• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I read that Tranquill has looked great in KC camp so far and Mahomes says he always hated playing him because he was so smart. Said he is lighting it up as a blitzer and in pass coverage in particular But then at the end the article said he is likely a back up for the Chiefs because there are so many better players ahead of him. So there is that.

I really liked him Was surprised the Chargers did not re-sign him after all the investment they made and how they coached him up to be who he is. But he wanted ridiculous money and the fact that he signed for back up money proves it. No NFL team saw him as elite. Kendricks is a major, major upgrade. In every way. And there have been a lot of subtle shots at Tranquil when you hear Bosa, Mack, SJD, etc about finally having an ILB that can properly set alignment, make the calls, adjust the defense on pre snap, understands what the offense is doing. Don't forget the blowup between SJD and Drew last season when Drew was not making the alignment sets. And if you watch his career, Kendricks has always been a high motor, sideline to sideline, big play making ILB. I really think if K-9 is ever going to amount to anything it will start now having an elite talent next to him. Tranquil was not far enough along to elevate those around him; Kendricks is.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Logically, the ONLY reason to go with Hopkins over Dicker would be Hopkins' greater level of experience.

But with most of a season under his belt, I'm persuaded that Dicker is the right guy for the job this season.
      Me too. I really appreciate all Hopkins did for us and he seems to be a great man. But Dicker is younger, cheaper, had a great year, and is a great story, too. Dicker the Kicker! If we pick Hopkins I will be always fearing to hear he hurt his hamstring walking to practice and he will miss 1 maybe 2 games (which turns into 10). I also have tremendous confidence in our ST coaches. Wow, what a novelty that is!

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

Scott THE BEAST Matlock!
        Thank you for this post!
        Sounds like Matlock is our version of Crosby. High motor guy.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
          Here's some Milton Wright Highlights. I like the guy's size, and he appears to have some deep speed. In most of the highlights, he's wearing '0', but in a few he's wearing '17'.

(1) Milton Wright Highlights! Welcome to the Los Angeles Chargers!! - YouTube
          camp fodder? even the PS may get crowded with the upgrades we've made to that group - wish the kid well!
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

As long as you're watching film, go back and specifically watch Tranquill. The Jacksonville game was especially atrocious.

In the Staley system, the LB's are supposed to read and react. The DL's job is to tie up OL. The LB's job is to fill gaps before the OL can get there. It's a position that requires quick recognition skills and a brain. Don't give me this "he has fire, hustle, and emotion" bullshit. The only splash plays he made were when he asked to run blitz. There was no thinking involved. He was told which run gap to hit. Kendricks understands where to be and when to get there. I saw a stat that compared the two in terms of where they made their tackles. IIRC, Tranquill's tackles were 1.5 yards further down field than Kendrick's tackles.

As for Moore vs. Lombardi/Peterson... Moore's offense in Dallas finished 1st in points scored in 2021 (yes, ahead of Andy Reid) and 4th in points scored in 2022... with Cooper Rush at QB for 6 games. If you're watching Dallas games... you're wasting your time. Like I said before, the personnel is completely different here... so the 12 and 13-personnel there will be 10 and 11-personnel here.

Watch these game tapes with your brain... not your emotions. Study up on Staley-D and Moore's offensive philosophy before watching. That way you'll know what to look for.
            lol. I liked the fire and hustle part, too. Almost posted on it but you nailed it. There is nothing in existing NFL tape to conclude Tranquil is better.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Also a side note but Herbert, JCJ and Derwin all came out to sign a bunch of autographs, take selfies with fans and were super gracious with their time, there were just too many fans and couldn't sign.most, mine included but it was surreal being to close to them.

Also Cb Amechi Ozudinma and AJ Fknley were also super cool and signed a bunch. I know I'm forgetting another UDFA (my bad).

kids and the physically disabled were prioritized appropriately.

Also, andrew trainer was the largest human being there considering girth.
              Imagine a white Salyer but 6'7"
              2024: Far From Over

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

When breaking curses I always shout "Bullshit!"
                These traditions must be strictly followed... or else they won't work.

Many, many, many, many people will tell you that curses (and curse breakers) don't exist or don't work... that they are creations for the weak minded and superstitious... a vehicle to appease the ignorant... an explanation for the un-explainable.

But maybe it's because people don't strictly follow the curse breaking rules and traditions.
                I'm sure it's the latter..... Salud!
                Yes and many, many, many people will tell you the opposite. To each his own! Can't be proven or disproven. Like many things in life

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Fixed it - cuz they all know. They all know and they all actively pretend they don’t know. This crowd isn’t oblivious Man on Street, they know all of this just like you and I know. 31 teams don’t win the SB every year, there are lots of flame outs, blow outs, flops and fails. but these guys insist that their Charger team is the only team that caved, choked, flopped, “chargered” whatever.

Our coach is a moron, their coach is genius, he is perfect. He would never x y z … even though he already did many times and they know all about it. Andy was the ultimate chargering coach in Philly - that’s why they fired him. It was a mistake because there is no such thing as Eagling. It was superstition, spells and voodoo shit. His first playoff game at KC was worse than our loss too. KC FO is smart enough to stick with him and he won 2 SBs later and now he’s confirmed to be the genius he always was.

They know all about it and they are all lying.
                  yes he got the generational player. sometimes that is what is needed. nobodies lying. it ain't a one year thing.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

From Twitter:
                    I think it's kinda hilarious that the #Chargers offense were without several offensive lineman today and the #Chargers defense just decided to blitz the fuck out of them anyway

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      From Twitter:
                      I think it's kinda hilarious that the #Chargers offense were without several offensive lineman today and the #Chargers defense just decided to blitz the fuck out of them anyway
                      I like. Life in the real NFL world. Got a weak spot? Too bad.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        Also a side note but Herbert, JCJ and Derwin all came out to sign a bunch of autographs, take selfies with fans and were super gracious with their time, there were just too many fans and couldn't sign.most, mine included but it was surreal being to close to them.

Also Cb Amechi Ozudinma and AJ Fknley were also super cool and signed a bunch. I know I'm forgetting another UDFA (my bad).

kids and the physically disabled were prioritized appropriately.

Also, andrew trainer was the largest human being there considering girth.
                        Imagine a white Salyer but 6'7"
                        excellent - and congrats to you for being gracious and ensuring those groups got priority attention. well played!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

yes he got the generational player. sometimes that is what is needed. nobodies lying. it ain't a one year thing.
                          ok, let me rephrase. When certain folks here write that the Chargers are the only team that x, y, or z - they know it is untrue.

Everyone on TPB knows that other teams have their own failures and foibles and its not a one-year thing for ANY team. It took 3 different teams faceplanting at the end of last season for us to leap over them all and get the high WC seeding. Some teams flopped and fell out of the WC race.

Comment

Working...
                          X