Lol

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Bills TEs have 46 receptions. We have 34. So looks like we don't use our TEs. that much.
        Bills have played 8 games vs our 7 so that comes out to the Bills TEs catching 5.75 passes per game vs 4.85 passes per game. Charger TEs have caught 6 TD passes vs 3 for the Bills TEs. We use ours in the redone a lot more.

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Bills have played 8 games vs our 7 so that comes out to the Bills TEs catching 5.75 passes per game vs 4.85 passes per game. Charger TEs have caught 6 TD passes vs 3 for the Bills TEs. We use ours in the redone a lot more.
          As I have already pointed out.

But as you just pointed out the Bills use their TEs more than we do. Thanks for confirmation.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

As I have already pointed out.

But as you just pointed out the Bills use their TEs more than we do. Thanks for confirmation.
            Yes, .9 catches per game more.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I never owned a Charger, but I did own five Mustangs - two '66s, a '67, a '69 and a '70. The first three had the small block 289s. The '69 had a 302, the same 5.0 liter they put in today's Mustangs. It was same block as the 289, slightly bigger bore. The '70 had a 351 Cleveland. It only had a 2 bbl carb, but it was still a rocket. When I was a boy, one Christmas I got a full size slot car racing set with two '66 Dodge Chargers, the first generation fast back. I wish I still had that set.
              351 Cleveland is an engine with bad intentions. Although I am a Mopar guy I love all the old classic cars. 289 was also a beast of an engine.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

351 Cleveland is an engine with bad intentions. Although I am a Mopar guy I love all the old classic cars. 289 was also a beast of an engine.
                When I was in high school I had a Cougar with a 351 Cleveland in it. I bought from a Marine who had just spent a ton of money on it (balanced and blueprinted, added a Holly 4 bbl carb, Hurst shifter, glass pack muffler) and got transferred overseas. Way, way too much car for a stupid 17 year old to be driving. I am honestly shocked I survived. I sure wish I had kept onto that car.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I could talk early muscle cars and builds for days. I ran at the Ramona NHRA drags in the early 60s. My favorite that I owned: '64 GTO 389 tri power, balanced and blueprinted, headers, 4 spd and dynoed. Beautiful street legal car that really moved.
                  My drag car was a '56 Chev 235 six, 3 spd F Gas that ran @14 flat. Close to Nat'l class record. I got drafted before I finished it. Went MC after I got home.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I’m just wondering why Knox has less reception/TDs than Everrett if he was TE1 and holding back Kincaid.
                    the point is that he is a good enough TE to be taking some looks and snaps away from a rookie TE learning in his first few games in the NFL. Knox is every bit as good as Everett. You think Everett wouldn't get snaps if we had a rookie TE in his first 8 NFL games??

Yet unlike QJ, Kincaid showed well enough to force his way on the field and EARN HIS QBS TRUST so that he has doubled the veteran TEs receptions and now will really hit stride in the second half of the season. QJ has not exactly forced looks and passes away from Josh Palmer, until Palmer hurt his knee and could barely walk that is.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

the point is that he is a good enough TE to be taking some looks and snaps away from a rookie TE learning in his first few games in the NFL. Knox is every bit as good as Everett. You think Everett wouldn't get snaps if we had a rookie TE in his first 8 NFL games??

Yet unlike QJ, Kincaid showed well enough to force his way on the field and EARN HIS QBS TRUST so that he has doubled the veteran TEs receptions and now will really hit stride in the second half of the season. QJ has not exactly forced looks and passes away from Josh Palmer, until Palmer hurt his knee and could barely walk that is.
                      The point is that QJ was WR4 while Kincaid was only TE2. Two TE sets are also more common than four WR set.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

The Chargers add TE Nick Vannett from the PS to the roster. I'm glad they've replaced McKitty with a veteran. Vannett, aka "Baby Gronk," is 6-5/257 a 30 year old 7 year veteran out of Ohio State. He was signed to the Chargers' PS just before the season started. He has played for SEA, PITT, DEN, NOR & NYG. Though he is primarily a blocker, he does have 90 career receptions, 874 yds, 6 TDs.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I think so as well, I think we are just beginning to see his best. He has taken full advantage of having Keenan Allen as a teammate, and that has helped him elevate his game. Palmer talks about how has tried to learn everything he can from Keenan, and Keenan talks about it too, how Palmer has soaked up everything Allen has to teach him.

Palmer was the 11th WR drafted in 2021 at #77. The first WR taken in that draft, Ja'Marr Chase (5), Jalen Waddle (6) and DeVonta Smith (10), have been more productive than Palmer. But Palmer has out-played the other 7 who were drafted ahead of him.

AmonRa St. Brown was drafted in the 4th round and was the 17th WR taken in 2021. He's out-performed Palmer, the only WR from that class to make the Pro Bowl besides Chase. The Lions got a 1st round talent in the 4th round.

Simi Fehoko was the 22nd WR drafted in 2021, in the 5th round.
                          Does Brown play inside and outside?

Comment

Working...
                          X