Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Right? A good coach wouldn’t miss a FG, thats just fact. What smoke cannot do is separate a tough loss vs a bad team or bad coaching staff. He thinks there is no way you can lose if not for one or both of those to be true. We know better.

Thats why I’m universally recognized as a wise sage. Yes, even by smoke. i have a gift, I only wish I could impart it, I’d find joy in sharing the blessing
    You don't know better; you know everything. Just ask yourself. LOL!

We have had too many 'tough losses' to attribute to bad luck/other team's good luck; or 'flukey' plays; or the officiating; or injuries. As if no other team in the League has had bad luck; or flukey plays; or been victimized by (what they feel is) bad officiating; or injuries. Nope that shit ONLY happens to the Chargers. Or maybe we're one of the only teams that just can't seem to overcome it, for some reason?

Again (for those that are comprehension challenged): It's not all about the coaching. But our coaching - Turner, McCoy, Lynn, and now Staley - has been particularly bad. Bad game plans; bad game/time management; questionable decisions (like playing our starters last year vs. Denver, for example); poor leadership qualities; inability to make effective in-game adjustments. A big characteristic of Pollyanna-ism is an inability to see the obvious.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

We have had too many 'tough losses' to attribute to bad luck/other team's good luck; or 'flukey' plays; or the officiating; or injuries. As if no other team in the League has had bad luck; or flukey plays; or been victimized by (what they feel is) bad officiating; or injuries. Nope that shit ONLY happens to the Chargers. Or maybe we're one of the only teams that just can't seem to overcome it, for some reason?

Again (for those that are comprehension challenged): It's not all about the coaching. But our coaching - Turner, McCoy, Lynn, and now Staley - has been particularly bad. Bad game plans; bad game/time management; questionable decisions (like playing our starters last year vs. Denver, for example); poor leadership qualities; inability to make effective in-game adjustments. A big characteristic of Pollyanna-ism is an inability to see the obvious.
      it’s WE, not just me. Maniaque sees more broadly. There are others here too, Rich comes to mind. I was just kidding as a joke about your very rude sarcasm. I’m not going to get upset about it, I’ll laugh with it. You can’t get me upset, you’re an absurdity.

Are you rolling all tough losses under all regimes for all years onto Staley’s shoulders? WTF do other teams in other years have to do with him? its not him, its you - your cumulative bitterness for things long before his arrival has poisoned you. Staley has been here two years and has a winning record. He won 10 games last year, that is not “particularly bad”. Thats somewhat good. You lack all perspective.

You think i believe everything is great if i don’t agree with you that everything is bad. I don’t think that, i just think you’re hyperbolic and extreme. Because you are. It’s a good team, its a playoff team. All teams have flaws, not just ours. All coaches have made mistakes, not just Staley. The weakest coach on his team last year imo was Lombo - he’s been upgraded. You thought Lombo was horrible too but you still think they will be worse after replacing him with a guy that has proven to deliver top offenses. Not for any particular reason, you’re just bitter.

I’ve offered you hope, happiness and hugs; you hope that my family loses its home and goes hungry, and you belittle my disability. You’re not a good person bro. Look within.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

it’s WE, not just me. Maniaque sees more broadly. There are others here too, Rich comes to mind. I was just kidding as a joke about your very rude sarcasm. I’m not going to get upset about it, I’ll laugh with it. You can’t get me upset, you’re an absurdity.

Are you rolling all tough losses under all regimes for all years onto Staley’s shoulders? WTF do other teams in other years have to do with him? its not him, its you - your cumulative bitterness for things long before his arrival has poisoned you. Staley has been here two years and has a winning record. He won 10 games last year, that is not “particularly bad”. Thats somewhat good. You lack all perspective.

You think i believe everything is great if i don’t agree with you that everything is bad. I don’t think that, i just think you’re hyperbolic and extreme. Because you are. It’s a good team, its a playoff team. All teams have flaws, not just ours. All coaches have made mistakes, not just Staley. The weakest coach on his team last year imo was Lombo - he’s been upgraded. You thought Lombo was horrible too but you still think they will be worse after replacing him with a guy that has proven to deliver top offenses. Not for any particular reason, you’re just bitter.

I’ve offered you hope, happiness and hugs; you hope that my family loses its home and goes hungry, and you belittle my disability. You’re not a good person bro. Look within.
        Oh get over yourself. Such a pompous ass. You take pleasure in stalking me, even in posts that I haven't made. The 'lose your job' comment was a fucking joke, and you know it, so stop pretending to be victimized. My 'personal trainer' comment was also a joke - or are you the only one who's allowed to be witty on this board? Sorry about your physical disability, of which I wasn't aware of the severity. But you seem very quick to assume that I have an emotional/mental disability, so you can add hypocrite to your long (and getting longer) list of admirable qualities.

You've offered me nothing; your comments are disingenuous, sarcastic, and belittling. Again, you know this, so why the "Poor me!" act? So misunderstood and maligned. Give me a fucking break. And for a person who isn't going to get upset at my absurdity, you seem pretty damned upset.

