• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't know why more arent excited w/ the possibility to get Bowers. TE is an important position when you have a good one. We saw it for years with Gates and he was a weapon. Why wouldn't we want that again? Travis Kelce kicks our ass every year. Let's kick their ass with our TE.
    There are other good receivers in this draft who had as good or better years than Harrison jr ( who likely goes top 3) that id be happy to have. Not like our cubbard is bare there, especially if Keenan is still here.

We can still get a speed receiver. This class is pretty loaded and we don't have incompetent Telesco drafting to end up the KJ HIll in a deep class.
    Love Bowers
    been my favorite player in college football since he was a freshman
    Have thought he was always one of the top two or three players on those Georgia teams - even with Jalen Carter

He would be he target at 5 or 6 unless some team just comes with some an overpay for the draft pick - you would have to look into

Otherwise at 5/6 - Brock Bowers is clearly my number 1 player to get

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

So many holes on this team…….the more I think about it, it makes sense to trade down in round 1 and get two very good players versus one excellent one.

Imagine if Telesco had traded down and avoided QJ last year?

Comment

• AFboltfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2018
        • Balboa Park bench
        • Medical Simulation
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
        So many holes on this team…….the more I think about it, it makes sense to trade down in round 1 and get two very good players versus one excellent one.

Imagine if Telesco had traded down and avoided QJ last year?
        This is why I want a top 5 pick, more value for trading down. I wouldn't trust TT to make a good trade or selection, but hopefully our next GM can.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

This is why I want a top 5 pick, more value for trading down. I wouldn't trust TT to make a good trade or selection, but hopefully our next GM can.
          As much as I like Bowers - and the value needs to be there -- I do like the idea of trading back staying in the top 10-12 - and getting a couple more draft picks. This team needs depth and so many more players than one player

But if the Chargers get anything of value for Bosa and MW - that might change my mind a bit. But I know this team is not one player away plus, getting a couple more players, say a 2nd and 4th is the way to build your roster

As noted about about trading back from 21 as reported that Telesco might have had a deal with the Giants - -or just taken Kincaid like he should have. Glad he is gone

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

For all the talk of we need to move on from Bosa and Williams etc. because their contracts are so bloated and they are always injured and not worth the money, why in the world would someone take on those contracts for those injured players? It's pretty farfetched to think we'd get anything of value at all for them.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              For all the talk of we need to move on from Bosa and Williams etc. because their contracts are so bloated and they are always injured and not worth the money, why in the world would someone take on those contracts for those injured players? It's pretty farfetched to think we'd get anything of value at all for them.
              Something will have to be moved for the Cap, they sit as the best savings. I think you’re right on what we will actually get - I could be wrong but I’m not expecting 2nd and 3rd rd picks. MW only has one year left on contract, at $20M base+roster bonus 2024 cost. Bosa has 2 yrs $22m and $25m cash for a new team. Neither are cheap at all, even after we absorb the sunk signing bonus caps.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't know why more arent excited w/ the possibility to get Bowers. TE is an important position when you have a good one. We saw it for years with Gates and he was a weapon. Why wouldn't we want that again? Travis Kelce kicks our ass every year. Let's kick their ass with our TE.
                There are other good receivers in this draft who had as good or better years than Harrison jr ( who likely goes top 3) that id be happy to have. Not like our cubbard is bare there, especially if Keenan is still here.

We can still get a speed receiver. This class is pretty loaded and we don't have incompetent Telesco drafting to end up the KJ HIll in a deep class.
                I am fully on board with Bowers. He is a stud and would be a great weapon for Herbert. He is hard to cover and good after catch. He is also a good blocker that would help run game and to protect Herbert.

This is indeed a very deep WR class. Much better than last year overall and the top 3 of Harrison, Nabors, Odunze are significantly better than JSN, Johnston, Flowers...the top 3 last year.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I am fully on board with Bowers. He is a stud and would be a great weapon for Herbert. He is hard to cover and good after catch. He is also a good blocker that would help run game and to protect Herbert.

This is indeed a very deep WR class. Much better than last year overall and the top 3 of Harrison, Nabors, Odunze are significantly better than JSN, Johnston, Flowers...the top 3 last year.
                  I’m good with any of those names. I’d lean to Bowers, think a later WR that could contribute will be easier to find. Also can’t argue with Alt/Fashanu to cement the OL future
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Something will have to be moved for the Cap, they sit as the best savings. I think you’re right on what we will actually get - I could be wrong but I’m not expecting 2nd and 3rd rd picks. MW only has one year left on contract, at $20M base+roster bonus 2024 cost. Bosa has 2 yrs $22m and $25m cash for a new team. Neither are cheap at all, even after we absorb the sunk signing bonus caps.
                    I realize we have some tough decisions to make. I just don't think we get anything and with Williams coming off an ACL, he will really be hard to deal. I think we end up cutting a couple - I guess we'll see.

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

It's pretty simple going forward what needs to be done to get the cap under control and for next season! Trade Bosa, Mack and MW for the best draft pick you can get! Restructure Allen and from there we need two good young DE's and a WR or 2! We also need a good young RB or 2 and 2 LB's! Also at least 1 CB & TE! In regards to the oline we need another OT and OC! This all could be addressed in the draft and in free agency!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The thing about 6 vs say 4 is that it would take away the trade down possibilities if someone is looking for a QB, you don't want to trade down too far and miss out on one of those WRs or Bowers...but much depends on what the new staff decides to prioritize, what if improving the defense is deemed a bigger priority to the new HC/GM?
                        Only for Caleb and Maye but you still have Daniels and Penix and Bo Nix....who shouldnt go that high but owners do it all the time. Im not real big on Penix either but again......teams panic for QBs.
                        And if Ewers and McCarthy come out theres more. Plus there are recievers teams might be high on and a couple or few pass rushers.

At 6 id be happy with Bowers and Latu if he checks out medically....but if we can trade down a bit and stil get either , even better. Just depends on others teams targets /needs.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Love Bowers
                          been my favorite player in college football since he was a freshman
                          Have thought he was always one of the top two or three players on those Georgia teams - even with Jalen Carter

He would be he target at 5 or 6 unless some team just comes with some an overpay for the draft pick - you would have to look into

Otherwise at 5/6 - Brock Bowers is clearly my number 1 player to get
                          Would have to be a big overapy.

If Bowers is considered a bluechip, you dont pass on a bluechip at a possition of need. Maybe move down a 3 -4 spots and if he is still there, great. I wonder how many bluechips are considered in this draft? Is Latu a bluechip? Verse? Turner?...Id think not to Verse and Turner.
                          I dont even consider the top 2 QBs bluechip. Its just they always get over drafted. Caleb i think went a step back perhaps this season...but still highly conveyed by QB needy teams.

I dont think there are even 10 bluechips in this draft at the top. Maybe 5? MHJ, Bowers, Fashanu?, Alt?, Latam?....idk. Are Latu and Nabers bluechips? Maybe red chips? Very good players anyways.

Waiting for Jeremiah to drop his top 50....which probably will be a while.

Comment

Working...
                          X