Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
    So the NFL sent me an e-mail to tell me that Sunday Ticket was now aligned with YouTube TV for the 2023 season. It tells me that I can get 100 bucks off the deal, so I look. It offers the typical Sunday out of market games package for something like 239 bucks for the season. But as I read further it says that I first have to subscribe to YouTube TV FOR A YEAR at 74.95 per MONTH. So about 900 bucks there and 239 for ST and I can watch games for a cool 1139.00 bucks or so, not including a bunch of fees and taxes I'm sure.

Gee......No thanks NFL.......
    True...but if you already "cut the cords", and went wifi tv like me, and use youtube tv instead of cable...it's a helluva deal.

I use smart tvs, or have a game console, on every tv. No dish, no rental fees on equipment, and where you use a smart tv, no extra wires...I tried the trial on youtube tv, they include your local affiliates, by the way, and found I liked it. Its not for everybody...the interface isnt as slick as tivo...but if your like us, just need news and sports, and use Netflix or other subs for entertainment...its worth checking out. We saved 100 plus bucks a month, and the only equipment we have is a combo modem/router.
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Send PM

By the way, if you have a nice TV, but its not "smart", you can get a little device made by Roku or others that plugs into your HDMI port, and comes with a remote, and access any streaming services that way.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
        So the NFL sent me an e-mail to tell me that Sunday Ticket was now aligned with YouTube TV for the 2023 season. It tells me that I can get 100 bucks off the deal, so I look. It offers the typical Sunday out of market games package for something like 239 bucks for the season. But as I read further it says that I first have to subscribe to YouTube TV FOR A YEAR at 74.95 per MONTH. So about 900 bucks there and 239 for ST and I can watch games for a cool 1139.00 bucks or so, not including a bunch of fees and taxes I'm sure.

Gee......No thanks NFL.......
        Or you can just buy YouTube NFL Sunday Ticket for 349 and not buy YouTube TV

I am still debating as I am not sure how I will like YouTube to watch games - I was so used to DirectTV

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
          Do you not have to buy YouTube TV in order to get NFL Sunday Ticket?

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            By the way, if you have a nice TV, but its not "smart", you can get a little device made by Roku or others that plugs into your HDMI port, and comes with a remote, and access any streaming services that way.
            Amazon Fire Stick. They're cheaper than Roku. I think I saw them on sale at Amazon for $20 recently.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

110%
              2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Send PM

I am still debating as I am not sure how I will like YouTube to watch games - I was so used to DirectTV
                LOL...yea...that's easier

Edit:Actually, 349 is the cost to subscribers after 6/6...I think the non subscriber price for season was 549 or 599...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

LOL...yea...that's easier

Edit:Actually, 349 is the cost to subscribers after 6/6...I think the non subscriber price for season was 549 or 599...
                  I have read just the opposite
                  non subscriber until June 6 is the 349
                  after that they push it 449

with direct tv - I usually could always figure out how to get a discount from the 299. and it was so easy - I could switch from Fox or CBS to the NFL game -- pretty easy. I think with streaming - won't have that ability

I am still debating - have to see truly how many games the chargers have on national TV and go from there.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

I have read just the opposite
                    non subscriber until June 6 is the 349
                    after that they push it 449

with direct tv - I usually could always figure out how to get a discount from the 299. and it was so easy - I could switch from Fox or CBS to the NFL game -- pretty easy. I think with streaming - won't have that ability

I am still debating - have to see truly how many games the chargers have on national TV and go from there.
                    Yes you can switch from Fox, CBS, NFL with streaming service just as easily. You can make a list of your favorite channels and switch on demand. But you need YouTube or Hulu live service. You'll save money and get all the channels you want, including the local ones if you go with a service like YouTube or Hulu. Not sure Hulu has the NFL package, so maybe YouTube for you. Advantage as long as you have internet is that there are no extra boxes needed and you can record programs with no hardware other than your TV. No smart TV, no problem. Amazon Fire Stick and Roku work just fine so long as your TV has a HDMI input.

I've had Direct TV, Dish and Comcast. I will never go back. Comcast was particularly bad with no 1080p for a long time and then no 4K. And you need several boxes for different rooms which they rent out to you. Never again.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

110%
                      I am digging his goal to have a better season than last year. Excellent objective there.

Thats a millionaire bro chain there.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...ades-and-more/

CBSSports 2023 NFL offseason grades: Ranking all 32 teams for their draft picks, free-agent moves, trades

1.png
                        2.png

I felt the team needed health and depth and Kellen Moore. I can't speak for the author and it takes 5 years to assess
                        a draft choice. A QB is different, he requires a data sample size of 33 games - as a body of work to evaluate - in order
                        to draw a conclusion regarding a pro QB.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                          https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...ades-and-more/

CBSSports 2023 NFL offseason grades: Ranking all 32 teams for their draft picks, free-agent moves, trades

1.png
                          2.png

I felt the team needed health and depth and Kellen Moore. I can't speak for the author and it takes 5 years to assess
                          a draft choice. A QB is different, he requires a data sample size of 33 games - as a body of work to evaluate - in order
                          to draw a conclusion regarding a pro QB.
                          That he thinks extending Justin improves their off season prep for 2023 says it all
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X