Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Speaking of Leonard Cohen, let's hope that the Bolts are NOT a "Bird on a Wire"...
    I love that guys rendition of "Dancing to the End of Love". The instrumentation is so great!
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

The Jets want to move on from WR Denzel Mims. He was pretty good at Baylor, NYJ drafted him 59th overall in 2020, and he's been a huge disappointment in three seasons. They are trying to trade him but may have to end up just releasing him. The thing is he's a big WR, 6-3 207, who ran a 4.38 40 at the 2020 Combine. The Chargers' WR room is pretty well stocked, but he'd fit right into the the upper stratosphere type of passing game Moore is talking about. If he's cut surely some team will claim him. If not, I'd try to get him on the Bolts' PS.

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

I'd prefer to see FA DB's, DL over anything else at this point.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          The Jets want to move on from WR Denzel Mims. He was pretty good at Baylor, NYJ drafted him 59th overall in 2020, and he's been a huge disappointment in three seasons. They are trying to trade him but may have to end up just releasing him. The thing is he's a big WR, 6-3 207, who ran a 4.38 40 at the 2020 Combine. The Chargers' WR room is pretty well stocked, but he'd fit right into the the upper stratosphere type of passing game Moore is talking about. If he's cut surely some team will claim him. If not, I'd try to get him on the Bolts' PS.
          We are LOADED at wideout...I'd rather we sign a decent free safety, D-line or possibly RB...FS is top need IMHO...

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

PS sounds good. Cheap quality welcome.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

We are LOADED at wideout...I'd rather we sign a decent free safety, D-line or possibly RB...FS is top need IMHO...
              I'm suggesting PS only. And remember last year for part of the season Mike, Keenan and Jalen were all out, and the top 3 wideouts were Josh Palmer, DeAndre Carter and Michael Bandy because there was no depth on the PS.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

I'm suggesting PS only. And remember last year for part of the season Mike, Keenan and Jalen were all out, and the top 3 wideouts were Josh Palmer, DeAndre Carter and Michael Bandy because there was no depth on the PS.
                I'd still rather save $$$ for a FS, where we are woefully thin...maybe even sign a solid D-line and RB, and THEN, if we have any leftover change, get a wideout...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Hmmm. Sounds intriguing.

But we'd have to have an understanding of WHY he flopped with the Jets to know if <whatever it is> has a sporting chance of being corrected.

So... Why did he bomb?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    JH3 and Me
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

The Chargers placed Wilson on the non-football illness list Wednesday, Aaron Wilson of KPRC 2 Houston reports.

The severity of the aliment remains unclear, but Wilson is eligible to practice and/or play at any point during the preseason. The Florida State product signed with the Chargers as an undrafted free agent at the end of April after posting a career-best 495 receiving yards during his final collegiate campaign.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Is he better than Guyton?

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

If they use what's left of their salary cap on another WR, it would be stupid. Get a Safety or Corner.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          JH3 and Me
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          If they use what's left of their salary cap on another WR, it would be stupid. Get a Safety or Corner.
                          He’d compete against Guyton, one would be cut. Minimal cap difference perhaps, not sure what that guy would want and don’t know he’s any better. They wouldn’t carry 7 WRs on the roster, that would be crazy. But you’re right big picture, they an’t gonna be shuffling any new WR5/6 backup options for camp competition at this point, they got bigger things to pay attention to
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X