Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    JH3 and Me
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado

Thank you Dmac_bolt

what I meant is stick is nothing special. Yes every qb has a bulls eye on them but Herbert more so then usual. The league knows we don't even have a back up that could be called a #2..Get him out of the game you have a much easier chance of beating usi
    Your 3rd paragraph I'm not even sure what you were saying, what do you mean if we had a better back up we'd loose him. Way off my friend. Not quite sure how you came up with that. I'd like to see a better back up.id sleep easier if we had one stick sucks, you've said i didn't say little spanos told TT that Stick was the only back up we could have,, I was saying little spanos would have an ass attack it his protégé was cut (maybe), the trade bit I was hoping maybe they could trade someone but we really can't afford to do that huh not even through the waver wire, so that was me just talking out of the side of my head. Forgive me. See I don't use all those big words like you do. Lack of education I guess. I could always blame it on my ADHD but that's a cop out. So now does it seem clearer? Probably not huh?

Herbert was hurt last year was he not? Intentional I can't say. But Herbert didn't let that stop him. He's a tough kid. The league knows there is nothing behind Herbert to carry the torch. I don't know what else to say. There was nothing hateful about what I wrote. You must have had a bad day today. Take a nap and it'll all be better. Don't call me hateful because you're wrong there my friend.
    I disagree that all teams will now target Herbert for injury because Stick is our BU QB, or that they target him any more or less than any other starting QB. Our backup QB won't alter how any defenses defend or attack our starting offense at all.

big or small words don't matter - the meanings matter. The meaning of your post as I understood it was you accused the Chargers, TT and Staley but J Spanos in particular, of intentionally putting a target on Herbie's back because of some weird hallucination that Spanos has an uncontrollable love for Stick that overrides normal management decisions. That is gross, harsh, unsubstantiated, uncalled for.

why the hell would Spanos do that? Its stupid to say Spanos cares more about Stick than Herbert - the guy he just gave $260M to. Spanos never wants Stick to start for his team ever, he doesn't want to get Herbert injured. its just a really vicious thing to write.

I had the bad day? well, my day wasn't bad enough to accuse anyone of anything like that.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Covington stinks....don't see why we signed him again.

Horvath cut to make room for Muse.
      I guess others can play STs after all.
      I think I had a similar reaction to Popper's assertion that Horvath was a lock because he was a "core special teamer"
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Interesting that they are signing Alex Erickson to the PS but neither Pokey Wilson nor Milton Wright have been signed to the PS.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I think I had a similar reaction to Popper's assertion that Horvath was a lock because he was a "core special teamer"
          Popper isn't as in the know as he makes himself out to be.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Well you totally blew that assumption.you got your panties all bunched up over nothing! You know what it means when you assume? You make an ass out of you and me. I never accused them of putting a bullseye on him, I said if the other teams wanted to it's there for the picking and with stick if that happened our seasons shot. Yeah, you are having a moment alright. By the way,, I added more to my response to you,, I edited it.Enough said!
            I just have to say that I also took it in the same way as Dmac did.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• colorado
              Fan since '62
              • Jun 2023
              • Desert Rat
              • Nothing but time on my hands
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

That's the way all these self proclaimed gurus are. 50% right, 50% wrong.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

clearly he is not, either that or he needs to get a better source within the organization...
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Air Coryell
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2021
                  • Davis, CA
                  • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                  • Send PM

TT and all have blown the bu QB position with just having Stick. Stick has looked bad in preseason against reserves. He is not a rookie, he should have gotten better.

Remember--> after a hard hit an official can require a player (even a QB) to go out of the game and get checked out. Usually a number of plays.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                    Let's do this!
                    • Aug 2022
                    • Raleigh N. Carolina
                    • Send PM

Well you totally blew that assumption.you got your panties all bunched up over nothing! You know what it means when you assume? You make an ass out of you and me. I never accused them of putting a bullseye on him, I said if the other teams wanted to it's there for the picking and with stick if that happened our seasons shot. Yeah, you are having a moment alright. By the way,, I added more to my response to you,, I edited it.Enough said!
                    It took it the same way the others did.

Communication is the key!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

That's the way all these self proclaimed gurus are. 50% right, 50% wrong.
                      Popper is ok but to think someone is a lock because he plays STs is a headscracher. Especially when they are a FB and we aren't partial to using them.
                      I don't know about you guys but I've not noticed Horvath much on STs. Noticed Mullen more in 3 preseason games.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I've heard the song, mate.
                        As you know, we cannot use that word, that you referenced.
                        Everyone, imagine a bird with a beak, perfectly designed by nature, to dumpster dive.
                        Would make you miss your friendly neighborhood seagulls.
                        Not much! Years ago, I worked near a large parking lot where hundreds of gulls rested overnight. First car through, the gulls would take wing, fly a circle in formation and paint the offending vehicle. We were not friends.I still hold a grudge.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Popper is fine.
                          We are fortunate to have him covering the Chargers.
                          If we listen to the questions Daniel asked Staley today, it is clear he is always seeking to gain better and better understanding of the thinking involved in the team's personnel decisions.

Go ahead and submit your job applications to The Athletic.
                          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                          X