• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

He opened my eyes on a few plays against the Titans last week. He was constantly in the backfield on top of Tannehill for awhile. Bosa got credit for at least one sack that Tuli created the opportunity for, and I think he got credit for half a sack.
    He and Kenneth Murray were our best defensive players. Tuli is a big strong kid with some burst. We may have found a real one

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Thus far, overall, I think Herbert was doing better when Lombardi was OC, tho that’s not saying much.
      Actually JH set records with Lombardi. LAC's run game is much stronger with Moore. JH 10 has become the king of 3 & out when we need points for the win in the closing minutes.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Thus far, overall, I think Herbert was doing better when Lombardi was OC, tho that’s not saying much.
        In the first two games of the Lombardi era, the Chargers scored a total of 37 points.

In the Kellen Moore era, the Chargers scored 34 points in the first game alone, and 58 points total over two games.

In the first two games of the Lombardi era, Herbert threw for 675 yds on 88 attempts, 2 TDs, 3 INTs and had a 86.2 passer rating.

In the first two games of the Moore era, Herbert has thrown for 534 yds on 74 attempts, 3 TDs, no INTs with a 102.0 rating.

If you feel Herbert was better under Lombardi after two games, I'm sure you have your reasons, but I can't figure out what they are.

Additionally:

In the first two games of the Lombardi era, the Chargers' defense gave up a total of 36 pts.

In the Moore era, the Chargers' gave up 36 pts in the first game alone, and 63 pts total over two games.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

In the first two games of the Lombardi era, the Chargers scored a total of 37 points.

In the Kellen Moore era, the Chargers scored 34 points in the first game alone, and 58 points total over two games.

In the first two games of the Lombardi era, Herbert threw for 675 yds on 88 attempts, 2 TDs, 3 INTs and had a 86.2 passer rating.

In the first two games of the Moore era, Herbert has thrown for 534 yds on 74 attempts, 3 TDs, no INTs with a 102.0 rating.

If you feel Herbert was better under Lombardi after two games, I'm sure you have your reasons, but I can't figure out what they are.

Additionally:

In the first two games of the Lombardi era, the Chargers' defense gave up a total of 36 pts.

In the Moore era, the Chargers' gave up 36 pts in the first game alone, and 63 pts total over two games.
          My reason is 3 & out with a chance to win at crunch time. 100% under Moore.
          Didn't he make a play once in a while with Lombardi?

Comment

• SDBORN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

My reason is 3 & out with a chance to win at crunch time. 100% under Moore.
            Didn't he make a play once in a while with Lombardi?
            So far a recurring theme this season. Either with the game on the line, or an opportunity to make it a 2 score lead - Chargers have been failing miserably in those situations for the most part.

I know it's only been 2 games - but things need to change this weekend. It's only game 3 but already close to do or die for the season outlook.

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Additionally:

First two games are not an indication of Lombardi's first year. Herbert threw for over 5000 yards and 38 TDs that year. Best year for Herbert to date by far.

We're going to have to wait for Moore. First game Miami gave us the run and we took it. Second game we couldn't run and Moore went for the pass.
              Neither game has set any kind of standard for this offensive identity. It looks to me that Moore is going to take what the defense gives him.

Question is going to be when the tough gets going is Moore innovative enough in his play calling. Clearly Lombardi wasn't and that was his downfall.
              So far in situations where we needed the offense to win the game, in particular against the Titans we have failed. I'm not going to go there with Miami,
              except to say we did have the ball last with 1:45 to go in Q4.

Comment

• rensoul
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

Additionally:

Yea, I know the offense hasn't been perfect but I have a hard time criticizing the offense when they are averaging 29 ppg. Last season KC scored 29.2 ppg and that was good enough for 1st in the league.

Right now, the team's offense ranks 6th in the league in ppg. It's a shame that this team isn't at least 1-1 with that kind of production and would be if the defense was even half way competent the past two weeks.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

^
                  who the f you talkin about?

I think last year’s WR class was a crappy one. Also, big tall WR’s like the Chargers have may be on their way out.

Heh, Guyton is tall (not chisled) but had speed.
                  Guyton is not a reason any O will succeed or tank. 3rd worst in the league at getting off the LOS means like 8 out of 10 times he lines up he’s a non-factor. A lot of bottom of the roster WRs have this issue, not really a thing, just reality.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Additionally:

Good analysis...in other words, MOORE >>> LOMBOZO

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Guyton is not a reason any O will succeed or tank. 3rd worst in the league at getting off the LOS means like 8 out of 10 times he lines up he’s a non-factor. A lot of bottom of the roster WRs have this issue, not really a thing, just reality.
                      You're right but I can't help but wonder what a defense would do if we put Guyton, QJ, and DD in at WR on the same play?
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

You're right but I can't help but wonder what a defense would do if we put Guyton, QJ, and DD in at WR on the same play?
                        Now THAT'S an alignment I'd like to see...who u gonna cover?

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Additionally:

You made fantastic points. But the negative Nancy's want to point out Herbert's best 2 games under Lombo vs his first games under Moore (with no preseason I might add).

Comment

Working...
                          X