• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

He'll be back . . . . . . . . . . . .I guess being a core teams guy isn't what it used to be . . . . .
    I think he got cut because Smartt proved that TE can effectively block like a FB.

Comment

• Duck of Death
      Social Piranha
      • May 2022
      • Flyover, USA
      • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

Stick will get ate up alive.
      I trust that that risk will be mitigated by an OC who understands Stick’s flaws & knows how to run the ball effectively. KM already proved this at Dallas with Cooper Rush, who suddenly became overvalued due to his 4-1 record. But upon closer review, it was really their defense, running game, and pass pro that kept Dallas afloat during Dak’s absence. To be certain Rush did some nice things, but also only completed 59% of his passes, with just 5 TDs and 3 picks over 5 games. He doesn’t have a strong arm, and is about as slow as Philip Rivers on a cold day. This isn’t so much an indictment on Cooper Rush as it is just a calculated guess that Easton Stick could feasibly be just as effective if given protection. Of course we should all pray we never get to find out.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

I trust that that risk will be mitigated by an OC who understands Stick’s flaws & knows how to run the ball effectively. KM already proved this at Dallas with Cooper Rush, who suddenly became overvalued due to his 4-1 record. But upon closer review, it was really their defense, running game, and pass pro that kept Dallas afloat during Dak’s absence. To be certain Rush did some nice things, but also only completed 59% of his passes, with just 5 TDs and 3 picks over 5 games. He doesn’t have a strong arm, and is about as slow as Philip Rivers on a cold day. This isn’t so much an indictment on Cooper Rush as it is just a calculated guess that Easton Stick could feasibly be just as effective if given protection. Of course we should all pray we never get to find out.
        I would feel better with a more experienced QB that would probably be better equipped based on experience and years of play to handle a game or two if Herbert is injured. Chad Henne was a pretty serviceable backup for Mahomes. Meaning, the moment wasn't too big for him - though his skillset was not close

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Looks like a really strong group so far.
          Players on the practice squad I don't care for; Christian Covington, Austin Pleasants, Terrell Bynum, and Brevin Allen.

I didn't see what was so great Tiawan Mullen. I guess I'll be sad that we didn't retain Horvath or others who the team let go.

Glad to see Duggan, Clark, Hankins, Kampmoyer, and Doss back.

Comment

• Rugger05
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

He'll be back . . . . . . . . . . . .I guess being a core teams guy isn't what it used to be . . . . .
            I read Muse was a core special teams guy and having too much LB depth isn't a bad thing. Horvath will probably end up on the practice squad. Really surprised no one picked up Baily happy to have him back.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

I like the Muse pick up. Solid football player.
              Chargers were not going to use Zander much on offense, OC Moore will have his TEs motion into backfield. Then he has the additional receiving threat and the ability to mix it up with multiple formations and matchup problems. Put the TE at FB/HBack but then motion them into a trips or quads stack.

Kellen is Stone Smartt to leverage the matchup advantage with personnel groupings.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jox g
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

THAT sucks . . . . . . . .
                Cam Brown was THE best out of our CB's according to PFF Hankins was good. (We got him back). Hope we at least get Cam Brown back.

Comment

• Duck of Death
                  Social Piranha
                  • May 2022
                  • Flyover, USA
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I would feel better with a more experienced QB that would probably be better equipped based on experience and years of play to handle a game or two if Herbert is injured. Chad Henne was a pretty serviceable backup for Mahomes. Meaning, the moment wasn't too big for him - though his skillset was not close
                  Me too, without question. But we gotta believe that Kellen & Nuss have considerable input into how that QB room is filled out. They wanted to see what they had in Stick so he got the lion’s share of snaps during PS. And honestly, it wasn’t entirely bad. So if they don’t wind up signing another QB, then we’ll know how they feel about Stick - that he has enough ability for them to work with. (BTW, I mentioned Nussmeier too because he is supposedly a rising star & a highly underrated get)

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    Mark Webb didn't make the Practice squad. Currently Duggan is the only 7th rounder on the roster. (probably Horvath too).
                    There are still five open slots on the PS, since the Chargers have the regular 16 plus the special exemption for Okoye.

Comment

• YAC
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
                      Horvath will probably end up on the practice squad
                      Just what I was thinking.

So few teams utilize fullbacks now, and those that do like who they got.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not my boy Horvath!!!!
                        I CALLED IT WEEKS AGO!!!
                        (Nothing personal, just business...)

Comment

• Bolt-O