• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Everett was serviceable and deserves credit for that. He can be a useful #2 TE in '23. He's not a top guy.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Harris and Serchia were rising stars among small school coaches. They may add to the perspective on late rd - UDFA Chargers picks.
      ...Besides doing good work in their respective rooms.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
        I think the Chargers met with Tucker Kraft... which would suggest a 3rd/4th round target. Kraft is a TE that could be a good fit for Moore's 12 package... combination of blocking and receiving.
        If we draft Bijan or Branch or one of the WR's in the first, Tucker Kraft could be the best plan B TE target! He could develop into a weapon for Herbert and Moore!

In regard to WR if we don't draft one in the first or 2nd! Bryce Wheaton Ford could be the perfect type of WR for Herbert and could possibly be had in the 3rd or 4th.

Just have to see what the board dictates and I'm hearing there could be a lot of shocking picks with the first 3 rounds in this draft.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

If we are getting into the minds of Telesco/Staley, I just don't see a 1rst/2nd round tight end as a critical need.
          They like Everett, who could attack the seams if the offense wanted him to do it.
          They certainly could add another tight end in later rounds.

Kraft could certainly be an option, I've drated him a few times in mocks.

Addison, at nearby USC, would be my guess for being one of the 2 - 3 players on the inside track at #21.

Here's Kenny Pickett on Addison:

He's [Jordan Addison] probably going to run low 4.3's, maybe high 4.29, like 4.29-4.28 if he's got a good start. He's got that kind of speed. I think people are kind of underestimating his speed. And the thing about Jordan is, he runs routes at that speed. There's some guys that run 4.3, but they don't play at that speed. That's what's impressive about him, he plays at that speed. He's in and out of cuts at that speed. So he's an elite, elite receiver. So whoever gets him is going to get a special talent."

Pickett goes on to commend how special Addison is off the field as well; his film study, his character, all traits that would be an asset in this Steeler's locker room.

Addison's size is the only thing that doesn't fit Telesco's drafting habits.
          Knowing Telesco, he probably high fived John-John when he learned Addison didn't test as well as hoped in the 40.
          Pinkett was wrong on his speed but if he likes Addison that much I'm sure he won't get past Pittsburgh if he gets that far.
          I don't expect him to get to us.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

If we are getting into the minds of Telesco/Staley, I just don't see a 1rst/2nd round tight end as a critical need.
            They like Everett, who could attack the seams if the offense wanted him to do it.
            They certainly could add another tight end in later rounds.

Kraft could certainly be an option, I've drated him a few times in mocks.

Addison, at nearby USC, would be my guess for being one of the 2 - 3 players on the inside track at #21.

Here's Kenny Pickett on Addison:

He's [Jordan Addison] probably going to run low 4.3's, maybe high 4.29, like 4.29-4.28 if he's got a good start. He's got that kind of speed. I think people are kind of underestimating his speed. And the thing about Jordan is, he runs routes at that speed. There's some guys that run 4.3, but they don't play at that speed. That's what's impressive about him, he plays at that speed. He's in and out of cuts at that speed. So he's an elite, elite receiver. So whoever gets him is going to get a special talent."

Pickett goes on to commend how special Addison is off the field as well; his film study, his character, all traits that would be an asset in this Steeler's locker room.

Addison's size is the only thing that doesn't fit Telesco's drafting habits.
            Knowing Telesco, he probably high fived John-John when he learned Addison didn't test as well as hoped in the 40.
            Yes, I think Addison is definitely in the #21 cluster conversation... especially since KA may be a cap casualty in 2024.
            It's revealing that they met with Addison and Flowers.
            I think both add more future value to an offense than Kincaid.

Good TE's can be found in the mid-rounds. Dalton Schultz is the perfect example... here's a look-back...

OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

If we draft Bijan or Branch or one of the WR's in the first, Tucker Kraft could be the best plan B TE target! He could develop into a weapon for Herbert and Moore!

In regard to WR if we don't draft one in the first or 2nd! Bryce Wheaton Ford could be the perfect type of WR for Herbert and could possibly be had in the 3rd or 4th.

Just have to see what the board dictates and I'm hearing there could be a lot of shocking picks with the first 3 rounds in this draft.
              Absolutely! IMO, the TE and WR positions are pretty deep and offer good players (even into the mid-late rounds) later.
              I don't expect Bijan to be there (Chicago or Philly)... Branch is a maybe (scheme fit and slower-than-expected 40-time).
              #21 will be BPA all the way. I lean CB/DB just because I see them as BPA... but I'm often wrong, so I'm open to whoever the pick is.

OLineCentric

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                Everett was serviceable and deserves credit for that. He can be a useful #2 TE in '23. He's not a top guy.
                Cook was serviceable, you could only scheme him open & nothing deep.
                Everett is more than serviceable.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Everett was the only offensive player to show up in the playoff game.
                  OLineCentric

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Everett was the only offensive player to show up in the playoff game.
                    The one we lost? Embarrassingly? He's OK, Nothing special.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I hold the missed connection passes against him. most notably an endzone int by KC.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Yes, I think Addison is definitely in the #21 cluster conversation... especially since KA may be a cap casualty in 2024.
                        It's revealing that they met with Addison and Flowers.
                        I think both add more future value to an offense than Kincaid.

Good TE's can be found in the mid-rounds. Dalton Schultz is the perfect example... here's a look-back...

Both Addison and Flowers are on the small side, more suitable as slot receivers. Definitely should be in the #21 cluster.
                        I'd go with Flowers before Addison. But if it's between them and Kincaid, I go with Kincaid. He offers a bigger target with
                        downfield after the catch potential. If we're still thinking about a TE in the 2nd round with Mayer, Kincaid gone I'd go Musgrave.

Of course all conjecture. We still have needs on the other side of the football and if I were to guess 1 of 2 in the first two rounds
                        will be for a defensive player.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Tucker been my late round TE for awhile and I believe your the one who got me on the Wheaton train.We need Solid late round picks that can contribute.

Comment

Working...
                          X