• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
    Just understand - if you keep Khalik Mack - thats fine - probably will need to replace Bosa, Williams Linsley, Ekeler, Davis, Kendricks, maybe even Parham
    And it will be with draft picks or veterans making a couple million bucks or so - which is fine if the person picking the players knows what they are doing and the coaching staff is better

The Chargers jsut will not have the cap space to spend in free agency - which is fine. They need to build through the draft
    Replacing Bosa is no problem. Dude hasn’t been on the field for 2 years. I could personally replace him

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Replacing Bosa is no problem. Dude hasn’t been on the field for 2 years. I could personally replace him
      Granted we do not know what kind of defense will be played - just hopefully better coached and more physical
      Austin Johnson and SJD made a bunch of money this year - can probably get some rookies or veterans for cheaper for the same valie
      Ekeler could probably be replaced for a couple million
      Bosa - Mack and Tuli as Edge; might actually need a true DE and whatever bosa was - Edge or DE

Davis at CB - shouldn't be hard to replace him with a draft pick or veteran on the cheap

that is one thing - the Chargers spent a lot and got little value from many of their higher priced players

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I guarantee you that Ben Johnson will be the hottest coaching candidate to come from the coordinator ranks. On top of that, I am all but certain that either Harbaugh or Johnson will be the Chargers' next head coach.
        We hired hot coaching candidates before. Pundits make him the hot candidate.
        He will be a Panther.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We hired hot coaching candidates before. Pundits make him the hot candidate.
          He will be a Panther.
          I am praying that Tepper opens up the pocketbook - even if the Chargers do not get Harbuagh want nothing to do with Johnson

Will McClay or Joe Horitz as a GM would be the start at that point

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Just understand - if you keep Khalik Mack - thats fine - probably will need to replace Bosa, Williams Linsley, Ekeler, Davis, Kendricks, maybe even Parham
            And it will be with draft picks or veterans making a couple million bucks or so - which is fine if the person picking the players knows what they are doing and the coaching staff is better

The Chargers jsut will not have the cap space to spend in free agency - which is fine. They need to build through the draft
            The replacement players are already in house, most were playing against the Bills (or should’ve been..).

Again, add Herbert + new HC/culture change in the Bills game (and put whomever in for Ekeler/Davis/Kendricks/Parham cuz were any of them game-changers?) and betcha we win it.

Not that far away from contending, why it’s the top landing spot for HCs.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
              Day One...
              • Mar 2019
              • Brentwood, 94513
              • Send PM

I’m just hoping we get Jim Harbuagh. I’m putting all my eggs in that basket. Living up in the Bay Area, I first hand what he did with a fairly loaded Niner team. That year, they fire Singletary, hire Harbuagh, go to Super Bowl, with Colin Kappernik.

I follow the Niners a lot since my triplets are Niner fans. When Anthony Lynn said it was different up here, he wasn’t breaking news.

I don’t think the Spanos are cheap. I just think they are the small fish in a lake with whales. Yes, they have spent money on players, new practice facilities, and are aggressive at times.

Time to spend money on a coach.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Granted we do not know what kind of defense will be played - just hopefully better coached and more physical
                Austin Johnson and SJD made a bunch of money this year - can probably get some rookies or veterans for cheaper for the same valie
                Ekeler could probably be replaced for a couple million
                Bosa - Mack and Tuli as Edge; might actually need a true DE and whatever bosa was - Edge or DE

Davis at CB - shouldn't be hard to replace him with a draft pick or veteran on the cheap

that is one thing - the Chargers spent a lot and got little value from many of their higher priced players
                Only Keenan and Mack played up to their big contracts. Bosa, Derwin, Linsley, MW and JCJ did not. 2 out of 7. And those 7 were supposed to be the linchpins of the squad along with Herbert and malcontent Ekeler

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Only Keenan and Mack played up to their big contracts. Bosa, Derwin, Linsley, MW and JCJ did not. 2 out of 7. And those 7 were supposed to be the linchpins of the squad along with Herbert and malcontent Ekeler
                  I still think Derwin with a better HC/DC has a chance
                  Bosa cannot stay healthy
                  Linsley - he actually lived up to his contract. The difference between him and the Clapp was night and day so disagree with you on this. Linsley was a bigger loss than Bosa and MW. And probably figuring out Center is the biggest transaction this offseason
                  MW - coming off the ACL, last couple years banged up. Good player when healthy but not a $20m AAV kind of player. And I truly don't even know his value next year. Maybe something an $8-10m make good contract

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

I still think Derwin with a better HC/DC has a chance
                    Bosa cannot stay healthy
                    Linsley - he actually lived up to his contract. The difference between him and the Clapp was night and day so disagree with you on this. Linsley was a bigger loss than Bosa and MW. And probably figuring out Center is the biggest transaction this offseason
                    MW - coming off the ACL, last couple years banged up. Good player when healthy but not a $20m AAV kind of player. And I truly don't even know his value next year. Maybe something an $8-10m make good contract
                    Linsley was on the field for what 2 games?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Linsley was on the field for what 2 games?
                      Not his fault he got a heart ailment. He produced at a high level when he plays and the Oline goes in the toilet without him. (Another error by Telesco - not getting a better back-up Center as we see what happens when Linsley is out).

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Not his fault he got a heart ailment. He produced at a high level when he plays and the Oline goes in the toilet without him. (Another error by Telesco - not getting a better back-up Center as we see what happens when Linsley is out).
                        Unlikely that he just developed it after 2 games. I wonder how detailed the physicals are for these guys before the season. If you remember, we couldn’t run against TN to save our lives and couldn’t pass block against either of them when it mattered. Linsley played in both of those games.

Comment

• FtheTurds
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2023
                          • Send PM

Unlikely that he just developed it after 2 games. I wonder how detailed the physicals are for these guys before the season. If you remember, we couldn’t run against TN to save our lives and couldn’t pass block against either of them when it mattAt least he was out there, not feeling good. Who knows how bad it's been and Chargers never noticed it. I think this is on the Chargers and one of many bad decisionsered. Linsley played in both of those games.
                          At least he was out there, not feeling good. Who knows how bad it's been and Chargers never noticed it?? What kind of medical staff do the Chargers have? I think this is on the Chargers and one of many bad decision??

Comment

Working...
                          X