• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    I have always liked Biasaccia and he was on the head coach list around the time he was charger ST coach. I think what he did with Raiders in 2020 was phenomenal
    I made the comparison of Bisaccia to Bruce Arians. Arians was an Assistant in the NFL for 25+ years, 10+ years in college and many years as an OC before moving to Indy and because of the Pagano cancer, was put in the job and took the team to the playoffs with a rookie QB, Andrew Luck - went to the Cardinals and Bucs - had great success

Bisaccia had closer to 20 years in college before moving to the NFL in 2002 - and he also was thrust into the head coach with the Raiders with the Gruden situation , Ruggs was arrested and I think one other player - so a lot going on and he took them to the playoffs

So maybe having that kind of experience helped both Arians and Bisaccia handle those situations in Indy and Raiders. I think Bisaccia would be a good solid hire though basically a 'first time"

Comment

• Berserker76
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

I have always liked Biasaccia and he was on the head coach list around the time he was charger ST coach. I think what he did with Raiders in 2020 was phenomenal
      Biasaccia will one day become a HC, and he will be a good one. Many teams next year will be looking at the "young" and "hot" coaching candidates, of which he is not. Hope we give him a serious look when the time comes, as he would probably fit within the Spanos budget.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I made the comparison of Bisaccia to Bruce Arians. Arians was an Assistant in the NFL for 25+ years, 10+ years in college and many years as an OC before moving to Indy and because of the Pagano cancer, was put in the job and took the team to the playoffs with a rookie QB, Andrew Luck - went to the Cardinals and Bucs - had great success

Bisaccia had closer to 20 years in college before moving to the NFL in 2002 - and he also was thrust into the head coach with the Raiders with the Gruden situation , Ruggs was arrested and I think one other player - so a lot going on and he took them to the playoffs

So maybe having that kind of experience helped both Arians and Bisaccia handle those situations in Indy and Raiders. I think Bisaccia would be a good solid hire though basically a 'first time"
        I like the cut of his jib

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Biasaccia will one day become a HC, and he will be a good one. Many teams next year will be looking at the "young" and "hot" coaching candidates, of which he is not. Hope we give him a serious look when the time comes, as he would probably fit within the Spanos budget.
          He and Bieniemy are two on my list that would be first timers but have some experience behind them

Who was the manager for the team that won the World Series - the Texas Rangers? Oh yeah, a retread named Bruce Bochy. Maybe there is something to experience

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

I think Payton gets $20m per. And McDaniels was getting $10M, I think? Surprisingly, Ried, Tomlin, the other Harbaugh, make $12M. McVay $14M. Shanarat Jr $10M

Belicheck or Harbaugh will be in the $20M a year range. Just like a top QB gets $50M a year. And the top coaches want guarantees and 5- 6 year minimum contracts. That is just the way it is. Even Spanii know this.

A Moore or Johnson are still going to be $7-10M a year. The days of less than that, even for unproven first timers, are over.

PS - for context, Harbaugh signed a 5 year, $35.7M contract with Michigan last year and he made about $10M in 2022. So he can get a nice raise coming back to NFL and maybe $15-18M would do it especially since he is radio active in NCAA now.

TG
            Which means he wont be comin to our team and helpin us win a Superbowl.SpAnus=cheap.....and stupid.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Which means he wont be comin to our team and helpin us win a Superbowl.SpAnus=cheap.....and stupid.
              I wonder if there is data out there of how much extra revenue a team gets for 1) making the playoffs 2) making a Super Bowl that would show winning does mean money...

Granted, I am sure Deano is fine with his share of the revenue since he probably gets by pretty well without having to work too hard or be succesful

Just show how a guy like Peter Seidler, putting the money into the Padres -- probably ticked off many owners in MLB as they don't want to put the economic investment in

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Shmucks
                Screenshot_20231116-113501_Brave.jpg

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Wait a minute....are you saying you don't admire the Spanos family?
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                    I like how the picture captures their unified focus - clearly can see a team all going in the same direction with the same vision
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Wait a minute....are you saying you don't admire the Spanos family?
                      Just read an article from Joe Sheehan writing about Peter Seidler and John Fisher. Fisher owns the Oakland, soon to be Vegas A's - has done nothing to keep the team competitive, hasn't spent money. Was born into the family that owns the Gap. Seidler of course was born into wealth but spend massively on the Padres

The last line was great: "Both were born on 3rd base. One stole home. The other just stole money" -- or something along those lines.

Spanos was born into wealth and acts more like John Fisher than peter Seidler

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                        Spanos was born into wealth
                        He wasn't born into it. His dad, Alex, hadn't made the family fortune yet when Dean was born in 1950. Alex made his fortune in the '60s and '70s. Dean had no part of that though. He inherited everything he has, which is to your point.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

I don't want it to go unsaid that the Spanos family has been very generous philanthropically, most of that coming from the old man, Alex. He funded a cardiology center at Mercy Hospital here in Sacramento where I have received treatment and rehabilitated after some heart procedures. He funded the renovation of Sac State's football stadium and built a campus sports complex here also.

https://www.dignityhealth.org/sacram...ascular-center

a-general-overall-aerial-view-of-the-track-and-football-field-at-hornet-stadium-on-the-campus-of-california-state-university-sacramento-saturday-dec-24-2022-in-sacramento-calif-the-stadium-is-the-home-of-the-sacramento-state-hornets-football-team-kirby-le zz0.fwfw2uvc2okzz
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X