• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

please enlighten me as to what these developments are, either I've completely lost touch with my life long football experience/knowledge or I'm simply not capable of selling myself on what you have convinced yourself of...

My only hope is that this Spanos nightmare ends before yet another top notch QB wastes away under their ownership...
    Wu always sees things developing, it’s his thing.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

please enlighten me as to what these developments are
      As already observed and stated...

--our young defenders are acrueing valuable snaps and experience.
      --defenders roles, both in base D and in all sub packages, are becoming more defined.
      --Herbert is being more decisive and making better decisions than he was earlier.
      --Moore is getting a bettee feel for what we have.

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Why watch the games then? It's a waste of time to obsess over something that isn't going to happen on people's terms who bash him. There's plenty of fans who still go to the games.

The game against the Bears is likely going to be flexed out. Chicago is bad. Justin Fields sucks, he's the typical scrambling QB.
        except for a couple of quarters, I haven't watched live this season and for the first time since they opened up in the new stadium I don't have any plans to attend any games this year either, I already knew what this season was, I know, I know, I've been a flippin' ray of sunshine since Jacksonville and all offseason leading up to this and now after streaming the games on demand I've seen pretty much what I expected...confirming my fears? it doesn't make me happy or anything, it just feels like what I thought it would be, a lame duck season...it's amazing how much better my BP has been on Sundays when I'm out doing fun shit with the fam instead of spending 3 hours of pure frustration glued to the TV...I'm getting older now, I'm finally learning to manage disappointment in a smarter way than when I was younger...
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

I still watch the games mainly cuz I'm a Herbert fan but all I see is another great QB havin his talent wasted by shithead loser owners who can't help but step on their own peckers trynna pretend like their football people.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
            Let's do this!
            • Aug 2022
            • Raleigh N. Carolina
            • Send PM

except for a couple of quarters, I haven't watched live this season and for the first time since they opened up in the new stadium I don't have any plans to attend any games this year either, I already knew what this season was, I know, I know, I've been a flippin' ray of sunshine since Jacksonville and all offseason leading up to this and now after streaming the games on demand I've seen pretty much what I expected...confirming my fears? it doesn't make me happy or anything, it just feels like what I thought it would be, a lame duck season...it's amazing how much better my BP has been on Sundays when I'm out doing fun shit with the fam instead of spending 3 hours of pure frustration glued to the TV...I'm getting older now, I'm finally learning to manage disappointment in a smarter way than when I was younger...
            I broke up with the Chargers after the move and before JH was drafted and I was AMAZED how much better Sundays felt not spending it watching football. It was like having an extra day off.

But

Here I am, back in the fold.

I do see progress, the D has gone from 32 to 26th. We SHOULD have beaten Tennessee but the Fins loss is kind of understandable.

10-7 is very doable and i like our chances in the WC round against any AFC opponent.

But

One game at a time. Handle Dallas and we'll talk.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

It's not like we have a choice but to ride it out. No way they are firing Staley mid-season so he has 13 games left to prove himself or we start the purge.
              Agreed . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

It's not like we have a choice but to ride it out. No way they are firing Staley mid-season so he has 13 games left to prove himself or we start the purge.
                I agree

But watching this team - if they are 2-4 after the Chiefs and Cowboys - to me this is not a playoff team so you start doing things that make sense longer term. Granted, Telesco and Staley are on the hot seat so they never would and the Spanii don't have either the foresight or the balls to make moves. I don't think being 4-4 and beating the Jets and Bears is anything to write home about. They need to be 5-3

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2023
                  • Send PM

I can't decide if the D is just too complicated for the players, Staley doesn't teach it very well, our players are dumber than stumps or some combination of all but it just seems like we are always have one or two players break down on way too many plays and get kill because of it.
                  Drue Tranquil, in his 2nd year in the system, couldn't pick it up. He's the current reigning NFL chess master.

That should tell you all you need to know.

Some here were predicting that Kendricks I.Q. was going to drop 20 points this year.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2023
                    • Send PM

Getting rid of Staley isn't going to right the ship.

Ride out the never ending storm is the best course.

If Staley is fired in 3 weeks, that would take the air out of the balloon here.
                    What would we do after subsequent losses in that case?

I guess there's Telesco and the hapless Spanos's.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

After the games against DAL and KC, between week 8 to 15, the Chargers opponents were 56-80 last year .
                      Going 6-2 in that span is very doable to me.
                      They will host the Bills Sunday night, December the 23th sitting at 8-6 or 9-5.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                        After the games against DAL and KC, between week 8 to 15, the Chargers opponents were 56-80 last year .
                        Going 6-2 in that span is very doable to me.
                        They will host the Bills Sunday night, December the 23th sitting at 8-6 or 9-5.
                        They need to beat the Chiefs and be 5-3 after the Jets on Monday night - or
                        -6-2

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post
                          Getting rid of Staley isn't going to right the ship.

Ride out the never ending storm is the best course.

If Staley is fired in 3 weeks, that would take the air out of the balloon here.
                          What would we do after subsequent losses in that case?

I guess there's Telesco and the hapless Spanos's.
                          The next 3-4 games will be of critical importance. If we win just one of those 3-4, I say fire Staley and let's at least get a look at what Moore can do as a HC...

Comment

Working...
                          X