• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
    Regardless of how he performed last year...I am rooting for him this year. That was such a devastating injury...for him to even be ready by week 1 is kind of miraculous.

I hope the fans give him a pass if it's obvious the injury has slowed him a bit. Plus being in the wrong scheme (again next year?) might exacerbate a poor performance. Not fair IMO.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Granted, but I disagree with those who say there is still a big gap between the Chargers and Chiefs. There is not.
      Sorry but despite the close games, until proven otherwise there is. The Chiefs have won the AFC West for the past 7 years,
      including 3 SB appearances and 2 SB wins. During that time frame we have appeared in 3 PO games, losing 2.

Of course that doesn't guarantee it will continue that way. But as long as Reid and Mahonnes are there, I'd say we got a problem.

So no matter what we think of the roster, it's what happens on the field of play that counts. Both their D and O have been
      better than ours. In some years by a long shot. Not to mention the coaching. .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Starts with the head coach and QB.

They're just not built like that. And we're about to give one of them the richest contract in NFL history.
        I'll give Herbert some more time. I put the bulk of the responsibility on Staley . . . . . . he's in year 3 - it's put up or shut up (and GTFO) for him.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
          Sorry but despite the close games, until proven otherwise there is.
          Disagree that there is a "huge gap" between the talent levels of the Chargers and Chiefs. The results of the last four games prove it.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
            Regardless of how he performed last year...I am rooting for him this year. That was such a devastating injury...for him to even be ready by week 1 is kind of miraculous.

I hope the fans give him a pass if it's obvious the injury has slowed him a bit.
            Same. Same. Same.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Sorry but despite the close games, until proven otherwise there is. The Chiefs have won the AFC West for the past 7 years,
              including 3 SB appearances and 2 SB wins. During that time frame we have appeared in 3 PO games, losing 2.

Of course that doesn't guarantee it will continue that way. But as long as Reid and Mahonnes are there, I'd say we got a problem.

So no matter what we think of the roster, it's what happens on the field of play that counts. Both their D and O have been
              better than ours. In some years by a long shot. Not to mention the coaching. .
              Been saying this all offseason . . . . . . . and I'm not convinced that we've made up any ground on them

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
                he's in year 3 - it's put up or shut up (and GTFO) for him.

Agreed. I was really down on Staley after the playoff loss. But time heals all, and I'm feeling optimistic once again, especially looking forward to the new offense. My take on Staley is that he was in over his head when he was hired, not ready to be an NFL coach, he had to learn on the job. But I believe him to be very intelligent and resilient and that he has the capacity to learn, grow and improve. But I agree with you, the Chargers have to great things this season, or else.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Agreed. I was really down on Staley after the playoff loss. But time heals all, and I'm feeling optimistic once again, especially looking forward to the new offense. My take on Staley is that he was in over his head when he was hired, not ready to be an NFL coach, he had to learn on the job. But I believe him to be very intelligent and resilient and that he has the capacity to learn, grow and improve. But I agree with you, the Chargers have to great things this season, or else.
                  This season's schedule will be the litmus test for Staley. We're going to find out if he can hack it . . . . . . . . or not, and the team simply CANNOT start out slow. They need to be ready to go from the jump.

Comment

• Berserker76
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

I'm down with this. In addition, having a real offense for a change is going to both give the defense some breaks and bring some some much needed confidence to the entire team. Can't wait for Week 1, pre-season, not so much.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

I'm down with this. In addition, having a real offense for a change is going to both give the defense some breaks and bring some some much needed confidence to the entire team. Can't wait for Week 1, pre-season, not so much.
                      I really dislike the preseason games . . . . . . . . they're there to provide a bit more income for the owners and to provide the opportunity for some of our guys to get hurt . . . . . Which always seems to happen - mostly to the position group that's the thinnest (edge - cough cough).

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

I really dislike having 17 reg season games. Don't count the 1st 3. Let teams see new guys, players coming off injury in live action scrimmages before it gets serious.
                        No one has to play preseason.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

Disagree that there is a "huge gap" between the talent levels of the Chargers and Chiefs. The results of the last four games prove it.
                          They don't prove squat. You have to look at the totality. By all football standards they have been better, statistically, W-L, PO record. Those
                          are the things that count. They are in our division and division games are almost always close. So by your standard the Raiders and Broncos
                          are as good at the Chargers. I don't think so.

Chiefs are on a different level, until such time as we prove otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                          X