• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I don't think QJ is ready to be the WR2, but I think Palmer will suffice. It's early for both QJ and DD, but playing time will help. I'd wish the running game would work without Ekeler though, that would help a great deal with doubling up on Keenan. Parham is going to be vital for the Red Zone, too,
    This, Palmer is the next man up, he's got the experience and has been the guy before...QJ might get a few more looks but he won't get MWs type of a workload, not necessary...also I'm wondering if button is getting close to coming back? his return couldn't come at a better time with MW heading to IR...they might promote Doss for the next game and start ramping up guyton for his eventual return...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

Losing MWill so early in the season is a big loss. I don't think Palmer or QJ can quite fill his shoes.
      Hopefully QJ can show that he can considering where he was drafted.
      Palmer quietly had a really nice season last year when he was needed, why does everyone over look the kid? IMO, he's proven himself a solid WR...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

My God, look at that throwing motion.
        Yeah - it's not pretty, and QB coaches around the world are probably cringing, but you can't argue with the results (and that motion served PR quite well).

Comment

• rensoul
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Palmer quietly had a really nice season last year when he was needed, why does everyone over look the kid? IMO, he's proven himself a solid WR...
          He's solid but skill wise I don't think he's going to draw double coverage as often as MWill did which means more double coverage is likely to go towards KA moving forward.

Palmer is almost like a hybrid player of a worse KA/MWill combined skill set.

A solid player, but I've yet to see a dynamic one, hopefully with this opportunity he can show that he is.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            I guess QJ will be asked to step in for Mike now. I doubt he'll be able to fill Mikes shoes right away. Un til he proves himself, expect a lot of doubling on KA.
            Yep . . . . . . . . we're going to see just how creative Moore is now . . . . . . . and JH is going to have to look for other receivers besides KA, because opposing DC's are going to take him away until we show we can win with someone else . . . . . . . We need Eck back badly.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

I'm a big fan of Mack, I've watched most of his games in his career but he's playing nowhere near a 20 mil plus caliber edge, that is elite player salary. If you compare his production and influence on games to players like TJ Watt, Crosby, Nick Bosa, Garrett, Parsons etc. it's not there.

Finding an edge that isn't getting home against the pass but is able to set the edge against the run is the type of veteran player you can find for under 5 mil like Clelin Ferrell with SF or develop with a 3rd of 4th round draft pick.
              Or KVN . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Calling Chaincrusher for a rebuttal . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Calling Chaincrusher for a rebuttal . . . . . . . . . . .
                  Don't need Chaincrusher. This is an easy one. Palmer has a completely different skill set than MW. If you want closer to a MW skill set that would be QJ, not Palmer.

Palmer is next on the depth chart. But I think the coaches should take into consideration who we are playing and make the appropriate decision. Can change from down to
                  down depending on the situation.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

He's solid but skill wise I don't think he's going to draw double coverage as often as MWill did which means more double coverage is likely to go towards KA moving forward.

Palmer is almost like a hybrid player of a worse KA/MWill combined skill set.

A solid player, but I've yet to see a dynamic one, hopefully with this opportunity he can show that he is.
                    Agree - he is solid but nobody is fearing or game planning to take away Palmer. He is a complimentary receiver. QJ is reportedly still pretty raw so he'll be force fed into action. I'm just glad we have guys like him, Davis and in a week Guyton as depth instead of the junk we trotted out last year.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

And into the fire goes Q...he should be well tempered by seasons end...hopefully shows out sooner than later...

I like Slayer,Q, and Palmer as a group, with D for some speed now and then...my only big concern is depth...hopefully these guys can stay healthy, or it could turn ugly...I like Mike, but he rarely is a gamechanger by himself...yes, there are some big plays and big games sprinkled throughout his career...but outside of the 50/50 ball, a play I hate anyway, he is "just good" at most anything else...he isnt dhop or megatron...Herbie still has plenty of tools to play with...again, provided we can dodge the injury bug...for once...
                      Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• rensoul
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                        And into the fire goes Q...he should be well tempered by seasons end...hopefully shows out sooner than later...

I like Slayer,Q, and Palmer as a group, with D for some speed now and then...my only big concern is depth...hopefully these guys can stay healthy, or it could turn ugly...I like Mike, but he rarely is a gamechanger by himself...yes, there are some big plays and big games sprinkled throughout his career...but outside of the 50/50 ball, a play I hate anyway, he is "just good" at most anything else...he isnt dhop or megatron...Herbie still has plenty of tools to play with...again, provided we can dodge the injury bug...for once...
                        His impact goes beyond the stat sheet. When he's out there he draws double coverage often and when he's not that double coverage goes to KA because none of the other guys are really all that proven.

That makes it harder to throw to KA, which puts more pressure on the other guys to perform.
                        Losing MW is a big deal.
                        Hopefully QJ and Palmer can take advantage of the opportunity.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I agree on your take on MW's contributions, but other teams have to account for him because they never know when he'll go off. Pray (hard) that KA stays healthy - it would be nice if he didn't have to carry as much of the load as he did yesterday . . . . . . . . . not sure how he can stay healthy all year getting 20 some odd targets a game . . . . . . that's a lot of wear and tear . . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X