• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Cause of Death of Chargers' season: Players they were counting on underperforming (starting with Derwin but also QJ) or simply not available (Mike Williams, Joey Bosa), on top of bad coaching. Ben Johnson is the hottest head coaching candidate.

What Went Wrong: Los Angeles Chargers | PFF
    Cause of death was defense and that was Staley. They call him out but then spend minutes undercutting the call. They should have stuck to first principles. They did not lose a lot of defensive players thru the year - they had defensive players not knowing what or how to play his play calls. Repeatedly. For 3 years. You got 3 receivers running wide open, tell me how to blame Derwin for that? We saw that all year long. We got them in 3rd and 5 and he has every DB 8+ yards off the LOS, how did Derwin cause that? On and on, just bad coaching.

I am left baffled how Staley ever did what he did in LAR given his methods and schemes he brought to LAC. He took the 15th or so Defense and turned them into bottom 5. Other than Donald, the best defensive player in a generation at his peak, … ??? I’ll never go study that team’s season to figure it out, he’s dead and gone to me. Fuck Staley for fucking up the players.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Linsley was on the field for what 2 games?
      Joey played in 9, started only 5 and of course his last start he only played a series or two.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

I couldn't help but notice that I didn't see Ja'sir Taylor or Deane Leonard on the field in either of the last two games.

That's not a good sign for them.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
          I couldn't help but notice that I didn't see Ja'sir Taylor or Deane Leonard on the field in either of the last two games.

Yeah, I wonder how many of the picks from the last three drafts stick in 2024…a lot of JAG-type play, all over.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Leonard has an injured foot and wasn't active. Taylor played 2 snaps

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

🏈 Dive into the latest NFL trade rumors surrounding one of the league's most dynamic players – Derwin James! In this video, we break down the speculation, a...

is there any creative way we can trade DJ and avoid the huge dead cap or offset it by trading with a guy on a rookie deal?
              I'm looking for any realistic way we can trade DJ now that a trade partner can reasonably assume DJ is still elite and blames Staley for the lack of production.
              If GMs around the league believed DJ is comparable to rookie-DJ, we should expect a few offers if we place him on the trade block right?

For the record, I think we should wait to see what our next GM wants to do, I'm just curious for myself.
              2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                https://www.youtube.com/live/x0qUQC9...GYsh2jmroza8vI

is there any creative way we can trade DJ and avoid the huge dead cap or offset it by trading with a guy on a rookie deal?
                I'm looking for any realistic way we can trade DJ now that a trade partner can reasonably assume DJ is still elite and blames Staley for the lack of production.
                If GMs around the league believed DJ is comparable to rookie-DJ, we should expect a few offers if we place him on the trade block right?

For the record, I think we should wait to see what our next GM wants to do, I'm just curious for myself.
                More podcasters. First I've heard of it and these guys aren't legit info.

I guess anything is possible but like you, let's see who our new GM and HC are first..

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Joey played in 9, started only 5 and of course his last start he only played a series or two.
                  He only played limited snaps at the beginning of the season because he was nursing some foot problem. Played against Miami. I think that may be the only game he played full snaps

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

More podcasters. First I've heard of it and these guys aren't legit info.

I guess anything is possible but like you, let's see who our new GM and HC are first..
                    Is there only one Bro on Bolt Bros? Lol … he said what some of us think - Staley fucked him up.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Cause of death was defense and that was Staley. They call him out but then spend minutes undercutting the call. They should have stuck to first principles. They did not lose a lot of defensive players thru the year - they had defensive players not knowing what or how to play his play calls. Repeatedly. For 3 years. You got 3 receivers running wide open, tell me how to blame Derwin for that? We saw that all year long. We got them in 3rd and 5 and he has every DB 8+ yards off the LOS, how did Derwin cause that? On and on, just bad coaching.

I am left baffled how Staley ever did what he did in LAR given his methods and schemes he brought to LAC. He took the 15th or so Defense and turned them into bottom 5. Other than Donald, the best defensive player in a generation at his peak, … ??? I’ll never go study that team’s season to figure it out, he’s dead and gone to me. Fuck Staley for fucking up the players.
                      It started with Miami. He was playing deep safety on Tyreek’s smoke job on JCJ and then again on the critical play where they hit Tyreek with Ja Sir on him. Not sure what the value of a deep safety is if he’s not providing over the top coverage

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Is there only one Bro on Bolt Bros? Lol … he said what some of us think - Staley fucked him up.
                        I'm hoping another GM thinks the same so much so, that they're willing to trade something valuable for him.
                        We need to start allocating resources to premium positions and DJ will likely never live up to his contract so this is likely the highest we can sell.
                        Next season he'll be older and while his stats should improve, he won't be a game changer even without Staley.
                        If we can net anything like a Jamal Adams, we need to strike.
                        I just want to know what the options are realistically for a trade THIS offseason.
                        2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I'm hoping another GM thinks the same so much so, that they're willing to trade something valuable for him.
                          We need to start allocating resources to premium positions and DJ will likely never live up to his contract so this is likely the highest we can sell.
                          Next season he'll be older and while his stats should improve, he won't be a game changer even without Staley.
                          If we can net anything like a Jamal Adams, we need to strike.
                          I just want to know what the options are realistically for a trade THIS offseason.
                          The Chargers take a 21m cap hit if they release or trade Derwin James - nothing creative about it

They can make it a June 1 trade but that just pushes cap onto 2025 books. Its still $21m just some allocated in 2024 and the rest allocated in 2025

If somebody wants to make a Jamal Adams trade - multiple picks - I probably would take the cap hit. That is probably not going to happen.

The best thing is to find a real HC and real DC who will use him correctly​

Comment

Working...
                          X