Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

don't forget our new superstar DC too, he "Ain's" gonna let that happen this year

I blame Hill. and Lombo. and anyone else who left the org.
    I also blame Staley...but look for him to learn from it...Im optimistic...just give us average health, and we will be in the mix...
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm sorry, I shouldn't say anything about your pessimistic post. It's your opinion and you are entitled to look at it that way.

To answer your question, I felt very let down after that Jax game but I decided to look at it as a lesson that will help them the next time.

I'll try to refrain from commenting on your posts from now on.
      As another person who follows Jesus Christ, I learn to let these things go. You know how the apostle Paul says "O foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you"? That's what I see with a bunch of fans. People are bewitched by things from the organization or what a Charger player did years ago.

I hope 2023 will be better. A healthy team would do wonders.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

The Chargers are projected to be an 8 win team this coming season in an article I just read, the Chiefs are projected to win 11 games. If this is how it goes down, and I sure hope it doesn't... Well you know the rest. I guess I'll respect my elders and heed their advice and not rock the apple cart.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

From the Athletic on the Chargers: “It is hard to imagine a team being that leveraged when they are probably the fifth- or sixth-best team in the conference, they haven’t won a playoff game in four years and they just lost to the Jags,” an exec said.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
            From the Athletic on the Chargers: “It is hard to imagine a team being that leveraged when they are probably the fifth- or sixth-best team in the conference, they haven’t won a playoff game in four years and they just lost to the Jags,” an exec said.
            It's a shame that the exec doesn't have a name or an organization.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
              The Chargers are projected to be an 8 win team this coming season in an article I just read, the Chiefs are projected to win 11 games. If this is how it goes down, and I sure hope it doesn't... Well you know the rest. I guess I'll respect my elders and heed their advice and not rock the apple cart.
              Yeah, but 6 of those 8 wins will be against the AFC West, as we sweep the Broncos, Raiders, and Chiefs.

Eight wins sounds about right. And also unfortunate. That's not enough wins to make the playoffs, and not enough losses to have a high draft pick. It's also probably not enough losses to cost Staley and Telesco their jobs. 'Cause you know it will be blamed on the injuries; or the Special Teams coach; or the water boy.

Welcome to the '24 season: Cap Hell and more years of irrelevance.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Not you, of course, no - of course not. But other guys here openly say they can’t have any hope in a future team until after the team wins because past teams have just hurt them too much. They talk endlessly about this past painful trauma and how it shades any view to the future. They are proud of it, ironically unaware. They won’t get any hopes up because they don’t want their hopes let back down.

thats different than just saying “i think the team isn’t good” or “coach is a hack” etc. I tell ya, some of our brothers are shell shocked, PTSD scarred and scared,

you really don’t read any of those posts? Huh … well, ok. Let me just retract that statement then.
                I've got my own issues from the past with this team, but I try to keep a (skeptically) open mind in regards to the future .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The Miami game may have been the most enjoyable game of last season.
                  And the one game where they actually beat a good team???

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

People forget how well our defense was clicking down the stretch...we got caught sleeping vs the Jags...thought we had it in the bag, offense let us down, Jags exploited rookie Jasir when Davis went down...

A little healthier, the defense will be much better...

But as much as I like Staley...he cannot let this team go to sleep like that again...should be helpful with an OC not named Lombardi, also...coulda/shoulda put that game away in any one of 4 or 5 drives...didnt even need to score...just get a couple first downs...

Geez, what am I doing? Now Im pissed all over again, lol...
                    Kinda creeps up on you, doesn't it??

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Yeah, but 6 of those 8 wins will be against the AFC West, as we sweep the Broncos, Raiders, and Chiefs.

Eight wins sounds about right. And also unfortunate. That's not enough wins to make the playoffs, and not enough losses to have a high draft pick. It's also probably not enough losses to cost Staley and Telesco their jobs. 'Cause you know it will be blamed on the injuries; or the Special Teams coach; or the water boy.

Hey now - I'm not responsible . . . . . . . I just provide quality H2O

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

I would think one year of irrelevance 2024. The following year would be tolerable if you just bite the bullet and cut 3-4 expensive players.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                          I project 17-0.

1. It's way early. Rosters aren't set.
                          2. Hard to believe we got worse with a lot of top stars healthy and a proven quality vet OC.
                          3. We have 5 games vs teams with a better 2022 record.

Comment

Working...
                          X