One man's opinion, but I agree with just about all of it:

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

All I know is I would like to see some wins with style. Like a long sustained drive to ice the game. Or hell, even a blowout win or 2. No giving up comeback losses any more. Sustaining drives and putting games away. That's what I would like to see this year.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

I would just like to see more wins than 2022. Many more, if possible. I am not motivated by style points. I would prefer Chargers NOT become perceived as the #1 dominant unbeatable team until the end of the Super Bowl. Steel makes Steel, pummeling tomato cans does not prepare a team to be the best when the best is eventually required. It makes them bloated and comfortable.

a holistic strategy has only objective each game and that is a W when clock=0.00. It matter not if by 1 or 100. All other factors should be carefully calibrated and adjusted in real time with the goal to prepare and preserve the team for the long championship march, not the current sprint of the day. Whether that be gas-stepping, as EVERY yahoo on TPB favors 1000% in every circumstance no matter when or what, or selectively preserving players and resources when possible; the situations shall dictate the specifics with the objective = THE SEASON, not the current game.

I do expect more comfortable lopsided wins this year for the 100%'ers to enjoy. I'll just have to live with that boredom.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

This. ^

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

What I MEANT was, each of those games had the same dynamic of slipping ever-so-incrementally from the Bolts' grasp. You could FEEL it happening.
            Actually, I believed we would beat the Pats up until McCree.
            When we kept getting takeaways from Jax and our offense was struggling, my scalp was tingling like something's wrong here.
            They were different for me.
            Not saying who's right but they were different for me.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
              I would just like to see more wins than 2022. Many more, if possible. I am not motivated by style points. I would prefer Chargers NOT become perceived as the #1 dominant unbeatable team until the end of the Super Bowl. Steel makes Steel, pummeling tomato cans does not prepare a team to be the best when the best is eventually required. It makes them bloated and comfortable.

a holistic strategy has only objective each game and that is a W when clock=0.00. It matter not if by 1 or 100. All other factors should be carefully calibrated and adjusted in real time with the goal to prepare and preserve the team for the long championship march, not the current sprint of the day. Whether that be gas-stepping, as EVERY yahoo on TPB favors 1000% in every circumstance no matter when or what, or selectively preserving players and resources when possible; the situations shall dictate the specifics with the objective = THE SEASON, not the current game.

I do expect more comfortable lopsided wins this year for the 100%'ers to enjoy. I'll just have to live with that boredom.
              Situation specific football is great as long as we're in control. Blow a key W being nonchalant and you're a shitheel.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Utah
                • Midnight Toker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

That's kind of what I was saying. Nothing about style points. I want the Chargers to be able to control games. That ability seems to be lost. I am sick of one score games. Barely win or barely lose. A well controlled game for a solid dub is what I am looking for. Seems like forever since we've had a blowout win.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

It seems long time ago

Blowout wins, close losses show Chargers are better than their record - NBC Sports

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

I get the sentiment but imho there's an overall psychological advantage of being perceived as dominant/cut-throat/invincible.
                    You can literally scare opponents into making mistakes, Mike Tyson made a career of it!
                    Last few seasons, KC has been scaring defenses into mistakes weekly, including our own.
                    I'm all for dominating and stepping on opponents afterwards.
                    sure we want to secure the win before beating our chest, no one would argue otherwise, but if we can dominant and create an identity around an invincible aura, I'm all for it.
                    no risk it no biscuit.
                    2024: Far From Over

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

That's kind of what I was saying. Nothing about style points. I want the Chargers to be able to control games. That ability seems to be lost. I am sick of one score games. Barely win or barely lose. A well controlled game for a solid dub is what I am looking for. Seems like forever since we've had a blowout win.
                      Jan 1, 2023
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

After last season my expectations are muted until we have a decent rhythm on offense and defense. I think the front offense knew they had a problem with Lombardi by mid season but tried to save face for Lombardi and the front office by giving him every chance to redeem himself thru the entire season. He failed dismally pretty much every second half of most of the games and really flamed out in the playoffs. I don'r t see us having this flameout problem with our new staff. One hand washes the other and we had dirty hands most of the season last year.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          I get the sentiment but imho there's an overall psychological advantage of being perceived as dominant/cut-throat/invincible.
                          You can literally scare opponents into making mistakes, Mike Tyson made a career of it!
                          Last few seasons, KC has been scaring defenses into mistakes weekly, including our own.
                          I'm all for dominating and stepping on opponents afterwards.
                          sure we want to secure the win before beating our chest, no one would argue otherwise, but if we can dominant and create an identity around an invincible aura, I'm all for it.
                          no risk it no biscuit.
                          Go for jugular...we need more mad dog than soft puppy!
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X