyton needs a year plus.

That said im ok with upgrading him.

Telesco is gone, we very well could get very different WRs than we are used to.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

True. So the idea of one position in R1 is too limiting. I see people that want Bowers or Nabers. And I like Bowers. But if I can trade back, get another 3rd and get a solid player at 10 plus a pick, I think that makes sense
                  It only makes sense of Bowers is gone. Assuming Keenan is still here, I don't think WR is a big need. We can get a WR later but TE,....I think beach is the only one that wants to retain Everett and even if we do, it has to be at max, half price from this year.
                  Which means he likely walks

This TE class is not that great. Compared to last year it's weak.

If we can get Bowers, I think that's an easy pick to trading down. If not, I'm down but today we don't know who are our coaches sre, scheme being ran and who is here and who isn't.

We also may get extra picks for Bosa and MW, maybe a player thrown in.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Bolts just can't seem to get much of ANYTHING right these days:

image.png

Los Angeles Chargers Home: The official source of the latest Chargers headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, gameday information and more.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The only ones doing the reaching with Ekkie is the defensive players reaching for, and stripping the rock from him...
                      Do they want his guitar too? Or his workout items?

Comment

• AFboltfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2018
                        • Balboa Park bench
                        • Medical Simulation
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Bowers round one.
                        JaTavion round two.
                        Herbert bootleg.
                        Super Bowl.
                        Unless they fix the secondary we're not sniffing the Superbowl.

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          Go vote for Dicker the kicker!

I just watched this on my google feed. HILARIOUS! Well the chargers do have a winning social media team. Cameron pulled that off awesomely!

Comment

Working...
                          X