• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SAY OW 55
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

Everybody restructuring there contract. What’s that for? Including Bosa.

Comment

• Eurobolt
      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
      To sign home grow players.

Pipkins will be extended same as Michael Davis.
      Tranq maybe.

Fox & Callaham at least one of them.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

We might add a new face...but I think they are trying to run it back...as crushing as last seasons exit was, I still think this team was as good as anybody, personnel wise...we had SB champs on the ropes, twice, and let them off the hook...

A healthy season, where these units get to play together consistently...better offensive scheme...a sprinkling of talent from the draft...absolutely I can see them continuing to push the chips in...and reaching for the checkbook to buy even more chips...
        Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Lone Bolt is the Todd McShay of TPB.
          Lol....that could be construed as a glowing compliment...or a glaring insult...depending on whether you like McShay...

If by that comparison, I make it sound like I have spent hours and hours watching tape...when its actually about 30 minutes of youtube highlights and analysis...maybe a condesed game or two...spot on! I am as full of shit as anybody else on here...and while shameless in my promotion of prospects I like, will always include some humble criticism, to lend credibility to the eval...lol.

But I prefer to see McShay as the "Lone Bolt" of ESPN...
          Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            We might add a new face...but I think they are trying to run it back...as crushing as last seasons exit was, I still think this team was as good as anybody, personnel wise...we had SB champs on the ropes, twice, and let them off the hook...

A healthy season, where these units get to play together consistently...better offensive scheme...a sprinkling of talent from the draft...absolutely I can see them continuing to push the chips in...and reaching for the checkbook to buy even more chips...
            This.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
              They want to run it back…plus creating cap space might allow them to keep some of their guys and maybe even go after some free agents…

BTW, the chargers can clear an additional 32mil by doing the following move:

cut fieler and hopkins clears 8mil

extend by two years ekeler and davis clears 8mil

restructure linsley and SJD clears 10mil

extend by one year gerald everette and austin johnson clears 6mil

the chargers are currently 19.7mil under the cap, but if they make these moves, that number goes to 51.7mil under the cap…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

To sign home grow players.

Pipkins will be extended same as Michael Davis.
                Tranq maybe.

Fox & Callaham at least one of them.
                I actually hope its to sign better players than those guys

Fox was good but he shouldn't be expensive
                Callahan - same type of deal as last year or keep walking
                Van Noy - same type of deal as last year or move on
                Tranquill - I am seriously hoping they are looking to upgrade

The defense was garbage last year - why do we want to bring so many of them back.

Pipkins makes sense as he is a RT and thats a big time need. But again, if there are better options - go get them

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I actually hope its to sign better players than those guys

Fox was good but he shouldn't be expensive
                  Callahan - same type of deal as last year or keep walking
                  Van Noy - same type of deal as last year or move on
                  Tranquill - I am seriously hoping they are looking to upgrade

The defense was garbage last year - why do we want to bring so many of them back.

Pipkins makes sense as he is a RT and thats a big time need. But again, if there are better options - go get them
                  I would say that despite the defense being problematic, guys like Fox and Tranquil weren’t part of the issue and we could be a lot worse without them last year.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Tranquil had a great game at JAX last year.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      I would say that despite the defense being problematic, guys like Fox and Tranquil weren’t part of the issue and we could be a lot worse without them last year.
                      Injuries.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        Fair - yet at the same time - just expecting a coach change from Hill and getting Bosa back - will that solve all the issues on defense.

Same on offense, just getting a new OC and Slater back won't solve the issues. I think both sides of the ball need some tweaking. The offense needs a speed guy at WR or a Kamara type at RB. Somebody that can make explosive plays

And I do know Callahan and KVN had solid moments - I am just not signing them back for anything more than the vet minimum until after the draft. And I am good if they do a bit in free agency like LB and RT but truly wait for the draft and post draft - fill in the blanks

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by RockyMtnBoltFan View Post

Totally disagree. Ekeler is great and I think Kelley and Spiller are good enough to be the rotational RB’s. Much bigger NEEDS in the first 3 rounds. It’s all about the O-line and the trenches. Get Slater healthy and get a well round TE that is above average blocking and receiving. Won’t surprise me if we address OT, TE and LB in free agency. Then Edge and WR early in the draft.
                          Stats don't lie. 30th in the league in rushing per game with Ek as our starter and did you see Ekeler in the Jags game? He is great but we need a workhorse RB to make Ekeler even greater, and most people agree if Bijan is there at 21 you run to the stand and make the pick. Yes if Bijan isn't there you draft the best OT on the board. You sign Dalton Schultz and resign Parham. LB can be addressed in free agency. OT, WR, RB, Edge, FS, CB! We need this addressed in the draft. You go with the best players on the board with these positions. Also be careful when you blame our former OC for all our blunders because we will be facing him twice next season with Payton as the HC! We'll see how dreadful an OC he really was. Payton seems to think he is just fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X