• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Goals this season in addition/on the road to winning the Super Bowl: Sweep the division, beat the Chiefs a third time in the playoffs.
    Just beat them the 3rd time !

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

No Chargers fan wants Herbert to be Lamar Jackson or Justin Fields and expose himself too much to injury. But he can burn defenses with his legs and I'd like for him to do it a little more often to tire out the opposing defense and give it one more thing it has to defend against.
      Agreed. Even Josh Allen's style is way too risky.
      Herbert never gets greedy.
      His running ability can be very dangerous.
      Ala Rosebowl.
      Darius "4.36" Davis
      top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP Magic Number 1

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Agreed. Even Josh Allen's style is way too risky.
        Herbert never gets greedy.
        His running ability can be very dangerous.
        Ala Rosebowl.
        Agreed. Allen as been very effective on designed runs. He runs over people. But if they continue to use him in that capacity he will get injured. It only takes one injury to kill a season.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

No Chargers fan wants Herbert to be Lamar Jackson or Justin Fields and expose himself too much to injury. But he can burn defenses with his legs and I'd like for him to do it a little more often to tire out the opposing defense and give it one more thing it has to defend against.
          Exactly. Mahomes does it very well. He only does it when it is safe and it is a back breaker, as we well know. I don’t think we need designed runs for Herbert, just need him to let it loose when the opportunity is there

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Exactly. Mahomes does it very well. He only does it when it is safe and it is a back breaker, as we well know. I don’t think we need designed runs for Herbert, just need him to let it loose when the opportunity is there

TG
            I'm a fan of 1-2 plays per game that are designed specifically to capitalize on Herb's legs.

If the Bolts do that, even on such a limited basis, it will force defenses to allocate resources to limit the damage Herb can do running, and-- in the allocation of those resources-- the defense inevitably leaves something else LESS covered, and there just waiting to be taken advantage of.

IMO, it's dumb *not* to force defenses to have to account for Herb's ability to hoof it.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              JH3 and Me
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

busting a run off once in awhile would jumble Defenses’ perspectives, might slow them down some, force LBs to stay home and open mid-range middle routes, or even force them to dedicate a spy. Only on occasion though - agree do not make him a “running QB”. I’d coach him up to watch the back 7 on pass downs, if they all clear out then go and take the 7-10(+?) yards once in awhile. Might pay dividends late in the game. 4 or 5 runs a game.

I think he stopped running last year because he was playing the entire season after week2 injured. 100% right decision in the circumstance.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                JH3 and Me
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Agreed. Allen as been very effective on designed runs. He runs over people. But if they continue to use him in that capacity he will get injured. It only takes one injury to kill a season.
                Allen is gonna get hurt, he’s been hurt in fact. I like the Mahomes model, just discussed. Herbie is faster than Mahomes, Mahomes is probably shiftier because he’s such a little worm.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Allen is gonna get hurt, he’s been hurt in fact. I like the Mahomes model, just discussed. Herbie is faster than Mahomes, Mahomes is probably shiftier because he’s such a little worm.
                  Mahomes has good hips to height ratio that gives him an advantage in moving horizontally.
                  compared to Herbert who is taller and a bit narrow-hipped, making it a bit more difficult. Both great athletes for the position.
                  Darius "4.36" Davis
                  top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP Magic Number 1

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Mahomes got injured at the end of last year when he was tackled from behind. High ankle sprain IIRC. The less I see Herbert downfield, the more I like it.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Mahomes got injured at the end of last year when he was tackled from behind. High ankle sprain IIRC. The less I see Herbert downfield, the more I like it.
                      He was tackled in the pocket not when he was running.

Just like Herbert being injured in the pocket

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He was tackled in the pocket not when he was running.

Just like Herbert being injured in the pocket
                        Herbert got pile driven into the ground by Chris Jones. Should have been a penalty, and would have if one of our guys did that to Mahomes. I might be a good idea to block that guy this year . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          JH3 and Me
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Herbert got pile driven into the ground by Chris Jones. Should have been a penalty, and would have if one of our guys did that to Mahomes. I might be a good idea to block that guy this year . . . . . . . . .
                          He’s still holding out. Report he liked a tweet saying he won’t be a Chief next year. If I never saw that guy wearing a helmet with an arrow on it, it wouldn’t be too soon. He is as good as there is.

Comment

Working...
                          X