• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

And that is just 1 of the many reasons why Bijan might not even be the choice @#21.

Look @Tampa Bay with the #19 pick.
    They have a QB in Baker Mayfield that has proven that he needs players around him to be effective. If anybody needs the focus taken off him, it's Mayfield.
    Their RB group is weak. Rashaad White and Chase Edmunds were never considered RB#1's.
    They could use a starting RT... they could use depth @WR.
    But if Bijan is the game-changer everyone seems to thing he is... then @#19 should be an easy choice for them.
    Yep, gotta trade up ahead of them..

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

3.9y/A, we finished 5-11, LT was practically the only weapon we had. It wasn't until we fixed the O line that LT became LT.
      This is a myth. Look at LT’s numbers in 2002 and in 2003. Not much of an OL and not many other weapons. LT was always that guy

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Pretty sure god told him about the amazing advantages of HGH..he never had an arm like that in SD.
        Lol - God works in mysterious ways, my brother. Indeed.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

3.9y/A, we finished 5-11, LT was practically the only weapon we had. It wasn't until we fixed the O line that LT became LT.
          Damn right he was, thank you. That 5-11 team was 1-15 before LT. LT was still LT, thats what an LT can do behind a shit OL - 1200 rush yards, 1600 combined. Ekeler and Kelley combined wouldn’t have gained 700 yards behind that OL. Shit - they might have lost yards. We all saw it, why do you guys deny it - we saw that LT was LT from the very first game he wore bolts. We saw him turn negative yards into modest gains, we saw him break off a few big he had no business breaking free on. We saw him attack a B gap thats predictably collapsed just to suddenly bounce outside with his lightning quick jump step and acceleration and boom - he’s 7 yards downfield before they contain him! WE ALL SAW IT!

you guys that say different now 20+ years later are flat out lying or sadly senile. I’m sorry. We saw it from game 1, every single one of us saw it.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

So you are saying LT never made a difference? Whoa.

Drew Brees made Drew look bad his early years. /he played well first half and choked yuuuuge to lose games they could win. His 4thQ QBR was horrendous. the same OL played both halves. Thats why they drafted PR, not because of the OL, but because Drew was a second half choke artist

Then after they drafted PR, Drew suddenly developed and stopped choking in the 2nd half and uh-oh, QB controversy. Marty did what had to be done and broke his shoulder. I didnt lament Drew leaving, I still don’t like him over the way he lied about why he went to NO and lied about the Chargers.

he said he had a vision from God to go rebuild NO after the hurricane. Bullshit he did. He got one and only one offer that was guaranteed and not conditional on his ability to actually be able to play post-recovery from 32 teams in the league. That team was NO - how lucky is it that that God wanted him to go to the only NFL city that actually offered a guaranteed contract? Pfft. he went for the fucking money pure and simple. I could completely respect going for the money, I would do that. I cannot respect his bullshit public relations lying act that he got a message from God to travel forth to a woebegone land and heal the afflicted and lied that the Chargers never offered him anything. The hell they didn’t, they offered him a deal with an out clause if he wasn’t able to play, just like Miami did. The other 29 teams said no fucking way at all, Drew. So yeah - you can fuck the fuck right off, Drew.

Upset you a bit did he?? I never bought his holier than thou act either . . . . . can't deny he was great for NO though. I WAS pissed at Marty for ruining our chance to get some decent compensation for him though . . . .

By the way - check out my new avatar and description . . . . . .gotta walk the walk

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Upset you a bit did he?? I never bought his holier than thou act either . . . . . can't deny he was great for NO though. I WAS pissed at Marty for ruining our chance to get some decent compensation for him though . . . .

By the way - check out my new avatar and description . . . . . .gotta walk the walk
              Lol, i felt a dramatic flair overcome me . Drew was good his last year here but no one knew if he’d heal up to regain that same level. Fortunately for NO, he did and then some. No denial here. His accomplishments stand tall.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
                Then after they drafted PR, Drew suddenly developed and stopped choking in the 2nd half and uh-oh, QB controversy. Marty did what had to be done and broke his shoulder. I didnt lament Drew leaving, I still don’t like him over the way he lied about why he went to NO and lied about the Chargers.
                Interesting how, right after the Bolts drafted PR, all of a sudden, it lit a fire under Drew...

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Damn right he was, thank you. That 5-11 team was 1-15 before LT. LT was still LT, thats what an LT can do behind a shit OL - 1200 rush yards, 1600 combined. Ekeler and Kelley combined wouldn’t have gained 700 yards behind that OL. Shit - they might have lost yards. We all saw it, why do you guys deny it - we saw that LT was LT from the very first game he wore bolts. We saw him turn negative yards into modest gains, we saw him break off a few big he had no business breaking free on. We saw him attack a B gap thats predictably collapsed just to suddenly bounce outside with his lightning quick jump step and acceleration and boom - he’s 7 yards downfield before they contain him! WE ALL SAW IT!

you guys that say different now 20+ years later are flat out lying or sadly senile. I’m sorry. We saw it from game 1, every single one of us saw it.
                  Not a single one of us is denying that LT was great. He was! IMO, Bijan can't hold a candle to LT. They shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence.
                  But no one can deny, those early OL's sucked... and held him back. The same way those awful OL's almost got Drew Brees killed. WE ALL SAW IT!

That OL in 2006 was a thing of beauty. Teams knew we were going to run it... and it didn't fucking matter! Because there was nothing they could do about it.
                  Our current OL is not that 2006 OL... not yet. But it's getting there. It's probably why Ekeler has been so productive the last 2 years.
                  OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Interesting how, right after the Bolts drafted PR, all of a sudden, it lit a fire under Drew...
                    That... and all of a sudden he had more than 1.5 seconds to throw it.
                    OLineCentric

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Not a single one of us is denying that LT was great. He was! IMO, Bijan can't hold a candle to LT. They shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence.
                      But no one can deny, those early OL's sucked... and held him back. The same way those awful OL's almost got Drew Brees killed. WE ALL SAW IT!

That OL in 2006 was a thing of beauty. Teams knew we were going to run it... and it didn't fucking matter! Because there was nothing they could do about it.
                      Our current OL is not that 2006 OL... not yet. But it's getting there. It's probably why Ekeler has been so productive the last 2 years.
                      held him back? 2 of his 3 most productive years were behind this OLs that sucked. And he was basically the only weapon we had so. It was no mystery who was getting the ball.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

For as great as LT was, he averaged less than 4 yards per carry in 5 of his 11 seasons in the league. Blocking is important even for elite RBs.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

This is a myth. Look at LT’s numbers in 2002 and in 2003. Not much of an OL and not many other weapons. LT was always that guy
                          We were terrible during that time. But as I pointed out it wasn't because of LT. We didn't become a force until we fixed the O line and brought in more
                          weapons. So we can have at top notch RB, but if the supporting cast isn't there it's not going to work.

Comment

Working...
                          X