• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Florida fan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Does anyone know how many pick chargers have?

After watching several games against the Chief, I feel strongly chargers need to find defensive players that can slow down Kelce and the running game.

is Jacksonville 2 half the jags shut down our running game and made us 1 dimensional.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Florida fan View Post

After watching several games against the Chief, I feel strongly chargers need to find defensive players that can slow down Kelce and the running game.

is Jacksonville 2 half the jags shut down our running game and made us 1 dimensional.
      I saw it the other day - they do not have the normal 7
      At first I thought they traded a 6th for Mack but that changed last year to two of the comp picks they had

One reason why I think Telesco - I won't say it

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

they have their seven original picks and no compensatory picks are coming this year, still, 7 picks is more than enough to address the bulk of the issues of depth and any holes that still remain but it’ll only happen if they have a good draft…

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Lombardi unfortunately shut down the run game after Jax made it difficult. Run plays for nothing would have accomplished something, taking time off the clock. Our offense throwing incompletions gave Jax time. CB Davis out gave Jax completions.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Lombardi unfortunately shut down the run game after Jax made it difficult. Run plays for nothing would have accomplished something, taking time off the clock. Our offense throwing incompletions gave Jax time. CB Davis out gave Jax completions.
            Staley and his stupid challenge cost the team 30 seconds
            Not running the ball on 3rd and 3 from the 23 before the Dicker kick - another 40 seconds. And the reason I wanted to run was you might get close enough to go on 4th down and make it a true three score game

Granted, that defense wasn't stopping anybody but the lack of running really made that second half longer - the clock was moving sllllooowwww

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I saw it the other day - they do not have the normal 7
              At first I thought they traded a 6th for Mack but that changed last year to two of the comp picks they had

One reason why I think Telesco - I won't say it
              They got a 6th in this draft for those two 7ths in another trade with the Bears,....so we have a pick in all seven rounds which the 6th from them should be earlier than our orihinal 6th would of been..

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They got a 6th in this draft for those two 7ths in another trade with the Bears,....so we have a pick in all seven rounds which the 6th from them should be earlier than our orihinal 6th would of been..
                Nope, they just sent us back our original 6 from the mack trade, basically the chargers didn’t want to draft all the picks they had in 2022, which I don’t understand at all…normally a team pays more for picks in current draft and less for future drafts, the chargers gave the bears two 7th rounders to get their own 2023 6th round pick back, I think johnny spanos has OCD or something…in typical draft operating procedure if the team wants to trade up r acquire a pick they give up higher picks in the future, so at the very least the chargers should’ve only paid ONE of last years seventh rounders to get back their 6th…

when that trade went down I was disappointed because I was looking forward to ten draft picks and we ended up with eight…the only thing that makes sense to me is that when the original mack trade went down, the bears wanted the second and two sevens and perhaps the chargers offered next years (2023) 6 instead, the bears accepted and the deal got done and then the chargers got into the the 6th round of the draft in 2022 and must’ve decided they didn’t need excercise ten total picks, they must’ve called chicago and asked them if they still wanted the two 7s in lieu of the 2023 6th rounder, and then they accepted…

otherwise that trade doesn’t make sense, nobody pays more for a future pick like that, it’s the other way around, future picks are always downgraded by a full round…
                Last edited by Fouts2herbert; 01-27-2023, 11:34 PM.
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

If Williams and Allen end up not leaving, I’m for giving Guyton another year and not spending a draft pick on a WR in the draft. It’d be a 6th or 7th anyways.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

The Bolts have 6 draft picks...no 7th rounders and NO comp picks:

2023 bolts draft picks.jpg

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                      that chart you posted has some mistakes in it, the chargers have all seven of their original picks as follows; #21, #54, #85, #123, #154, #187, and #218

and they won’t be receiving any compensatory picks this year, since they never trade down, it’s save to say these are the only picks that they will execute come draft time…unless they trade a player this offseason for additional picks…

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                        If Williams and Allen end up not leaving, I’m for giving Guyton another year and not spending a draft pick on a WR in the draft. It’d be a 6th or 7th anyways.
                        No. Been in the league how many years? Can’t get off the line or run routes? No, no.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

No. Been in the league how many years? Can’t get off the line or run routes? No, no.
                          the bar has to be higher

look at the games tomorrow. I get Kelce is unique and last year they had Hill. Hardeman hasn't lived up to the 2nd round - but MVS and JSS aren't bad

But the other teams

Deebo, Aiyuk and even Kittle - all make explosive plays

Chase, Boyd and Higgins

Devante Smith and AJ Brown

Last week: Stephon Diggs -0 he catches everything, has YAC and still can get deep

Telesco - do your job and find a difference maker at WR

Comment

Working...
                          X