• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Don’t they have a line up that everyone predicted would challenge for a title?
    Yes but Bogearts has been a huge disappointment imo. Maybe next season after this, his first season in the NL he steps it up but so far, bad signing.
    Kim has more HR and RBIs than him and is a great fielder. But I'm sure they didn't expect him to breakout like this.

Cronenworth another disappointment. Shouldn't of extended him so soon.

Catcher was a disappointment much of the season. None of them could hit for shit.
    Sanchez has been OK since picking him up and has 15 HRs already but hitting .215.
    Campusano is the future til the other kid gets here in a few years.
    They had the worst team average with runners in scoring possition for the first half of the season and the middle relief was erratic.

Entering this series with the Dodgers, the Padres led the league in team ERA and got bombed in 3 of 4 games.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Both franchises are tied together in some weird cosmic, preordained trajectory.
      Clippers too.

No matter how far they are from each other, they're always together in spirit.

the good news...
      All 3 win their respective championships in a row.
      Must be a San Diego thing. No championships in any major sport.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes but Bogearts has been a huge disappointment imo. Maybe next season after this, his first season in the NL he steps it up but so far, bad signing.
        Kim has more HR and RBIs than him and is a great fielder. But I'm sure they didn't expect him to breakout like this.

Cronenworth another disappointment. Shouldn't of extended him so soon.

Catcher was a disappointment much of the season. None of them could hit for shit.
        Sanchez has been OK since picking him up and has 15 HRs already but hitting .215.
        Campusano is the future til the other kid gets here in a few years.
        They had the worst team average with runners in scoring possition for the first half of the season and the middle relief was erratic.

Entering this series with the Dodgers, the Padres led the league in team ERA and got bombed in 3 of 4 games.
        They don’t even have the injury excuse. Didn’t they pay Bogearts something like $300m? Tatis $340m? Machado? Soto?

Dodgers are doing it with Betts and Freeman. And a bunch of guys who seem to step up when needed.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

They don’t even have the injury excuse. Didn’t they pay Bogearts something like $300m? Tatis $340m? Machado? Soto?

Dodgers are doing it with Betts and Freeman. And a bunch of guys who seem to step up when needed.
          The Dodgers have to have the best coaches ever. Their pitching is always good and they have two pitchers coming back from injury soon.

Freeman and Betts are amazing but Muncy is hitting below .200 again but with 27 HRs. More than anyone on our team.

We just cant beat them consistently til last years playoffs, which is when it counted.
          Maybe Dave Roberts is a great manager, idk.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I think Slater has demonstrated that he's an adequate LT.

If Bosa/Mack are eating his lunch, I see only good in it.
            This...it is just as likely that our defense is coming on faster than the O, rather than the offense struggling...and the O has had some moments too...as cheesy as an accolade it is, "steel sharpens steel" is truth...

Overall, camp is looking good...but Im not a complete homer...the real test will be week 1 vs the Dolphins...but I like what Im seeing, vets and rooks alike....
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true. It just means that there is a lot of Group Think going on.
              Yea...that drives me nuts....but I would argue that when a group believes something just because it is said over and over again, sans evidence or facts, there isn't any "thinking" going on...just lazyness for the sake of convenience...
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Shawne Merriman on GMFB talking up the Chargers, believes they are SB contenders if injuries are avoided. Also talks about his career, humble, grateful, complimentary of Wade Phillips and Marty. Talks up Philip Rivers for the HOF. He's quite intelligent and well-spoken. QB today he would most like to sack: No surprise...Mahomes.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

My pennant contending Padres are literally chargering.

The stat lines make no sense.

Ranked third in baseball in runs against.

How are they doing it ?
                  "The Pads are Chargering!"

Classic!

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Shawne Merriman on GMFB talking up the Chargers, believes they are SB contenders if injuries are avoided. Also talks about his career, humble, grateful, complimentary of Wade Phillips and Marty. Talks up Philip Rivers for the HOF. He's quite intelligent and well-spoken. QB today he would most like to sack: No surprise...Mahomes.

Love that show. That one. Funny!

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Bolt’s players practicing in paradise. Do they appreciate it?

See new Tweets Conversation

Greg Auman
                      @gregauman
                      It’s incredibly hot in Tampa. You’ll see drills where offense is lining up plays and offensive backups are just lining up like scout-teamers to simulate a defense, and there’s sweat pouring off them as they get into stance. Not a lot of shade to be found on a practice field.​
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        Bolt’s players practicing in paradise. Do they appreciate it?

See new Tweets Conversation

Greg Auman
                        @gregauman
                        It’s incredibly hot in Tampa. You’ll see drills where offense is lining up plays and offensive backups are just lining up like scout-teamers to simulate a defense, and there’s sweat pouring off them as they get into stance. Not a lot of shade to be found on a practice field.​
                        I remember in the old days when not a July and August would go by without a report of some drill sergeant coach in Texas killing a kid. Maybe its still happening, idunno.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                          Let's do this!
                          • Aug 2022
                          • Raleigh N. Carolina
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Love that show. That one. Funny!
                          I'm still a huge Lights Out fan. Too bad that slimeball SOB coach for the Tit-ons* put a bounty on his knees.

* I wont even say his name.

Comment

Working...
                          X