• gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    Before the season started I sure never expected them
    to be 0-2
    I'm Ok with firing Staley if we go 0-3 next week. This guy is ill prepared to manage an NFL pro team. We are consistently losing games we shouldn't.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Before the season started I sure never expected them
      to be 0-2
      You and dmac need to put your heads together and tell us when the 'flip' will occur . . . . . . . . . . looking forward to it . . . . . . !

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

You and dmac need to put your heads together and tell us when the 'flip' will occur . . . . . . . . . . looking forward to it . . . . . . !
        The answer is: when we get a hard-nose HC.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Good answer!!! So - next year then?? (MAYBE)

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Roo - I know you go back what - sixty years or so as a fan, You have see as much or more than anybody

I really started with the end of the Prothro era and the Coryell era. FWIW - Prothro had a couple of draft classes the current GM or front office could only dream about. But I digress
            yuo have seen a lot of rookie head coaches work for the Chargers. I have too - too many coaches - -Al Saunders, Kevin Gilbride, Mike Riley (though he was a HC in college), McCoy Lynn, and now Staley. All were let go without success

Two names come to mind: Boss Ross and Marty Schottenheimer

As time goes by, and I realize the two playoff losses to the Jets and Patriots were terrible - but give me a Marty Schottenheimer type at the end of the day. The teams got better, they were prepared and he coached up his teams

I am not sure who that is - -only one name comes to mind right now - thats Dan Quinn. Chargers would never pay for Harbaugh - but I would take that sumb**ch in a new york minute!

Only other guy in college I might take a flyer on is Chip Kelly but that ship sailed.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Roo - I know you go back what - sixty years or so as a fan, You have see as much or more than anybody

I really started with the end of the Prothro era and the Coryell era. FWIW - Prothro had a couple of draft classes the current GM or front office could only dream about. But I digress
              yuo have seen a lot of rookie head coaches work for the Chargers. I have too - too many coaches - -Al Saunders, Kevin Gilbride, Mike Riley (though he was a HC in college), McCoy Lynn, and now Staley. All were let go without success

Two names come to mind: Boss Ross and Marty Schottenheimer

As time goes by, and I realize the two playoff losses to the Jets and Patriots were terrible - but give me a Marty Schottenheimer type at the end of the day. The teams got better, they were prepared and he coached up his teams

I am not sure who that is - -only one name comes to mind right now - thats Dan Quinn. Chargers would never pay for Harbaugh - but I would take that sumb**ch in a new york minute!

Only other guy in college I might take a flyer on is Chip Kelly but that ship sailed.
              The thing you didn't say is - none of those rookie coaches did well. Not one!
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Chargers bye week is right after the Raiders game. If we aren't at least 1-3 by the Bye week I'm good with canning Staley. The Chances have dropped precipitously with an 0-4 start and losing to a very average Raider team. If we can't beat the Raiders in game 4 we can't beat any playoff team and are wasting the rest of the season.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  JH3 and Me
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

The Flip is next week. Either the L flips to W or the HC flips to end of bench water boy. Something’s gotta flip soon!
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                    Chargers bye week is right after the Raiders game. If we aren't at least 1-3 by the Bye week I'm good with canning Staley. The Chances have dropped precipitously with an 0-4 start and losing to a very average Raider team. If we can't beat the Raiders in game 4 we can't beat any playoff team and are wasting the rest of the season.

The only game I see them maybe winning in the first 6 games is the Raiders. I wouldn’t even be surprised if they lost that game. So they will either be 1-5 or 0-6. If that is the case, Staley has got to be fired.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

The Flip is next week. Either the L flips to W or the HC flips to end of bench water boy. Something’s gotta flip soon!
                      No way the next year Chargers will be better then this year.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Lids????? Wait - that's already underway for us fans . . . . . . .

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Chargers opened with 2 teams that they beat last season in consecutive weeks and lost to both in consecutive weeks. In the same order.

Comment

Working...
                          X