• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northerner
    Charger fan since '79
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    So many eye opening comments from Michael Lombardi.

He says our problem is lack of toughness, and the only thing that is going to work is hiring someone capable of running the whole operation with a whole lot of juice.

With two HOFers, Reid and Payton in our division, Lombardi narrows it to Belichick, Harbaugh or David Shaw.
    BB or Harbaugh would be great. Harbaugh is 1a and BB is 1b for me.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

He says our problem is lack of toughness, and the only thing that is going to work is hiring someone capable of running the whole operation with a whole lot of juice.

With two HOFers, Reid and Payton in our division, Lombardi narrows it to Belichick, Harbaugh or David Shaw.
      What we all have been saying for decades. Also he was a coach here, why didn’t he instill that needed toughness? Other coordinators do regardless of the HC. Lombardi is trash.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

What we all have been saying for decades. Also he was a coach here, why didn’t he instill that needed toughness? Other coordinators do regardless of the HC. Lombardi is trash.
        Michael Lombardi and Joe Lombardi are not the same person.

Just... you know... Sayin'.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Ben Johnson would create a great offense with Herbert, but that would not fix the Chargers problems. They need something more comprehensive, someone strong enough to manage the whole operation. David Shaw from Stanford was mentioned.

This is the essence of what Michael Lombardi had to say about our situation.
          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

I have to say...

It was refreshing to wake up this morning, and have BOTH the Staley Era *and* the Telesco Era getting smaller in my rear view mirror.

Let the healing begin.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Yes, I’ve said this before. The franchise is soft, top to bottom. Especially at the top as Spanos are the softest group of Nepo babies around.

They need that galvanizer.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

The biggest thing I am interested in seeing is, what does “New Vision” mean to Dean Spanos? It’s been a first time HC for the last 3 coaches. Does this actually mean he’s going to go with an experienced HC. And for the record, I do not want BB. He’s 72 and wouldn’t be here too long. The oldest HC I would go with is Harbaugh.

If it is a first time HC, it better be a coach that has a long track record of success wherever he has been, respected in the league, has a bit of an edge and confidence in what they are doing. That’s why Frank Smith, Eric Bieniemy and maybe Rich Bisaccia are the only first time HCs I would be ok with.

Whoever they hire I will always try to get on the wagon. But the “New Vision” comment intrigues me the most.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Did anyone see the shot of John talking to Dean up in the Box at Allegiant ??

It was as though John was babbling away, 'splainin' why he hired Staley...and Dean was FINALLY saying "STFU John ! "

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Huh? Olsen the TE? And...Reddick? Wth would you hire those guys for GM? Lol, commentators to GM... brilliant
                    Mayock will fix it.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Did anyone see the shot of John talking to Dean up in the Box at Allegiant ??

It was as though John was babbling away, 'splainin' why he hired Staley...and Dean was FINALLY saying "STFU John ! "
                      It’s hard for a father to admit his son has failed. After every advantage to succeed was given.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Michael Lombardi and Joe Lombardi are not the same person.

Just... you know... Sayin'.
                        Whoops, thanks!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          Lombardi has no credibility with me. He is a Belicheck sycophant and really embarrassed himself defending joshy in Las vegas during his tenure
                          Plus he was a shitty GM when he had his chances. But, getting info isnt a skill if you have contacts, and he is right, we lack toughness.
                          I just have reservations about hiring a guy who is as old as BB. I know Carrol is 72 but he isnt coming in new, he been there a while and is running around the practice field.
                          Id rather just have Harbaugh is my feeling. Looking at possible GMs resume ive seen posted, Adam Peters is pretty impressive. He has been what JohnBoy is/was and likely better at that than JB is. Take a back seat JohnBoy!

Comment

Working...
                          X