• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Mack has had a good year but can't make an emotional decision when they can probably get draft picks for Mack which might help the team longer term. And this is a two year rebuild like you said. And its his choice - if he wants to play for a winner or get the cash - Chargers should be amenable to trading him
    No way this is a two year build, the right HC and a few key cuts and a couple decent draft picks, we’re in the playoffs. The AFCW is rapidly approaching dumpster fire status, all four teams are showing faults and flaws and any HC/GM candidate(s) will see that. Ripe for the picking. Only two teams have elite QBs, if we land Harbaugh that’s like at least a guaranteed wild card spot if not a legit challenge to the division crown.

Look at it this way: if we had a healthy Herbert, just that one add, you think we lose to the Bills? Interim HC, starting WRs/center/Bosa all out…aren’t the Bills leading their division?

And this: think of all the one-score games we’ve lost under Staley. We win even half of those, we’re a solid contender.

This hire cycle is about culture change, it’s already happening just days after dumping Staley. You want to say, two years till we’re favored to win the SB, that I can buy, lol. But next year, we will be pissed and looking to kick names and take ass. Book it.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Whatever they could get for Mack is not going to equal the value of Mack. I like a team with a couple of proven vets around to set the tone for the young players. Mack is the guy that organized the team defense dinners last year that brought everyone together and resulted in better play. He’s like another coach. He’s worth it.
      This.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Cause of Death of Chargers' season: Players they were counting on underperforming (starting with Derwin but also QJ) or simply not available (Mike Williams, Joey Bosa), on top of bad coaching. Ben Johnson is the hottest head coaching candidate.

What Went Wrong: Los Angeles Chargers | PFF

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

They said we have a good OL. Yet we need a OC, RT, maybe a RG.
          Didn't mention injuries there either.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

No way this is a two year build, the right HC and a few key cuts and a couple decent draft picks, we’re in the playoffs. The AFCW is rapidly approaching dumpster fire status, all four teams are showing faults and flaws and any HC/GM candidate(s) will see that. Ripe for the picking. Only two teams have elite QBs, if we land Harbaugh that’s like at least a guaranteed wild card spot if not a legit challenge to the division crown.

Look at it this way: if we had a healthy Herbert, just that one add, you think we lose to the Bills? Interim HC, starting WRs/center/Bosa all out…aren’t the Bills leading their division?

And this: think of all the one-score games we’ve lost under Staley. We win even half of those, we’re a solid contender.

This hire cycle is about culture change, it’s already happening just days after dumping Staley. You want to say, two years till we’re favored to win the SB, that I can buy, lol. But next year, we will be pissed and looking to kick names and take ass. Book it.
            Just understand - if you keep Khalik Mack - thats fine - probably will need to replace Bosa, Williams Linsley, Ekeler, Davis, Kendricks, maybe even Parham
            And it will be with draft picks or veterans making a couple million bucks or so - which is fine if the person picking the players knows what they are doing and the coaching staff is better

The Chargers jsut will not have the cap space to spend in free agency - which is fine. They need to build through the draft

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Cause of Death of Chargers' season: Players they were counting on underperforming (starting with Derwin but also QJ) or simply not available (Mike Williams, Joey Bosa), on top of bad coaching. Ben Johnson is the hottest head coaching candidate.

What Went Wrong: Los Angeles Chargers | PFF
              Still doesn't make him the right coaching candidate for the Chargers

The interviews will be important and very few questions should be about Justin Herbert in the interview.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                The interviews will be important
                The best interviewers don't always make the best head coaches. This was pointed out in the video, Staley was hired because he was a good interviewer.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2018
                  • Balboa Park bench
                  • Medical Simulation
                  • Send PM

Ben Johnson is the hottest head coaching candidate.
                  No he's not...

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

No he's not...
                    I guarantee you that Ben Johnson will be the hottest coaching candidate to come from the coordinator ranks. On top of that, I am all but certain that either Harbaugh or Johnson will be the Chargers' next head coach.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

The best interviewers don't always make the best head coaches. This was pointed out in the video, Staley was hired because he was a good interviewer.
                      But you can ask "who is going to be on your staff?"
                      or "are you going to call plays or will you have somebody else call plays"
                      what is your offseason program going to be like?
                      locker room stuff

This job is more than about calling plays on offense and you have never told any of us why Ben Johnson will make a good HEAD coach.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2018
                        • Balboa Park bench
                        • Medical Simulation
                        • Send PM

I guarantee you that Ben Johnson will be the hottest coaching candidate to come from the coordinator ranks. On top of that, I am all but certain that either Harbaugh or Johnson will be the Chargers' next head coach.
                        I'd rather see how Detroit finishes the playoffs before I anoint anyone. Ben Johnson has a loaded offense with a capable game manager in Goff. Forgive my hesitancy, seen it before.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

I'd rather see how Detroit finishes the playoffs before I anoint anyone. Ben Johnson has a loaded offense with a capable game manager in Goff. Forgive my hesitancy, seen it before.
                          This is also fair - lets see how he does in the playoffs.

Don't need to crown him with a gold jacket yet

Comment

Working...
                          X