• chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Who?

I hope you don't mean Kinkaid: that he is as good or better than Keenan/Mdub?
    Keenan/Mdub are also probably better blockers.

I would agree if he was the only one of the three healthy.
    I was thinking we didn't have both of them and could have gone with a 12 look if we had another TE. Of course, Lombo probably would have had Ek run off tackle instead.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

think Campbell & Sewell fit the bill pretty darn well,
      I'm a Ducks fan and I was very disappointed with Sewell this year. He had games where he didn't show up. I do like Campbell.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I was thinking we didn't have both of them and could have gone with a 12 look if we had another TE. Of course, Lombo probably would have had Ek run off tackle instead.
        That would be nice. If we had to go tight end in the 1rst, I actually agree with Fleet .... i'd want Washington.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

That would be nice. If we had to go tight end in the 1rst, I actually agree with Fleet .... i'd want Washington.
          Agreed. Solid addition to the run game (sorely, desperately needed), and him and Everett in on the same play? Effing scary!

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Who?

I hope you don't mean Kinkaid: that he is as good or better than Keenan/Mdub?
            Keenan/Mdub are also probably better blockers.

I would agree if he was the only one of the three healthy.
            Kincaid is gonna be a better blocker than the both of 'em, and a more productive pass catcher than MW.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Kincaid is gonna be a better blocker than the both of 'em, and a more productive pass catcher than MW.
              They won't be blocking the same players. Kincaid is a small guy by tight end standards; 238 pounds last time i checked.
              NFL defensive ends are going to rag doll him routinely.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

They won't be blocking the same players. Kincaid is a small guy by tight end standards; 238 pounds last time i checked.
                NFL defensive ends are going to rag doll him routinely.
                Not sure where you checked, he was 246 at his pro day. And surely he will gain a little more from the weight room given his possition.
                And Nolan Smith is 238, I don't see anybody here saying he is undersized,. ....which he is.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not sure where you checked, he was 246 at his pro day. And surely he will gain a little more from the weight room given his possition.
                    And Nolan Smith is 238, I don't see anybody here saying he is undersized,. ....which he is.
                    I think Nolan Smith is a 4-3 OLB. I don't think Staley sees him as a fit in his system.
                    Having said that, if we draft Dalton Kincaid... it's not for his blocking skills.
                    In essence, he's a big receiver meant to challenge the seams... something TT and Staley talked about.

Personally, I see Kincaid as a late 1st rounder... I don't see him as BPA @#21.
                    Maybe the Chargers see it differently... maybe Moore has plans for him.
                    I just see Kincaid's impact as minimal for next year. I don't see his targets surpassing either Palmer's or Everett's targets. That makes him option #6.
                    This doesn't seem like the best way to "marry the running game to the passing game"

I suspect when they say "marry running to passing" they're talking about a better balance of play-calling and commitment to running the ball... in order to set up play-action.
                    So maybe personnel is not really the transformational force anyways...

I just see the tight end need much differently than most. TPB seems focussed on round 1-3 TE's... while I like round 5 prospects. Schoonmaker, Whyle, Latu, and Durham are TE's I like. Schoonmaker, Whyle, and Latu can all stretch the seam... and Durham is the best blocker of the bunch.
                    OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I think the Chargers met with Tucker Kraft... which would suggest a 3rd/4th round target. Kraft is a TE that could be a good fit for Moore's 12 package... combination of blocking and receiving.
                      OLineCentric

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

The Chargers will draft a quality TE . The 1st or 2nd most likely where we can get a TE who will play significant snaps in our 2023 SB run.
                        We'll see soon.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                          I think the Chargers met with Tucker Kraft... which would suggest a 3rd/4th round target. Kraft is a TE that could be a good fit for Moore's 12 package... combination of blocking and receiving.
                          If we are getting into the minds of Telesco/Staley, I just don't see a 1rst/2nd round tight end as a critical need.
                          They like Everett, who could attack the seams if the offense wanted him to do it.
                          They certainly could add another tight end in later rounds.

Kraft could certainly be an option, I've drated him a few times in mocks.

Addison, at nearby USC, would be my guess for being one of the 2 - 3 players on the inside track at #21.

Here's Kenny Pickett on Addison:

He's [Jordan Addison] probably going to run low 4.3's, maybe high 4.29, like 4.29-4.28 if he's got a good start. He's got that kind of speed. I think people are kind of underestimating his speed. And the thing about Jordan is, he runs routes at that speed. There's some guys that run 4.3, but they don't play at that speed. That's what's impressive about him, he plays at that speed. He's in and out of cuts at that speed. So he's an elite, elite receiver. So whoever gets him is going to get a special talent."

Pickett goes on to commend how special Addison is off the field as well; his film study, his character, all traits that would be an asset in this Steeler's locker room.

Addison's size is the only thing that doesn't fit Telesco's drafting habits.
                          Knowing Telesco, he probably high fived John-John when he learned Addison didn't test as well as hoped in the 40.

Comment

Working...
                          X