• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Ok, ever since we drafted Max Duggan, every time I see his name I think of Matthew Broderick whiffing on baseballs.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...and while we're on the subject of gadget plays, imagine Duggan at QB and Matlock at RB...Duggan fakes to Matlock up the gut and Duggan scrambles for an easy TD...the possibilities are endless...
      you kids are doing that just for me now, i can tell. not gonna work - i'm cool.

I'm drawing up a play where they snap direct to Matlock, he then pitches wide to McKitty, who has peeled back from his LOS position. Must be backwards as here's the kicker - Kitty hands off to a streaking DD who jet sweeps behind him from wideout but just as DD is about to cross the LOS, he throws a cross-field lob to a wide open Slater, who we had declared eligible for the play but Defense was too busy worrying about Matlock at QB to pay attention.

needless to say, Slater is wide open, Chargers execute the Maginot Line blocking scheme to wall off the entire 11 defenders and voila - Slaterruns the remaining 87 yards for an easy TD score with no defender within 30 yards as he crosses the goal line. Coach gives me a hat tip and wry nod ...

Relaxed Chill GIF
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

The wishbone hasn't been pulled off since the late 80 's. That was an Oklahoma thing.
        Duggan and the wishbone - i'm all in.

People here laughed when i advocated for the flying V formation.

dataurl051687.jpg

And yet, the Eagles used a variation and defenses were helpless to stop it last year.
        Whose laughing now? Get Tito and Matlock involved.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          JH3 and Me
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

dataurl051687.jpg

And yet, the Eagles used a variation and defenses were helpless to stop it last year.
          Cracking Up Lol GIF

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

you kids are doing that just for me now, i can tell. not gonna work - i'm cool.

I'm drawing up a play where they snap direct to Matlock, he then pitches wide to McKitty, who has peeled back from his LOS position. Must be backwards as here's the kicker - Kitty hands off to a streaking DD who jet sweeps behind him from wideout but just as DD is about to cross the LOS, he throws a cross-field lob to a wide open Slater, who we had declared eligible for the play but Defense was too busy worrying about Matlock at QB to pay attention.

needless to say, Slater is wide open, Chargers execute the Maginot Line blocking scheme to wall off the entire 11 defenders and voila - Slaterruns the remaining 87 yards for an easy TD score with no defender within 30 yards as he crosses the goal line. Coach gives me a hat tip and wry nod ...
            Sounds fun, but that play would take WAY too long to develop. Instead, how about this: The Bolt WATERBOY, previously dressed as a player for some promotional gag, reports to the sideline ref as an eligible receiver. At the last minute, he drops his Gatorade bucket and steps onto the field. Duggan fakes to Matlock, scrambles to the side and lobs an easy pass to the Waterboy, doing an EZ fade...EASY TOUCHDOWN! The possibilities are endless!

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

dataurl051687.jpg

...and that was our former OC that we thought wasn't good enough to continue with Herbert...I have heartburn every time I think this as what coulda shoulda been...
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

This fan writer thinks Telesco should try to trade for Isaiah Simmons. He had a hard-on for Simmons in 2020 and when Telesco picked Herbert he admits:

"At the time I was furious, but within one game I realized I couldn’t have been more wrong."

Haha. He must be a member of this forum. Anyway, he opines that the 'cuz the Cards didn't pick up Simmons' 5th year option...

"...it’s reasonable to assume the Cardinals perceive Simmons’ current value to be less than a 2025 fourth-round compensatory pick, or a 2024 fifth round pick."

Simmons is slated to earn $3.4 mil in 2023 under his rookie contract, but the cap hit is $6.6 mil.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  JH3 and Me
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Sounds fun, but that play would take WAY too long to develop. Instead, how about this: The Bolt WATERBOY, previously dressed as a player for some promotional gag, reports to the sideline ref as an eligible receiver. At the last minute, he drops his Gatorade bucket and steps onto the field. Duggan fakes to Matlock, scrambles to the side and lobs an easy pass to the Waterboy, doing an EZ fade...EASY TOUCHDOWN! The possibilities are endless!
                  There is no end.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

I'm going to leave it to the new OC...I have full confidence in him that we are not going to have these WTF experiences like we've had the past two years. I'm just going to be happy that we actually have somebody to who can actually train and properly evaluate players and maximize their abilities.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/202...ws-tom-telesco

This fan writer thinks Telesco should try to trade for Isaiah Simmons. He had a hard-on for Simmons in 2020 and when Telesco picked Herbert he admits:

"At the time I was furious, but within one game I realized I couldn’t have been more wrong."

Haha. He must be a member of this forum. Anyway, he opines that the 'cuz the Cards didn't pick up Simmons' 5th year option...

"...it’s reasonable to assume the Cardinals perceive Simmons’ current value to be less than a 2025 fourth-round compensatory pick, or a 2024 fifth round pick."

Simmons is slated to earn $3.4 mil in 2023 under his rookie contract, but the cap hit is $6.6 mil.
                      I liked Simmons too. Replacing Callahan with him sounds tempting.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

THIS would take MUCH bigger balls that TT or Ownership has shown . . . . . . . . . . they're all in - but only to a point.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I'll admit it. Simmons was the guy I was hoping for when the Bolts were on the clock with the 6th overall pick.

I don't think it would be outlandish to hypothesize that the Cardinals like Simmons well enough, but can't commit to the cap space it would take to sign him without severely limiting other options for bolstering the roster. Much like we're all pretty accepting of the idea that the Chargers won't be able to afford BOTH Keenan and Mike W. in 2024, not with Justin Herbert to prioritize signing.

I'd love for the Bolts to have Isaiah Simmons, but I don't see how it can happen, realistically.

Comment

Working...
                          X