• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Alex Spanos left the football stuff up to his GM’s and therefore the HC’s. His sons only hire GM’s that they can have input with. It’s a job requirement. No doubt every major GM decision gets run by these wanna be “football men.” The Spanos’ are keeping this team at a mediocre level, despite having landed their latest SB caliber QB. There are plenty of wanna be GM’s who are OK with the Spanos’ job requirements.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The next 3-4 games will be of critical importance. If we win just one of those 3-4, I say fire Staley and let's at least get a look at what Moore can do as a HC...
      Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The next 3-4 games will be of critical importance. If we win just one of those 3-4, I say fire Staley and let's at least get a look at what Moore can do as a HC...
      I haven't noticed anything that makes me think Moore will be a decent HC. I'd rather they try the Special Teams coach. He has improved his part of the team. I don't think our offense has shown much improvement under Moore.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Not exactly thrilled with any of our assistant coaches right now..

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Yeah.We're not in a bad spot but haven't played a complete game yet. My perspective is play 2023 and make judgement calls based on the season.

Comment

• Berserker76
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            While we're on the subject, would rather give Bisaccia a chance. He's a coordinator at Green Bay right now. The guy has a lot of charisma and football smarts. Biggest factor is Spanos can probably get him for cheap (provided they don't wait until the end of the year to pull the trigger).

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

While we're on the subject, would rather give Bisaccia a chance. He's a coordinator at Green Bay right now. The guy has a lot of charisma and football smarts. Biggest factor is Spanos can probably get him for cheap (provided they don't wait until the end of the year to pull the trigger).
              A name that’s been floating around for a while, yes.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                I haven't noticed anything that makes me think Moore will be a decent HC. I'd rather they try the Special Teams coach. He has improved his part of the team. I don't think our offense has shown much improvement under Moore.
                The offense has improved in just about every single area under Moore. We are scoring more, running better, passing better, are more efficient in the red zone.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The offense has improved in just about every single area under Moore. We are scoring more, running better, passing better, are more efficient in the red zone.
                  Not a great comparison. In the first four games last year Herbert got hurt and we scored only 10 points as a result against Jac. The other 3 games 24, 24 and
                  34, with Slater out I may add. So in as far as scoring in the first 4 games very comparable.

A more balanced but still not fair comparison (because of all the injuries last year) should be made at the end of the season.

So doesn't look like much has changed. We had trouble scoring in the 2nd half last year, ditto this year. We had trouble running the football last year.
                  Thus far with the exception of the Miami game our run game has failed us when needed. Granted Ekeler is out. But last year our O line was a work
                  in progress.

There have been a couple of surprise plays by Moore. Other than that not much to brag about. Miami gave us the run game. Minny gave us the
                  passing game. Those were the two games where we scored over our average of 27ppg. The other two 24 against a better Titans D, and a Raiders
                  team we should have stomped.

It's way too early to tell. But with Dallas and KC coming up we should have more data points after those games. 'Thus far not much difference, given
                  the circumstances.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

That was the Raiders biggest mistake IMO. Bisaccia helped pull that Raider team through the mud and out of the other side. That year after the Ruggs, Arnette and Gruden debacle along with Madden passing away. Those players loved playing for Bisaccia. I would be all for Bisaccia getting a shot.

On another note, you see people of Chargers should trade for this WR, that WR. A player that fits the MW mold and had a decent year with a decent QB in Carr last year. Mack Hollins is a player I would inquire about. He would be cheap and has shown he can play when he has a competent QB.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

This is why I used to not come on the forums much in the regular season....2-2, and the most exciting topic for some people is who is gonna be our next HC...I guess I just can't comprehend the defeatist mentality...it is beyond me. I guess people cope with a lack of perfection in different ways. We could be 2-4 after the KC game, and I still won't give up on the Staley Chargers...he gets the season. A ton of you gave up after the SF game last year...you know who you are...and then we took out favored Titans and Fins, to start our roll to the playoffs...yea, we dicked it up, but playoffs for a first time head coach in his second year is pretty decent...not greatness, but well above average.

But in this league anymore, 3 years is about all you get as a HC to show what you got...so i have to accept it...Staley needs to get it done...no more excuses...but I would much rather discuss what he needs to do, or not do, then start dreaming about the next coach, like the show is already over. Honestly baffled here...
                      Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                        This is why I used to not come on the forums much in the regular season....2-2, and the most exciting topic for some people is who is gonna be our next HC...I guess I just can't comprehend the defeatist mentality...it is beyond me. I guess people cope with a lack of perfection in different ways. We could be 2-4 after the KC game, and I still won't give up on the Staley Chargers...he gets the season. A ton of you gave up after the SF game last year...you know who you are...and then we took out favored Titans and Fins, to start our roll to the playoffs...yea, we dicked it up, but playoffs for a first time head coach in his second year is pretty decent...not greatness, but well above average.

But in this league anymore, 3 years is about all you get as a HC to show what you got...so i have to accept it...Staley needs to get it done...no more excuses...but I would much rather discuss what he needs to do, or not do, then start dreaming about the next coach, like the show is already over. Honestly baffled here...
                        Well you may have missed it but McCoy made the POs in his first season. Lynn made it in his 2nd season. So Staley not all that different. I agree with sticking with Staley, at
                        least until the season is over UNLESS the team tanks and is eliminated from the POs sooner rather than later.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Well you may have missed it but McCoy made the POs in his first season. Lynn made it in his 2nd season. So Staley not all that different. I agree with sticking with Staley, at
                          least until the season is over UNLESS the team tanks and is eliminated from the POs sooner rather than later.
                          True....but they inherited some damn fine vets, including Rivers, who was basically a coach on the field...love Herbie, but he isn't there yet in that aspect of his game...I was mostly referring to a great many other first time HC hires across the league, in past years...lol, but maybe I should have done some more research...but my impression is there are a lot more failures than successes...
                          Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X