• Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

I guess QJ will be asked to step in for Mike now. I doubt he'll be able to fill Mikes shoes right away. Un til he proves himself, expect a lot of doubling on KA.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• rensoul
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

According to Popper, Mack has been solid in run defense. And on passing downs the Chargers sometimes have been using a three-edge formation, with Bosa, Tuli and Mack. His presence undoubtedly helps the other two get home.
      I'm a big fan of Mack, I've watched most of his games in his career but he's playing nowhere near a 20 mil plus caliber edge, that is elite player salary. If you compare his production and influence on games to players like TJ Watt, Crosby, Nick Bosa, Garrett, Parsons etc. it's not there.

Finding an edge that isn't getting home against the pass but is able to set the edge against the run is the type of veteran player you can find for under 5 mil like Clelin Ferrell with SF or develop with a 3rd of 4th round draft pick.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        I guess QJ will be asked to step in for Mike now. I doubt he'll be able to fill Mikes shoes right away. Un til he proves himself, expect a lot of doubling on KA.
        I don't think QJ is ready to be the WR2, but I think Palmer will suffice. Its early for both QJ and DD, but playing time will help. I'd wish the running game would work without Ekeler though, that would help a great deal with doubling up on Keenan. Parham is going to be vital for the Red Zone, too,

Comment

• rensoul
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

blueman Guyton may or may not be the reason the offense has success, but I think you might be underestimating what his pure speed does do for the passing game. He is the only WR that can blow by DBs with pure speed and he is really good at tracking and bringing in the kind of deep balls Herbert throws. It gives the opposing defense one more thing to think about. DD has that speed too, but he's a rookie and it may be some time before you see him out there running under a Herbert 65 yard pass downfield.
          Yup, it's really common sense. If there's a guy with legit 4.3 game speed on the field with Herbert's arm it more often than not forces safeties to play deeper to provide over the top help which in turn helps create more underneath space for the possession WR's to operate.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

What are the contract/cap ramifications if we release JC "street clothes" Jackson???

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Mack is a solid starter. JCJ had not been. It's a shock to see you put both in the same category.

Bosa, Mack, Tuli, Fox and Bash are a strong group to bring pressure with. Take Mack out, they are not as good.

Our CBs played better with JCJ out.
              For most of yesterdays game, Khalil Mack did not appear on the scoresheet.
              I want him to provide more impact. That is all I am saying regarding this particular player.
              Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

It’s all over the place
                I just saw it on ESPN

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Has he had the MRI?

In hindsight, drafting a WR in the 1st round was a prescient decision. Now that WR needs to step up and be that he was drafted for.
                  As Riverwalk pointed out, we drafted WR at #1 and #4 Rounds and Guyton returns after the Raider game. Doss would also figure into the equation. Getting Ekeler back for Las Vegas will be key. Again, my concern is the run blocking grades against Minnesota.

The running game returned to mean with a big sickening wet thud yesterday. I gotta know how our young OGs and right tackle graded out.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Thanks, Fleet. I haven't been able to post much yet this season. All my time just disappears, mostly taking care of my 96-year-old mother. But I live and die with the Chargers. It's crazy to be so emotionally invested--especially for someone who became a Chargers fan because I lived in SD for three months some 55 years ago. As for the hat, I really appreciate the offer, but you've recently been through a major trauma, and I'd rather you focus on yourself for right now.
                    Thats amazing sista. Ive heard all sorts of stories of how fans get hooked. Thats a pretty quick obsession got 55 years ago. Really great and again stoked to have you with us in this testosterone filled locker room. lol

I am through the burn. Thanks for the awareness of others...including myself in this regard.. The offer is always on the table. Im kicking ass right now. No more infection. And the key to my wellness anyways...has always been to help others. Giving is something i like to do...because of trauma. Aloha my friend.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I was going to share yesterday during that horrible officiating call, that I received an email from Ed Hochuli that apologized for his inadvertent whistle against the Broncos. I wrote Hochuli an email following the game, telling him his actions cost my Chargers. He apologized.

Anyway, league found out and the umpires are now forbidden from expressing mea culpa.

Comment

• rensoul
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        Losing MWill so early in the season is a big loss. I don't think Palmer or QJ can quite fill his shoes.
                        Hopefully QJ can show that he can considering where he was drafted.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                          What are the contract/cap ramifications if we release JC "street clothes" Jackson???
                          2025 is the year for the out.

J.C. Jackson contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

JCJ.png

Comment

Working...
                          X