• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

It appears to me, many, many posters are making spicy predictions
    predicated upon the next two games on our schedule.

Are you sure you have a handle on what direction our defense is trending towards ?
    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• cmplxgal
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • New Jersey
      • Send PM

BTW, the Chargers had to cut DL Christopher Hinton to make room for Bassey because the Jackson trade won't be official until tomorrow afternoon according to Popper.

​

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        It appears to me, many, many posters are making spicy predictions
        predicated upon the next two games on our schedule.

Are you sure you have a handle on what direction our defense is trending towards ?

Yep . . . . . . . . . . . the good offenses eat us up, the bad offenses give us a chance. Or do you think because we had great stats in the Raider game that our defense is trending up? Because I don't think it shows anything of the sort . . . . . . . . . .

Dallas and KC are both 'good' offenses, with KC's better . . . . . . . . the real problem with both of these teams is that they are much more balanced than we are - our offense will not have the luxury of playing against a poor defense, and our defense will not have the luxury of playing against a poor offense. The only team of the 4 we've played this year I'd consider 'balanced' was Miami . . . . . . and we know how well we fared in that game.

Can we beat both of these teams - of course, but we'll have to play well on BOTH sides of the ball, and Staley's not going to have any latitude for errors . . . . . . . neither of which we've been able to do this year.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
          [/U][/B]

Yep . . . . . . . . . . . the good offenses eat us up, the bad offenses give us a chance. Or do you think because we had great stats in the Raider game that our defense is trending up? Because I don't think it shows anything of the sort . . . . . . . . . .

Dallas and KC are both 'good' offenses, with KC's better . . . . . . . . the real problem with both of these teams is that they are much more balanced than we are - our offense will not have the luxury of playing against a poor defense, and our defense will not have the luxury of playing against a poor offense. The only team of the 4 we've played this year I'd consider 'balanced' was Miami . . . . . . and we know how well we fared in that game.

Can we beat both of these teams - of course, but we'll have to play well on BOTH sides of the ball, and Staley's not going to have any latitude for errors . . . . . . . neither of which we've been able to do this year.
          Ok.
          But I am gonna let these next two to four games play out.
          This fan is seeing certain things developing.
          This is a developing story.
          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Ok.
            Of course - and it would be great to win most of them . . . . . . . . . . but this fan sees developments also. I doubt we're seeing things the same . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I can't decide if the D is just too complicated for the players, Staley doesn't teach it very well, our players are dumber than stumps or some combination of all but it just seems like we are always have one or two players break down on way too many plays and get kill because of it.
              the problem is that the players don't believe in what staley is selling, either the game plans he comes up with or the way he leads them behind the scenes or probably both...
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Did he actually say that?! LOL! There were 7 games LAST WEEK where the margin of victory was at least 3 TDs. And a couple that were in the high teens. Now, if he said "All games in the NFL that *I* coach are close", that's believable.
                Since 2000, slightly more than 50% of all games have been decided by one score, for whatever that is worth.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Of course - and it would be great to win most of them . . . . . . . . . . but this fan sees developments also. I doubt we're seeing things the same . . . . . . . .
                  It's not like we have a choice but to ride it out. No way they are firing Staley mid-season so he has 13 games left to prove himself or we start the purge.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                    BTW, the Chargers had to cut DL Christopher Hinton to make room for Bassey because the Jackson trade won't be official until tomorrow afternoon according to Popper.

​
                    hey, at least we have covington there to save the day if needed, LOL...cutting up and coming talent for these older DL guys that staley can't seem to live without, what a flippin' joke...
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

It's not like we have a choice but to ride it out. No way they are firing Staley mid-season so he has 13 games left to prove himself or we start the purge.
                      he's already done that, he's already proven he's not an NFL caliber HC...staley is a done deal, this is just a waste of everyone's time, there's a reason that there have been even fewer charger fans than normal at games this year, even the diehards smell the shit from a mile away and it shows, it's ludicrous that a team with a top 5 NFL talent under center can't fill 1/3 of it's own home stadium early in the season before things have gone completely haywire record wise...I have a feeling that a few charger games will get flexed out of prime time this year...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Ok.
                        please enlighten me as to what these developments are, either I've completely lost touch with my life long football experience/knowledge or I'm simply not capable of selling myself on what you have convinced yourself of...

My only hope is that this Spanos nightmare ends before yet another top notch QB wastes away under their ownership...

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

he's already done that, he's already proven he's not an NFL caliber HC...staley is a done deal, this is just a waste of everyone's time, there's a reason that there have been even fewer charger fans than normal at games this year, even the diehards smell the shit from a mile away and it shows, it's ludicrous that a team with a top 5 NFL talent under center can't fill 1/3 of it's own home stadium early in the season before things have gone completely haywire record wise...I have a feeling that a few charger games will get flexed out of prime time this year...
                          Why watch the games then? It's a waste of time to obsess over something that isn't going to happen on people's terms who bash him. There's plenty of fans who still go to the games.

The game against the Bears is likely going to be flexed out. Chicago is bad. Justin Fields sucks, he's the typical scrambling QB.

Comment

Working...
                          X