• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I think the chargers are waiting until they extend Herbert to sign anyone else. Just what my gut tells me.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

These two positions plus OL depth are where I see the biggest needs. The starting five OL are really good, one of the best starting units in the game. But behind them is a lot of inexperience or draft failures - starting with Jaimes. I'd be much more comfortable with a veteran like Lewan backing up our tackles.

Another concern is the lack of depth at edge rusher. Counting on Mack and Bosa to stay injury free all season without solid depth is not good risk management. Counting on Rumph or the rookie Tuipulotu, who I have questions about, is living dangerously. You can never have too many pass rushers. I wonder how much it would cost to rent Ngakoue for a season.
      Consider the salary cap rules. You simply can't have 53 players that are all experienced. Every team has similar problems. The Chiefs won the SB last year with ten rookies on their squad.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Consider the salary cap rules. You simply can't have 53 players that are all experienced. Every team has similar problems. The Chiefs won the SB last year with ten rookies on their squad.
        Agree.

You need to develop your backup OTs from day 3 draft picks, and have them ready by year 2.

A Taylor Lewan would never accept backup money;
        and when he eventually does, he'll be broken down and unreliable beyond a game or two.

Comment

• colorado
          Fan since '62
          • Jun 2023
          • Desert Rat
          • Nothing but time on my hands
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          And that's where a good coaching staff who knew the caliber of players and how to use them comes into play. It's still about the HC.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

And that's where a good coaching staff who knew the caliber of players and how to use them comes into play. It's still about the HC.
            It Starts with GM who hires the HC who chooses his staff, etc.
            This is year 1 for HC Staley, OC Moore, DC Ansley, STC Ficken together. I'm excited to see what they can do. We have an abundance of talent and youth.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

FS is top priority for me, followed by a #2 RB...snap 'em up now, TT, before they're gone...and then u will have to do yer dumpster dive leftover FA special...
              SJD and Malcolm Fox were photographed with JJ3
              could be something - like around training camp, he gets signed
              could be nothing - a few former Rams just getting together hanging out

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Glass half empty: Staley hired Darius Swinton, Joe Lombardi and Renaldo HIll as his initial coordinators and they all failed.

Glass half full: Staley moved quickly to replace underperforming coordinators (even though they were all personal friends) showing he values performance over loyalty. Ficken was a home run replacement for Swinton.

Glass for the predominance of posters here: “Hey! There is a chip on my glass. And I think there is a hair in my drink!”

Happy Independence Day. We live free in the greatest country in the world and we have the best NFL forum in the sport.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

FS is top priority for me, followed by a #2 RB...snap 'em up now, TT, before they're gone...and then u will have to do yer dumpster dive leftover FA special...
                  Edge (depth), safety . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

And the GM . . . . . . . . . in the modern NFL these guys are bonded at the hip. They should be hired (and fired) in sets . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
                      [/B][/U]

And the GM . . . . . . . . . in the modern NFL these guys are bonded at the hip. They should be hired (and fired) in sets . . . . . . . . . . .
                      Maybe...it's not like Chargers ownership has given Telesco the right to hire anyone at any budget as coaching staff. We probably have the best staff that we've seen in a decade. My only huge fricking "F" given to Telesco is letting Steichen go when he proved himself as an OC. Yeah, let's bring in a huge question mark (Lombardi).
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Maybe...it's not like Chargers ownership has given Telesco the right to hire anyone at any budget as coaching staff. We probably have the best staff that we've seen in a decade. My only huge fricking "F" given to Telesco is letting Steichen go when he proved himself as an OC. Yeah, let's bring in a huge question mark (Lombardi).
                        But we don't know how that all went down, we can't know.
                        We don't know if TT wanted to keep Steichen, suggested so, banged the table for or none of the above.
                        Same for mini Spanos, maybe he had that as a priority but Staley insisted on his short list. Maybe Steichen wasn't a fan of the idea of working for Staley.
                        all we can do is speculate because there aren't enough public pieces of information available.

But ya that Eagles O with Herbo woulda been great to see.
                        Darius "4.36" Davis
                        top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Three weeks to training camp. Yee Haw!!

Comment

Working...
                          X