• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Everyone assumes John Spanos is meddling with everything but we have no objective proof that he is. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of this pervasive nepotism.

The simplest explanation is that TT is a bad GM and Staley is a bad head coach. That's it.

And in Telesco's case...we have ELEVEN YEARS of data to back that up. Aside from some random playoff appearances, his teams all look and play the same, as you pointed out. Soft, injured, can't stop the run, can't limit big plays, etc. Oh, he's done a great job forming an identity - a losing one.
    I'm holding out hope that the athletic director position at Notre Dame will open up and Telesco will leave us to take it.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      One man's opinion but I thought Popper was out of line with Staley. I can appreciate aggressive journalism when there's an apparent purpose or intention, but imo he was just trolling.

Here's my suggestion to The Athletic:

Hi, I'm a frustrated Chargers fan. We're 0-2. What's worse is that our beat writer Daniel Popper thinks it's appropriate to ask our head coach useless, provoking questions without a genuine reporting interest. I only subscribe to read his writings on the team. If anyone values my subscription and perhaps a few other subscribers that share my sentiment, please be aware that my cancellation will be directly due to another unprofessional Popper shot at Staley. I don't need another distraction, from a media member making things more difficult for Staley. I'm sure Daniel feels he bought himself a bit of credibility among the drones of Staley-haters, and perhaps he did, but imo it was classless and unnecessary. Please ask Popper to do better. Sincerely
      What was the useless question?

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
        The nFl is accusing g the NFLPA of encouraging RBs to sit out if they are anything short of 100%.

Not saying Ekeler is doing this but he’s played through injury before.

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The nFl is accusing g the NFLPA of encouraging RBs to sit out if they are anything short of 100%.

Not saying Ekeler is doing this but he’s played through injury before.
          If he keeps it up then he won’t see his incentives.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Vs TEN, there was at least one play where Herbert checked out of a play that, by all appearances, would have been successful.

It is reasonable to presume Herbert will click better with Moore and get better results.
            Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

One man's opinion but I thought Popper was out of line with Staley. I can appreciate aggressive journalism when there's an apparent purpose or intention, but imo he was just trolling.

Hi, I'm a frustrated Chargers fan. We're 0-2. What's worse is that our beat writer Daniel Popper thinks it's appropriate to ask our head coach useless, provoking questions without a genuine reporting interest. I only subscribe to read his writings on the team. If anyone values my subscription and perhaps a few other subscribers that share my sentiment, please be aware that my cancellation will be directly due to another unprofessional Popper shot at Staley. I don't need another distraction, from a media member making things more difficult for Staley. I'm sure Daniel feels he bought himself a bit of credibility among the drones of Staley-haters, and perhaps he did, but imo it was classless and unnecessary. Please ask Popper to do better. Sincerely
              Im not worried about these questions...and not worried about Staleys reaction...in fact, Im encouraged...he should be pissed, at himself, his staff, and the players...I hope the whole team is pissed off and frustrated...the way we turn this thing around is to pick up a big ol' chip, put it on our shoulders, and go looking for some payback...(in a disciplned fashion, of course)

Angry Coach Staley is one we have not seen...and maybe just what this team needs...

Ya'll can fantasize all you want about the next HC and/or GM...but if it happens, it wont be this year...my interest is in THIS season, until we are mathematically eliminated...
              Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

I have to wonder if the "Media QB" blast is getting in Justin Herbert's head right now.

I am expecting results to improve very soon.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Im not worried about these questions...and not worried about Staleys reaction...in fact, Im encouraged...he should be pissed, at himself, his staff, and the players...I hope the whole team is pissed off and frustrated...the way we turn this thing around is to pick up a big ol' chip, put it on our shoulders, and go looking for some payback...(in a disciplned fashion, of course)

Angry Coach Staley is one we have not seen...and maybe just what this team needs...

Ya'll can fantasize all you want about the next HC and/or GM...but if it happens, it wont be this year...my interest is in THIS season, until we are mathematically eliminated...
                  I'm not either. Ask the hard questions. We all want to know......and I don't even know what he asked him but Staley needs his feet held to the fire, he sucks.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-19-2023, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Daniel Popper is coming accross as a snarky NY beat writer right now.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      Daniel Popper is coming across as a snarky NY beat writer right now.
                      We've seen two years of Staley's habits in team management and they aren't good. Going into the third season and seeing more of the same will get you justified criticism.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

We've lost our last four games dating back to last season, starting with Staley's decision to play his starters deep into a game we had nothing to gain from in playoff position. We followed that up with a blown 27-0 lead in his first playoff game and are now 0-2 when at the very least we should be 1-1. Even if he doesn't like it, Staley is going to be asked questions about the playoff collapse under these circumstances. His reaction to Popper's question showed that the playoff collapse still does have an effect on him.

Dealing with tough questions like that is unfortunately part of Staley's job as a $4 million head coach. Deal with it, Brandon.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'm not either. Ask the hard questions. We all want to know......and I don't even know what he asked him but Staley needs his feet held to take fire, he sucks.
                          Two games last night on MNF. Saints and Steelers. Two teams over the last 15 years - won a Super Bowl each; were competitive, Saints are in cap hell every year; Steelers managed around Big Ben
                          and yet with Mickey Loomis, Kevin Colbert and now Omar Khan as GMs for the respective teams. Coaches were Payton to Allen and of course Tomlin, there is a consistency to their programs

The defenses - players change but results are the same. ESpecially in Pittsburgh

and this is something Telesco has never been on the same page as his coach. Hell the same book. The defenses are inconsisent and never an identity. 4-3, 3-4; whatever the hell staley plays two DT, Bosa and Mack, two LBs, 5 DBs

whatever it is - its just a bunch of players thrown together from what I can tell

The Chargers supposedly hired a defensive guy and he stinks at it. So between substandard player personnel and a terrible Defensive coach - the results are the results

Comment

Working...
                          X