• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
    I got us at 7-10 not sure if there are others with that prediction.

To me the definition of chargering is whatever can go wrong will. From an injury perspective it’s usually pretty easy to predict - whatever position group has the least depth will be the position group totally cleaned out by injuries. This year it’s probably safety and defensive end. This front office usually goes into the season with multiple fringe NFL players starting at important positions & position groups with no depth whatsoever
    You are quite the optimist. I have them going 1-16, with a squeaker win in game 1 then losing out because there is no way they can keep up with the likes of Wilson in Denver and whoever they have with the Turds. Just too much skill all over the league and we have what 1 maybe 2 journeyman players? The rest are practice squad rejects.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Alohi with the INT!
      2024: Far From Over

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Personally, the curse repulses me.
        The curse is repulsed by you and your horrifying eye. Nothing personal.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Alohi with the INT!
          Tonight?

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

McKitty looks like a brick wall.
            Darius Davis with a drop on a catchable ball.
            2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Did McMeow have another drop?
              And I sure hope Davis doesn't drop any punts...

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

Yeah the starters are better than I can remember in a very long time. I really hope I’m wrong but I worry about the safety depth - D James always manages to knock himself out for a couple of games. Corner depth also concerns me I’m assuming JC Jackson is done until proven otherwise and that leaves us 1 injury away from a catastrophe there with J Taylor having to start outside & someone with zero NFL snaps playing nickel. Defensively I’m concerned about an “old, slow, and soft” vibe. I think Kendricks is overall a downgrade from Tranquill and he plays old and slow. Tranquill was a sideline to sideline speed demon that gave this defense a lot of oomph in key spots and that’s gonna be missed. Bosa and Mack are both getting up there in age & we have nothing behind them. Interior Dline was always going to be average at best.

Offensively Im concerned there will be growing pains with Kellen Moore & the new offense & the schedule is such it doesn’t allow for growing pains. I’m in the process of going through tons of Dallas games and have seen zero evidence of the 3 & 4 wide Air Coryell aerial assault everyone seems to be predicting.
                So, you're worried about depth... and assume the injuries will pile up like last year...?
                That's a long ways away from the "front office always leaving us with marginal starters at impact positions"...

BTW... Kendricks is much better than Tranquill. Read/react skills are much better. Understands how to call the defense and get guys alligned correctly, too.

Kellen Moore is worlds ahead of Lombardi. Moore ran a lot of multiple TE sets with Dallas because his WR's @Dallas sucked (excluding CeeDee Lamb). Moore will build his offense around the best players available to him. The Chargers WR's are its strength... that's why we expect to see 3 and 4 WR sets. Moore is multiple... Lombardi was inflexible. Players had to fit Lombardi's scheme. Moore fits his scheme around players. They are polar opposites in this respect.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Wait is that a YouTube link? Now I’m impressed!!
                  I knew you would be!
                  God -----> Youtube -----> Our willing minds

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

So, you're worried about depth... and assume the injuries will pile up like last year...?
                    That's a long ways away from the "front office always leaving us with marginal starters at impact positions"...

BTW... Kendricks is much better than Tranquill. Read/react skills are much better. Understands how to call the defense and get guys alligned correctly, too.

Kellen Moore is worlds ahead of Lombardi. Moore ran a lot of multiple TE sets with Dallas because his WR's @Dallas sucked (excluding CeeDee Lamb). Moore will build his offense around the best players available to him. The Chargers WR's are its strength... that's why we expect to see 3 and 4 WR sets. Moore is multiple... Lombardi was inflexible. Players had to fit Lombardi's scheme. Moore fits his scheme around players. They are polar opposites in this respect.
                    Chargers 2023 season = Playoffs with at least one playoff WIN or bust!!! minus all excuses...

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SBbound View Post

Curses are real except for coincidences and everything else.
                      There are several ways to break a curse:

1) Create a "Magic Mirror"

[QUOTE]There are several methods of creating a magic mirror. The first, and simplest, is to use a single mirror. First, consecrate the mirror like you would any other of your magical tools. Place the mirror, standing up, in a bowl of black salt, which is used in many hoodoo traditions to provide protection and repel negativity.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Curse Breaker #2:

Create a poppet:

Many people use poppets, or magical dolls, in spellwork as a tool of offense. You can create a poppet to represent people you’d like to heal or bring good fortune to, help find a job, or to protect. However, the poppet can also be used as a defensive tool.

Create a poppet to represent yourself - or whoever the victim of the curse is - and charge the poppet with the task of taking on the damage in your place. This is actually pretty simple because the poppet acts as a decoy of sorts. Follow the instructions on Poppet Construction, and once your poppet is done, tell it what it’s for.

I have made you, and your name is ______. You shall receive the negative energy sent by ______ in my place.”

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Good for McKitty. Sounds like our blocking TE grew up.

Comment

Working...
                          X