Clear All
  • Air Coryell
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2021
    • Carlsbad, CA
    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
    • Send PM

[QUOTE=Velo;n1521528]
    Are you sure? What about McKitty's play to date makes you think that. I don't think Smartt will be claimed off waivers if he's cut. But I don't know if Mr. Kitty will be either.

Both are not needle movers. The 49ers will be cutting a TE better that either of these. Their TE depth is strong; one of the tougher cuts they have to make. I hope we can pick up a few wire players.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Are you sure? What about McKitty's play to date makes you think that. I don't think Smartt will be claimed off waivers if he's cut. But I don't know if Mr. Kitty will be either.

Why do they need a 3rd QB?
      McKitty is a 3rd year, 3rd rounder out of Georgia. Someone will think he can play better in their scheme.

One QB gets injured, the 2nd has Covid or injury and they need a guy immediately that knows the playbook. No way they don’t have 3 QBs on the team somewhere.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I agree re tackling. Woods has become a beast in that regard.
        I struggle choosing our DB depth because several have stood out at times.
        I have a good feeling about DA's insight regards DB choices.
        Not yet a 'beast' - more of an aggressive speed bump . . . . . . . . he missed a tackle in the 1st qtr last night against the one's that cost the team another 20 yards. He's better - but he still has work to do.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Why do they need a 3rd QB?
          I'll admit that I haven't been watching McKitty - but as far as I can tell he brings nothing to the team, unless he's killing it on teams and I haven't noticed?

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I'll admit that I haven't been watching McKitty - but as far as I can tell he brings nothing to the team, unless he's killing it on teams and I haven't noticed?
            McKitty had a nice block on starter Drake Jackson last night.
            Check out our other channels:NFL Mundo https://www.youtube.com/mundonflNFL Brasil https://www.youtube.com/c/NFLBrasilOficialNFL UK https://www.youtube.com/ch...

OLineCentric

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

McKitty had a nice block on starter Drake Jackson last night.
              Check out our other channels:NFL Mundo https://www.youtube.com/mundonflNFL Brasil https://www.youtube.com/c/NFLBrasilOficialNFL UK https://www.youtube.com/ch...
              If the choice is McKitty or Dotson . . . . . . . . Dotson all the way. At least he has upside . . . . . . . . . and we'll need him when Eckler moves on next year.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

If the choice is McKitty or Dotson . . . . . . . . Dotson all the way. At least he has upside . . . . . . . . . and we'll need him when Eckler moves on next year.
                I think they keep both.
                OLineCentric

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I think they keep both.
                  Works for me, as long as they keep Dotson. I guess I've not been paying attention but I just don't see McKitty's value . . . . . . . . . if the team thinks he's worth a roster spot more power to them though . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

McKitty is a 3rd year, 3rd rounder out of Georgia. Someone will think he can play better in their scheme.

One QB gets injured, the 2nd has Covid or injury and they need a guy immediately that knows the playbook. No way they don’t have 3 QBs on the team somewhere.
                    Duggan to PS, until they can pick up someone else's castoff 3rd or 4th stringer - who would immediately become our #2 . . . . . . . .

I hope Stick's been saving his money - he won't be on an NFL team this time next year . . . . . .

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Duggan to PS, until they can pick up someone else's castoff 3rd or 4th stringer - who would immediately become our #2 . . . . . . . .

I hope Stick's been saving his money - he won't be on an NFL team this time next year . . . . . .
                      LOL!
                      You're kidding.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Works for me, as long as they keep Dotson. I guess I've not been paying attention but I just don't see McKitty's value . . . . . . . . . if the team thinks he's worth a roster spot more power to them though . . . . . .
                        I think they see McKitty as a cheaply signed, developing player with 2 years left on his contract. While still inconsistent, I think he's the best blocking TE they have. I think they keep 4 TE's. Parham's injuries have to be a factor.
                        OLineCentric

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                          LOL!
                          You're kidding.
                          I wish I was . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...