• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I don't care what your offense is or is not doing - no defense in the league can allow another team to score on 5 straight possessions without the aid of the offense turning the ball over. Ours did. So yes, the offense got one fg in the second half (along with a drive for a missed fg) in an underwhelming performance. But if the D stops them one time, we win. This was an entire team meltdown.
    That 2nd half explosion was Jacksonville's only good half during their final 3 games.
    The Chief's shut them down even though they lost their best corner Sneed.

Its not like the Jacksonville O was running over everyone.

Staley and Bradley probably are at the top of the list of regrettable game planning on D in a playoff half this century.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Patience . . . . . the draft's almost here. Then we can bitch about that instead !
      The only member who bitches about drafts on draft day got permanently banned.
      Who will fill in for him?

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        I subscribe by the philosophy that it was one fucking game and it’s time to stop bitching about it like that one game is the singular defining fact of the team. Its a new season, we’ll have a new OC, new DC, and some new players TBA.

if they lose 3 games in a row after being up 27, I’ll agree its a fatal team flaw and you were right. Otherwise it’s one fucking game and you’re just a nag.

Please remember my prior post that the GREAT ANDY REID lost a playoff game after being up 28 in the 3rd period. Not 21 at half, 28 in the 3rd! We all agree he is a great coach. Ergo - its one fucking game.
        The last two years, our final game defined the team in a nutshell. Games we coulda won, but found ways to lose. Charger consistency. Until we change that, it’s just the damn truth.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Can we nominate people? Asking for a friend.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Somehow . . . . . . I feel someone will step up

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

The last two years, our final game defined the team in a nutshell. Games we coulda won, but found ways to lose. Charger consistency. Until we change that, it’s just the damn truth.
              There were a lot of people here saying we should not have won many of the games we did last year, so we did, at times, overcome our self destruct tendency. But yes, the last games of the past 2 seasons were painful.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

I laughed when I read this because I could name four or five members that will be having a shit fit during the draft. Some people are never happy and never have hope.
                Last edited by chargeroo; 04-25-2023, 05:15 PM.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I laughed when I read this because I could name four or five members that will be having a shit fit during the draft. Some people are never happy and never have hope.
                  Roo...do you realize that you're quoting everyone twice when you respond with a quote? Just curious if you've noticed it.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

That 2nd half explosion was Jacksonville's only good half during their final 3 games.
                    The Chief's shut them down even though they lost their best corner Sneed.

Its not like the Jacksonville O was running over everyone.

Staley and Bradley probably are at the top of the list of regrettable game planning on D in a playoff half this century.
                    KC's 1st rd rookie CB was a star unlike our 6th rd rookie CB.
                    I don't think there's a legitimate ranking for "regrettable game planning on D in a playoff half this century".
                    Staley's 1-2 in the playoffs. W LAR v Sea 2020, L v GB '20.
                    To me, Ws and Ls are absolutes. We lost.It sucked. Saying "almost won" wouldn't make me feel better.
                    Staley reviewed the season and made some calls. We have a shiny new vet OC, several other assistants and a star vet ILB.
                    Improvement? We'll see.
                    I think so.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Roo...do you realize that you're quoting everyone twice when you respond with a quote? Just curious if you've noticed it.
                      Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

I hadn't noticed. I wonder how long that's been going on?

EDIT- It looks like one of our Mods noticed it and fixed it for me - Good Mods!
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

There were a lot of people here saying we should not have won many of the games we did last year, so we did, at times, overcome our self destruct tendency. But yes, the last games of the past 2 seasons were painful.
                        It was like watching Lombardi driving the Ferrari around the racetrack at 25 mph because he was afraid to scratch the paint!
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

A: We didn't win the SB again!
                          B: We have sucked, still suck and will suck!
                          C:..Or we'll get better and not suck as bad.
                          I take C.
                          I actually like the part where we compete with nothing guaranteed. It makes it fun for me when we do good.

Comment

Working...
                          X