The HISTORY of losing part of this team's legacy; deeply engrained in the team's collective psyche. Spanos is the king pin behind all the bullshit, and he keeps hiring guys (Turner, McCoy, Lynn, Staley) that fit the same mold: Poor leaders, cheap, spineless, unqualified to be HCs, in over their heads. That's on Spanos. But Staley is no better than his predecessors. He's part of the CULTURE of losing, and has shown nothing in his 2 years here that gives anyone but a Pollyanna hope that something is going to change.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

If anything positive is going to happen in 2023 is when Ansley gets some rookie players to fill in the gaps for inevitable over payment of expensive defensive players that we decide to let go in 2024 anyways. In this case we're paying for Filet Mignon in 2023 and instead get 10 bags of very expensive Doritos.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

If Staley fails us this season and is gone (which better happen if we go downhill this year,screw anymore excuses)then these SpAnus idjits have got to hire Harbaugh or somebody with more experience no matter the damn cost

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
              If anything positive is going to happen in 2023 is when Ansley gets some rookie players to fill in the gaps for inevitable over payment of expensive defensive players that we decide to let go in 2024 anyways. In this case we're paying for Filet Mignon in 2023 and instead get 10 bags of very expensive Doritos.
              Mack is a good Rib Eye, Joey TBD but should be in that area. JCJ- hard to say. Probably a late starter, may finish well. TBD. DJ = Rib Eye.Kendricks = Rib Eye.
              Who we let go in 2024 has no impact on how they play in 2023. It's the opposite.
              How they play as a team is at the heart of the issue. Like Bosa & Mack were obvious. One is better than none. Two for most of the season would elevate everyone more than any one player. Wagyu Filet Mignon then

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                JH3 and Me
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Oh get over yourself. Such a pompous ass. You take pleasure in stalking me, even in posts that I haven't made. The 'lose your job' comment was a fucking joke, and you know it, so stop pretending to be victimized. My 'personal trainer' comment was also a joke - or are you the only one who's allowed to be witty on this board? Sorry about your physical disability, of which I wasn't aware of the severity. But you seem very quick to assume that I have an emotional/mental disability, so you can add hypocrite to your long (and getting longer) list of admirable qualities.

You've offered me nothing; your comments are disingenuous, sarcastic, and belittling. Again, you know this, so why the "Poor me!" act? So misunderstood and maligned. Give me a fucking break. And for a person who isn't going to get upset at my absurdity, you seem pretty damned upset.

The HISTORY of losing part of this team's legacy; deeply engrained in the team's collective psyche. Spanos is the king pin behind all the bullshit, and he keeps hiring guys (Turner, McCoy, Lynn, Staley) that fit the same mold: Poor leaders, cheap, spineless, unqualified to be HCs, in over their heads. That's on Spanos. But Staley is no better than his predecessors. He's part of the CULTURE of losing, and has shown nothing in his 2 years here that gives anyone but a Pollyanna hope that something is going to change.
                There’s no poor me here, I’m blessed. You’re cracking …

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

There’s no poor me here, I’m blessed. You’re cracking …
                  And I'm done with the banter. Lord knows, the Board is beyond done. So, starting now, you're going on Ignore. I really don't need to see/read your posts anymore; we know where we both stand, and there isn't a damned thing we can say that will make either of us change our minds. Plus, this has degraded into a pissing contest. I'm so over it.

May I respectfully suggest you put me on Ignore as well. Or don't. I really don't give a shit either way. Adios.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    JH3 and Me
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

And I'm done with the banter. Lord knows, the Board is beyond done. So, starting now, you're going on Ignore. I really don't need to see/read your posts anymore; we know where we both stand, and there isn't a damned thing we can say that will make either of us change our minds. Plus, this has degraded into a pissing contest. I'm so over it.

May I respectfully suggest you put me on Ignore as well. Or don't. I really don't give a shit either way. Adios.
                    Lol Bullies hate to be challenged

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Lol Bullies hate to be challenged
                      C'mon dmac - pot & kettle here. Let's move on . . . . .

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Mack is a good Rib Eye, Joey TBD but should be in that area. JCJ- hard to say. Probably a late starter, may finish well. TBD. DJ = Rib Eye.Kendricks = Rib Eye.
                        Who we let go in 2024 has no impact on how they play in 2023. It's the opposite.
                        How they play as a team is at the heart of the issue. Like Bosa & Mack were obvious. One is better than none. Two for most of the season would elevate everyone more than any one player. Wagyu Filet Mignon then
                        Next season that Mignon is $74 million and one of them has to go...if bother were cut it still would cost us $37 mil for NO players....wimpy wimpy wimpy...I'll gladly pay you next Tuesday for a burger today!
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Lol. What took you so long? Before you were quick to do that. Maybe the slower life where you moved too?
                          You didnt even put Chain on ignore and I did. He was my first ever.

Comment

Working...
                          X